Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unimpressive Light Javazon Dmg, WTF?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Rygun, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

Unimpressive Light Javazon Dmg, WTF?

I was checking out the skill calculator, and I put in max light fury, and all its synergies, and added +5 to all skills due to zon stuff, and the dmg was sad. 1700 light fury dmg seems a bit un-noticeable compared to my 5.6k druid fury attk. Is this light dmg like the orb dmg where it does not say alot, but it does incredible dmg??

2. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

Yes....LF is devastating even with 1-1000 per bolt. You do not need to synergize LF at all. Max LF (with no synergies...and maybe +2-4 skills) with a Pierce % between 75% - 100% will clear a screen faster than any other skill....excluding LIs. Don't be fooled by LFs numbers....it's a killer....and can't be directly compared to other types of damage/skills based on numbers alone.

nid

3. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

You also need to factor in the amounts of bolts released, which is 26 at level 25. So multiply your damage with 26 for TOTAL damage, then you also need to factor in how one LF can result in multiple triggered bursts, say 1-3 on average. And THEN you need to factor in the bolts can hit more than one target.
    :yep:

4. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

so do not synergize at all? or 5 skill or so good? then do what, 10 into dodge evade and that other one? thats only 50 skill pts. what is next? pierce for javs?? ouch head hurts, *hates making new chars* i have perf titans, do i really need to get tstrokes??

5. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

you could read the sticky, but anyhows

max LF and 1 into the pre req's

then 1 into D/A/E first, then after u are wearing full gear pump them until they all 40-50%

Get Peirce upto about 50 - then when u have full gear add skill points so u have ~75 (some say more, but u can kill very fast with 75%).

Get Critical strike upto about 50% with +skills

Then u spend the rest of your points (~40) on something to help u kill LI's - usually Poison Jav / Plague Jav, Jab or Charged? strike (dunno what it's called - i do poison :p)

get valk to 17 inc +skills

NO SYNERGIES for LF AT ALL. as the 1% increase is a waste of a skill point.

as for t/strokes - not really, titans are fine, and if u upgrade them (if on ladder) even better, and if u can get ETH titans and upgrade them even even better

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Perhaps you are forgetting that at high levels (eg. 30) and high level pierce lightning fury releaes about 239287498193581984926829 bolts.

7. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

You might look into putting 20 into charged strike. This is by far the best boss-killing skill an amazon has, and it far outdoes most any skill in the game for killing act bosses. The Lightning fury will synergize it, and that should get you through every non- lightning immune monster with ease.

You should look at getting 100% pierce. For a javazon, this means 9 points in pierce(after +skills) and razortail. You can get 98% with 8 points in pierce, though, which is usually enough. Pierce is by far the greatest need for LF.... with no pierce, LF does pretty poor damage(comparitively, at least). However, when you pierce and hit another monster, everything on the screen gets hit again by lightning..... if you get some larger packs you can often set off LF 5-6 times per throw, which will clear the screen extremely quickly.... I've cleared rooms in multiplayer games in hell with one throw of LF....

You'll probably want a skill to deal with lightning immunes as well. My suggestion would be to go with either the poison skills in the jav tree, or go hybrid and use strafe. The poison skills are pretty effective, but can have difficulties later in the game if you play multiplayer. I would recommend getting 20 in both poison and plague javelin if you go this route. Using strafe will require you to have a good bow on your switch, but the advantage it offers is that it is effective both against crowds of lightning immune monsters as well as LI bosses. However, you will probably have a low attack rating, so you'd probably want to use an eth for -enemy defense or a bow with ignore target defense like Eaglehorn if you did this.

8. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

i think i might go the charged route, seein all the praise it is getting. but i already plan to use a tgods belt, so the razor skin is out. and im sorry to inform some of you, but crit strike only works with 0 and i mean 0 elemental damage. ask around, i know for a fact. that is why i think that is a waste of pts. seeing most of use us, well, LIGHT dmg, and/or psn dmg. another thing i was wondering, was the upgrade is lem + ko + pdiamond correct? and one last thing, valk helm is best for javazon?

9. Omikron8

Well that's about the biggest pile of bull that i've ever heard. Critical strike doesn't work when you have elemental damage eh? So i suppose that my bowazon who has multiple lightning damage charms is not getting any critical from her skill/witchwild string even though i see the graphic (yellow spark on the enemy) of a critical hit and i seem to be doing much more damage.

10. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

lol whatever you say man, hey whats it look like when you hit with lightning, oh ya a little yellow spark, hm....

11. TheZealot

TheZealot IncGamers Member

the dmg is pretty low, considering how u gonna kill stuff in 8ppl hell baal runs

12. Omikron8

I guess i am finding it hard to explain, i can tell the difference between a lightning hit and a critical strike hit even when they happen at the same time (eg. arrow shot). The critical looks like a brief yellow flash on the enemy's head. I realize that the elemental damage itself is not doubled by critical strike but IF critical strike did not boost physical damage AT ALL when elemental damage was being applied as well, well that would be the biggest and ugliest bug in zon history. Look all i need to say is that my bowazon does a hell of a lot of more damage with points invested in critical strike even when she is packing enormous elemental damage.

13. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

I have a clvl 85 LF Amazon (Finished Hell) and she clears crowd control faster than any other type of character in the game. I've maxed LF and just 1 point in the synergies and let my + skills add to them. I have maxed Valk for my tank and my choice for merc is NM Offensive for the might aura. I also ended up maxing Jab as I use Etheral Titans. With my Might Aura Offensive merc I get insane jab damage and take out boss monsters like Baal, Diablo and Meph in Hell with relative ease. For soloing I do Diablo runs in Hell and use LF to clear ouf the Chaos Sanctury and then its 3 against 1 on Diablo. He is the easiest Boss for me to access in Hell and Oblivion Knghts are no problem against LF. Clearly the best and fastest crowd control character in the game in any level (Normal, Nightmare or Hell Modes).

14. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

I think I remember you posting this info in another thread a while back. Synergies do not work this way. +skills do NOT give you synergy bonuses. You are only getting synergy bonuses for the 1 pt you put into each....not from any of the +skills. I just wanted to clear this up.

nid

15. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

when you do damage, like everybody knows, you do lets say 500-1300 dmg correct? You have a much better chance to do about 800-1000 dmg instead of that full 1300 dmg. there is NOT a symbol or animation that shows when you hit with critical strike. the only way to tell, as you all have said, is a much higher dmg product. BUT, if you HAVE elemental dmg in your inventory, you DO NOT use critical strike. plain and simple. there ya go. no questions. you guys are wrong, sorry, try again, kill yourselves...

16. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

Lol, do you know how crit strike works? It works like this
    Lets say you have 50% chance for crit strike. When you fire or swing the game rolls (or lets say flips a coin) and you have a 1/2 chance of it doing 2x the damage, ,elemental damage does not get the roll only phyiscal and only if you land a hit, same with CB, they both have an animation (As I'm sure we've seen the CB flare things) So no you are wrong, elemental damage just isnt crit striked, how do I know? Go test it with a head striker as crit and deadly are the same thing, get to the lvl (I forget now) where the deadly is over 100% and add an elemental charm, youll do double damage

Elvish

17. Omikron8

There is no animation for critical strike eh? Do this (read carefully): Take a level 1 amazon, level her up to level 2 and put a point in critical strike and use nothing but a short bow. Shoot at a monster and after a few times the level 1 critical strike (16%) will kick in and you WILL see a yellow flash over the monster's head, which tells you that critical strike has rolled successfully. I see this flash many times at high levels with my bowazons and it DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH ELEMENTAL DAMAGE I HAVE!

18. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

ok, did me some research, turns out yes you can have elemental dmg, but, in turn, i am right in a sense, bc, say you have 2k psn dmg, and IN THE BOX it is listed as 4k dmg. so apparently you do roughly 2k dmg correct? so ur max dmg is 4k, with psn, and with crit strike you would do how much....thats right mathematicians, 4k. no dmg increase. pointless. you are all really sad, come on now. elemental dmg increases most attk by alot alot. crit dmg either exceeds slightly, or none at all, maybe even negative dmg. so please, lets think a little before we start shouting accusations about that im wrong. not saying you are wrong, but yes, you can have elemental dmg. BUT DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE....i think not...verdict of debate, RYGUN 1, PEOPLE -5845894859435804385904385904380539458093458903485904385

19. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

...wow you are thick skulled..the numbers don't show a thing...soloing 4-6 players Hell Baal is incredibly easy if you follow Freya's build...maxing Charged Strike will take out Hell Diablo in a 1 player game in about 8-10 seconds...

20. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, you just made my day. Last time I laughed so hard was when that guy posted "enuff stats to win an pk" with his "heart of thekbob" and "shacko."

1. critical strike does not affect elemental damage

2. critical strike DOES affect physical damage from non-spell attacks (i.e. bow damage, jav damage, etc)

3. the increase in total damage will not be double your original damage if you are using LF, since your main damage will be coming from the lightning. However, the monster(s) that your jav hits also take the physical damage from the jav, as well as the lightning bolts that are released. That physical damage from the jav is doubled in a critical strike, on just the monster it hits.

--fatty

P.S. the best part was "maybe even negative dmg" :winner: