University of Virginia Student graduates in one year

AeroJonesy said:
Eh, it's just an ignorant assumption. I've noticed it's usually made by those that feel like by not engaging in such activities they are morally superior and therefore need some sort of results to prove the point. So they say partiers and the like are going to go nowhere in life.
Of course doing tricks on a high horse is always ok.


If I could graduate in a year I would, I really don't like the average college student. No one here(as a regular) qualifies as an average college student, so don't bring that up. I don't like getting drunk, I don't even really enjoy getting a buzz. Girls are fine, not a major drawing point for me, I already have one. Sure I like to play games and such, but I think solving logic problems and physics is fun too.

I want out of school ASAP, I know what I want to do and I want to be doing it. I don't see why I should spend time with people I don't particularly like, taking classes I don't want to take and living in a dorm in a space so small I'll probably stab the guy I have to share it with.

I've said this before here and I'll probably say it again after this, "You can go do what ever the **** you want, just don't make anyone else a part of it unless they want to."
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
I want out of school ASAP, I know what I want to do and I want to be doing it. I don't see why I should spend time with people I don't particularly like, taking classes I don't want to take and living in a dorm in a space so small I'll probably stab the guy I have to share it with.
Do you know what you want to do in 5 years? 10 years?

Why should you spend time with people you don't particularly like? Because that's the real world. Why take classes you don't want to take? Because of the whole "well-rounded" education thing. And no one says you have to live in a dorm forever.

OSU has every club known to man. And if you can think of one we don't have, you are highly encouraged to make it. There are literally tens of thousands of people here to find. I've made some great friends from doing random things and I know I'll be keeping up with them for many years to come.

I'd be saddened if I finished college and all I had was a degree. Ask yourself, "do I really want to be working right now?" You've got your whole life to work.
 

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Thats you..so before you decide to tell people to get off their high horse..you should get off yours. Not everyone likes to get drunk...party..oogle the opposite sex. According to your way of thinking..they are missing out on something very important. Are you implying that someone that has no desire to sit around and drink do so to fit in now and in the future business world?
 

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
Why do so many people have this notion that anyone who goes to a party and drinks is a frat boy or someone who is going nowhere in life?
If you had a video of some of the parties you attended as an undergrad, or that you now attend, you would change your tune. People at these things are complete morons. I did my time as an undergrad partier, but now I have outgrown such idiocies (for the most part anyway).
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
Bridge is for old women and queers LOL
Oh yeah?

*Plays the Queen of Spades*

You've just been trumped, *****!

AeroJonesy said:
Why do so many people have this notion that anyone who goes to a party and drinks is a frat boy or someone who is going nowhere in life?
TriggerHappy seems to think the converse. Equally silly notions.

zodiac66 said:
Not everyone likes to get drunk...party..oogle the opposite sex.
What is this "oogling" you speak of and do I need to wear protection when I do it?
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
zodiac66 said:
Are you implying that someone that has no desire to sit around and drink do so to fit in now and in the future business world?
Fit in? When did I talk about fitting in? I said "the best time to network with someone is when you're sharing a drink with them." I didnt' say this was the only time.

And where did I talk about ogling the opposite sex? You know, trying to counter my arguments by arguing against points I didn't make doesn't work very well.
 

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
Fit in? When did I talk about fitting in? I said "the best time to network with someone is when you're sharing a drink with them." I didnt' say this was the only time.

And where did I talk about ogling the opposite sex? You know, trying to counter my arguments by arguing against points I didn't make doesn't work very well.
Didn't you mention sitting on campus watching the young freshman girls playing fisbee? Or was that someone else.
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah that was me in a moment of weakness. They all just moved back in! So I stand corrected on the last one.
 

TriggerHappy

Diabloii.Net Member
dondrei said:
Then every person you ever talked to is an idiot who likes drinking too much and hanging around with a bunch of other idiots talking crap in inane parties where they celebrate how pointless their spoiled little lives are while they waste time "learning" things they don't really understand and are never going to use in their future dead-end careers. LOL.

It's okay, because I said LOL.
I guess what normal people call friends you call 'bunch of other idiots' and anyone with a college degree has a 'dead-end career'


dondrei said:
Life is boring, video games are better.
Thanks for re-enforcing my point. You are missing out on life and are anti-social.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
TriggerHappy said:
I guess what normal people call friends you call 'bunch of other idiots' and anyone with a college degree has a 'dead-end career'

Thanks for re-enforcing my point. You are missing out on life and are anti-social.
I've seen what people call "a life", I'm not missing out on anything.

*Gives TriggerHappy's high horse a carrot*

Nice horsie.
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Some people have odd versions of "life", but if it makes them happy and they aren't hurting anyone, good for them.
 
Top