Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unid?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Malgor, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Unid?

What does Unid mean? I see that word/abbreviation(?) tossed around a lot and don't know what it means.

2. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

unid= Un'ed=Un'id= Unidentified. Basically a uniqe/set item which you havent identified yet. In 1.09 unid items were worth more because there were no unid items that were duped. So a unid Windforce was worth a LOT more than a perfect Wf. But that doesnt count that much anymore, most people I know ask to identify it because they want to know the variable stats :)

3. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thank you. So people trade unidentified items still? What is the point of that exactly? Because unids can't be duped?

4. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Another reason is that if you ID an item with variable stats, and it turns out to be a crappy example, it is very hard to trade. People have figured that, on average, they get a better price selling an item unid'ed than they do id'ing it and hoping it's good.

5. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Okay, maybe this is a dumb question, but how do I know what I'm selling if I don't Ident it? I don't know all the items in the game, and I ident to see if it's good, if it isn't I want to junk it or vendor it.

For example I got a Grandfather tonight, it's pretty good. It says in trade values it's worth 1 high rune (unid) - but since I identified it is it worth less?

6. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Well, there are lists of items on http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp .. there are a couple of items in the game which have more than 1 unique or set version, e.g. a unique Sacred Armour could be either Templar's Might or Tyrael's Might, so you wouldn't trade one of those unid'ed.. but most items, you can just look up.

How good is pretty good? Since it can have 150-250% enhanced damage, if it's towards the upper end of that, it's probably worth the same. If it's near perfect it's probably worth more. If it's right down the bottom, it might prove hard to sell. :)

7. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

It's my experience that on EU [L] 99% of the people do not trade for unid items. The only two people that accepted a unid item were very rich, so it doesnt really matter to them. If someone offer a unid item I'll ask to ID it, and so will most of the other traders. Mainly because, like you said, the price varies depending on how good the item stats are, and nobody wants to overpay. Maybe it's different on other realms, but that's how it is on Eur :)