Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unhandled Exception? Error. Help!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DRCL, Jul 8, 2010.

1. DRCL

DRCL IncGamers Member

Unhandled Exception? Error. Help!

Hello,
    So I don't know why, but every time I'm going through acts for the first time (ex. completing andy and talking to warriv to go to Act 2) an error pops up and closes Diablo.

Now, I remember this happening when I used to play a few years back, but it happened on and off..
    I thought the problem was only when I installed either SP or MP ONLY, but thought when installing FULL (inserting cinematic disc) it wouldn't happen..
    Well that's not the case..

Anyone know what causes this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
    Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Re: Unhandled Exception? Error. Help!

Are you playing without sound?

When I've experienced this in the past, it was always linked to the game trying to play the cinematics, but being unable to for some reason. For me, the reasons have varied between using the -ns command to turn off the sound, and a bad sound card.

3. DRCL

DRCL IncGamers Member

Re: Unhandled Exception? Error. Help!

Yeah, I'm playing without sound.. I'll give it another try with NS taken off.

There is an in-game option to turn the sound down/off right? (I'm hoping anyways)

edit: Just tested it out on SP.. And yep, no problems.. -NS was the cause, which would explain it as I wasn't having the problem when I first started playing the game, but only after a while.. I guess once I learned about the -w -ns commands and used them, they started giving me problems..

Anyways, thanks for the help Noodle

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010