Unique Ettin Axe

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Unique Ettin Axe

I already forget it's name. I stopped playing, and started again, found out a barb I thought expired didn't. Anyways WW barb, Axe mastery. Now the best weapon I just recently found for him is this Unique Ettin Axe with 5 Sockets!

I'm wondering, whats good to go into those sockets? I read somewhere it needs 45%ias in it to reach max WW speed. It suggested 40/15's but I'm not that rich, so does anyone have suggestions? Would 2x Shaels be enough? Should i find 3x 15%ias + good mod jewels? what about the other slots?

Ce Olba

Banned
Pooshy said:
I already forget it's name. I stopped playing, and started again, found out a barb I thought expired didn't. Anyways WW barb, Axe mastery. Now the best weapon I just recently found for him is this Unique Ettin Axe with 5 Sockets!

I'm wondering, whats good to go into those sockets? I read somewhere it needs 45%ias in it to reach max WW speed. It suggested 40/15's but I'm not that rich, so does anyone have suggestions? Would 2x Shaels be enough? Should i find 3x 15%ias + good mod jewels? what about the other slots?
You will need at least 44% IAS on that thing. And it's name is Runemaster by the way. I would suggest putting 3 ed/ias jewels and 2 ohms or ed jewels in it.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
But if you could afford those Ohms Ce Olba mentioned I guess you'd be better of with other weapons, Rune master can be a great weapon, but making it so is very expensive... unless ed is also very high I guess you can put whatever you see fit into those sockets base on economy...

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Im kind in a similar position, after finding a perfect 270% etheral 5soc runemaster the other day on ladder west.
I've Zodded it, but atm, thats where it stands... with 4 socs to go
Its damage as is, is 183 - 366.
Should I:

ber ber lo lo it? or..
ber lo ohm ohm it?

Its going on a off hand frenzy barb, so ias is pointless

Suggestions plz..

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
how about go with all-out damage? you could get DS/CB elsewhere (Guill's, Gorerider, highlords)

i've found that both 4x 40/15max jewels and 4xOhms result in the same average damage...

4x 40/15 max = 262-584 = 423 average
4x = Ohms 282-564 = 423 average

That kind of damage is comparable to a Grief...

To put that in perspective, a perfect 415% EBotD zerker does 185-548 damage, 366 average...

it's really up to you. do you have DS/CB on other gear? if so, try the all-out damage route.

Ce Olba

Banned
Eilo Rytyj said:
how about go with all-out damage? you could get DS/CB elsewhere (Guill's, Gorerider, highlords)

i've found that both 4x 40/15max jewels and 4xOhms result in the same average damage...

4x 40/15 max = 262-584 = 423 average
4x = Ohms 282-564 = 423 average

That kind of damage is comparable to a Grief...
It's not. Grief hits the Last Whirlwind IAS breakpoint, thus it does WAY more average damage over time. Your precious weapon can at most hit the -10 frames breakpoint, making it's damage over time crappy.

To put that in perspective, a perfect 415% EBotD zerker does 185-548 damage, 366 average...
Yet it deals way more damage even over the first 20 frames (0.8 seconds).

And by the way, 10% of DS adds ~7.8% to your overall damage. You will find it hard to get that much effectively added damage from ED. (On my BvC, if I wanted to get 7.8% more damage via ED, I would need 60% more ED) I mean, you can always squeeze more and more DS (EDC + HL=100% DS) until you hit 100%. Then you can start looking for +ED%. Or well, first get to a decent amount of damage (such as the 5 500), then get huge DS, and after that, if possible, get more ED.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
But in my case, Ce Olba, im frenzying on off hand, so ias is null. (no ww here)
Looks a little better now, doesnt it...

Yeah, i like the 40/15max jwl idea, since ettin has good min damage anyway
..and there i was thinking a 40/15max was worth chippies, or worse, because of the restrictions made when socketing in helms or armor.

Cheers dude for the info

Ce Olba

Banned
Spankeh said:
But in my case, Ce Olba, im frenzying on off hand, so ias is null. (no ww here)
Looks a little better now, doesnt it...
And what about the OP? He clearly said WW.

Spankeh

Diabloii.Net Member
Whoa, haha, lol forgot about him.
Pooshy the ww'er, yeah id definately put 3x ed%/15ias's in it and add a couple of ohms

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
..and there i was thinking a 40/15max was worth chippies, or worse, because of the restrictions made when socketing in helms or armor.
40/15max isnt exactly down the toilet in value seeing as its still kinda godly when put in a weapon as you were intending.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
sorry 'bout that, got a little carried away OT. totally forgot OP was WW, was more focused on Spankeh's problem...

Ce Olba has a point with DS though... need to think about this some more regarding Lo runes vs Ohms...

Try re-rolling jewels found in hell with the 3Pgem recipe Pooshy. It's a long shot, and you'll need a lot of Pgems, but there's a small chance that you'll stumble across an IAS jewel. Otherwise, Shael.

P.S. Even more OT: I've noticed if average base dmg<75, 40/15max is better, if average base dmg>75, then Ohm is better (50-40=10% difference, 10% of 75 = 7.5 average, +15 max = 7.5 average). Ethereal Ettin axe is 74.25 average so technically 40/15's are slightly better, but there's no difference since the game rounds down to the nearest integer... ugh i'm finished... good night!

Ce Olba

Banned
Eilo Rytyj said:
Ce Olba has a point with DS though... need to think about this some more regarding Lo runes vs Ohms...
On a perfect Runemaster, 2 Ohms would add +49 average damage, whereas 2 Lo's would add +57 average damage. Compare this to 1 Ohm adding +25 average damage and 1 Lo adding 29. They're quite close to each other. Also, 1 40/15 would add +27. Two of those would add +40 average damage.

three Ohms would add:
+74 average damage
Three Lo's would add:
+86 average damage
Three 40/15max's would add:
+83 average damage

Conclusion: Lo>40/15>Ohm.

P.S. Even more OT: I've noticed if average base dmg<75, 40/15max is better, if average base dmg>75, then Ohm is better (50-40=10% difference, 10% of 75 = 7.5 average, +15 max = 7.5 average). Ethereal Ettin axe is 74.25 average so technically 40/15's are slightly better, but there's no difference since the game rounds down to the nearest integer... ugh i'm finished... good night!
However, with the Ethereal, you will need to put a Zod in there. However, the ethereal adds a lot of damage to it (as now all your ohms add 75% damage instead of 50%)

An ethereal Zodded 2*shael 2* ohm runemaster would have
49.5 * 1.5 * 4.7 = 348.975 average damage
Compared to:
49.5 * 5.2 = 257.4 average damage. Ethereal vs. non ethereal, with 2 shaels on each.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
this is crazy... getting so technical

something i failed to point out, all my calcs were done with Spankeh's particular one in mind, eth with a Zod already in it. eth Ettin is 49.5-99 base damage.

i'm gettin' too old for this... math... jargon. bahumbug. i'm out.

vrot

Diabloii.Net Member
Lems or Ists. I don't get the whole gold finding thing though, so I'd add ists as I get them. Then you get another one and do the same thing