Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

unfortunate and dumb (report)

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by GoreSpilr, Feb 17, 2004.

1. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

unfortunate and dumb (repost)

Unfortunate and dumb. Its my own dumb fault, and I feel like I half new what was going on. some clever dick duped me into giving my password in a dnd message. I didn't even know what that was, but it didn't seem like something to do with ladder ranking, so I did it anyway. All my goodies gone. My friends list, gone. I tried changing my password, and having it emailed to me, but no luck as of yet. I didn't have anything really really elite, but its still a kick in the pants. I wish I had known how simple it was to do that. I've emailed for password recovery, but I don't think it will work. Is there anything else I can do? (other than go and cry myself to sleep)

so, if you're new, think about reading some articles on bnet. Might save you some of the heart ache I'm going through.

Broken Man,
    GS

---
    I posted this earlier when the forums were screwy. If a mod deleted it, feel free to do it again.

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Guess I'll go more or less with the same reply I did before... Just for the record, I don't think it was a mod deleting it... I think there was a forum burp.

--------------------------------

Password Recovery should work as long as you provide them with the CD-Key to prove it's your account.

There's nothing else you can do.

Most people take a lump or two... Next time you'll avoid it. It's the nature of progress. 2 steps forward... 1 step back. 2 steps forward....

3. GoreSpilr

I did a password recovery, it never sent me anything. I might have given him the email as well. I think its pretty much done for. alainpp66, I thank you for replying again.

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, I noticed a few of my postings have gone AWOL too.

5. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

there are a lot of people out there trying to screw you...a lot! You could head over to the SPF and check out the weekly giveaway, maybe you could replace something that was lost. Good luck.

6. GoreSpilr

I'm uswest ladder, so I presume that spf doesn't apply to me. its ok, I'll muddle through, I did before.
    thanks again,
    GS.