Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unique Characters

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Soupoftheday, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Soupoftheday

Soupoftheday Banned

Unique Characters

Hello, I stumbled upon this humble site whilst looking for a guide to make a special type of soceress. Anyways, this looks to be one of the only classical-only forums for Diablo II on the internet. I own the entire DIABLO BATTLECHEST yet I only use D2C and the strategy guide.

So, does anyone here like making unique characters? And what are some of the most interesting that you have made?

By unique I mean out of the ordinary character structure/frame, for example I saw a lvl 78 Smiter with "Godly Gear" on in Hell and I was very impressed.

Right now I am only interested in unique characters for what I call LLD (Low Level Dueler OR Low Level Destroyer). Simply for the fact that a lot of neat little characters can not hold their own against a group of immune enemies.

So what are some of the most creative characters you have ever created?

2. Wyvern

Wyvern IncGamers Member

keeping in mind that I have never played the expansion, some of the most creative characters I have made are:

lvl 87 ranger
    lvl 85 melee sorc
    lvl 82 melee mancer
    lvl 81 warcry barb
    lvl 43 double throw barb
    lvl 83 sword/sheild zon

These were all made in or before 1.09 patch. With the exception of the throw barb they all worked very well, and were able to hold their own in hell cows, and Chaos Sanc. Only reason the barb didnt fair so well is classic doesnt have any magic, rare, or unique throw weaps. so he just couldnt dish out the dmg.

3. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

The most unique character that I have created would be a my bow enchantress on expansion. I doubt you could do it as well on classic though. Try a warcry barb I heard they are really nice for cs and otherthings. Oh btw the strategy guide for diablo 2 is poopy IMO.

4. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

Defiant tank.

Max smite, Holy Shield, Defiance, and then 10 in the Resist Auras. I could tank anything, even Diablo Clone without BO.

5. Soupoftheday

Soupoftheday Banned

Mr.Cerebrus it's an honour to actually talk to you, before I signed up I was looking through some interesting topics and your guide on a cold zealot inspired me to make one.

He is quite fetching!

The most unique char I have ever made was a lvl 67 bash barb. Actually, he wasn't a true blue bash barb, he was just my first character ever so I had NO idea what a mastery or warcry was so I just maxed bash.

He was the worst character in all of all the Diablo 2 Realms.

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the forums! We have all had characters who could go no further at one time or another. Whether it be from lack of knowledge about building characters, or because of a new patch making it unusable, it happens.

Hope to see you around more.

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

You did not stumble on anything, Joedamned.

Now you are banned for good.

8. Davos

Davos IncGamers Member

Back on topic

I've not made any really unique characters, but my first 1.10 sorc was an FO/Hydra sorc that was good at killing Andariel, but since i made her badly (140 str? erm..) she was poop at actually getting there :lol:

I know a lot of unique (or at least Rare :D ) Dueling characters, one of which was a bit of a variety on the European current standard for a Barb (Exec Sword/Battle Hammer/Naga, Twitchthroe, Swordguard etc) since he used Ripsaw, Sigons Helm/Shield/Belt, Rattlecage, and Bloodfist (as well as some 30 or 40fr/w boot) as his equipment, and he did a very good job at wiping out sorceress', necro's and other barbs.

9. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Your good aragorn... realy good I would like to know how the heck u know who people are? wicked!

10. Wyvern

Wyvern IncGamers Member

good chance its by ip logging

11. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

I knew it was him after the first sentence. And was sure when he mentioned LLD games. It's too bad, not that many ppl play classic and not many of them will ever come here to post. Its doubly too bad cuz unique char builds are uncommon. Mostly u see them in norm and nm, rarely hell.

Tried to warn this guy last nite on my realm that he was easy to find out about, sent 6 msgs his way, but no response, it said he was in a game, perhaps afk.

I still have a lvl 91 ranger here on classic. The 1.08 fanaticism damage bonus was great for him. But now, he is even worse than zons, no MS, no guided, no valk. 1.10 ruined him as it did most of my other chars: lvl 95 frenzy, 89 meleemancer, 98 zealot all useless in late hell.

Thrower barb. Now we had a lvl 86 thrower who did well with fan aura, had to go to town for more ammo. There usually was a fan pally and necros often amped in runs back then b4 'bonemania', so thrower barbs could be UBER. Don't listen to those idiotic guides from early D2 that said they sucked by act3 norm. Now with the 1.10 higher hitpoints, even a synergy wont help offset that, not to mention a near absence of fan pallys and profusion of clueless necros who havent found the curse skill tree yet... Lack of throwing rares is broken, and it was never fixed in classic.

Pnova necro. Unique cuz there are so few of them. With full synergy and some lowres curse they can do about 2400+ pois dam per 2 sec cast multiplied by # of monsters within range. So 10K damage per second to a mob and preventing rehealing is a useful contribution. Add the fact that sorcies can now kill 2x+ faster, a few revives provide a nice meatshield, and toss in some CE when corpses start showing up, and such chars are stronger than most other players in the game...

Warcry barb. Best warcry barb ever was lvl 93 Babacry, played up till a year ago, used ww to get into central position in mob. He didnt have any synergy, max bo, max shout. You would never die when u played with him. I consider him to be nearly the most powerful barb I've ever seen.