Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unique Ward bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Lunfear, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Lunfear

Lunfear IncGamers Member

Unique Ward bug?

I recently came upon a Unique Ward (Spirit Ward) and it is still un-ided. The defence it shows it 171 base but when I check Arreat's Summit or D2.net, both sites state that the base defence of a Ward range from 153 to 170. Does anyone have an explaination for this?

2. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

I have noticed this type of thing before, armors having more def, or weapons more damage, then what is posted. So far I have only noticed this on set or unique items, so this could be part of the explanation.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

best bet is things get changed with patches and bnet isnt all teh way up to date

4. pcmatt1024

pcmatt1024 IncGamers Member

the base def of set/unique items with enhanced def mods is the highest possible base def for that item + 1. note that this property goes away when you upgrade and the new base is randomly selected from the base range of the type you're upgrading to... for this reason certain upgrades can actually lower the def (vamp gaze is a prime example)

5. vamp_sx

vamp_sx IncGamers Member

Whoa thanks. I was about to upgrade my vamp without consulting the forums first haha.

6. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

yea i found this when both my arachnid sash's dropped with +1 higher than the max defence.

also this webbie isnt quite up to date with runewords either, i made a stone armour hoping to get a nice high ed% (assuming 260% was max) then i got 284%, i was pleased :)

Also if you go to runewords and look at Famine you will see that the max ed% is 320%. Then click on the pic for it and it says 343%ed, weird!

7. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i think those 2 runewords are not accounting the bonuses for Pul and Ohm respectively...

Not that I'm complaining...