unexplained phenomenon, i can't find any info about it anywhere de

everyonediesaloneindirt

Diabloii.Net Member
unexplained phenomenon, i can't find any info about it anywhere

I found something parculiar anyone know what it is?

In Diablo II: Lord of Destruction...

After killing Mephisto and heading back to Kurast Docks and talking to a few towns folk i went back to the Durance of Hate level 3 and just above the area North West of the portal to Act 4 this wierd blue ghost thing appeared, hit me, and then dissapeared. i ran around this area quite a bit and eventually it happened again. i couldn't seem to hurt it or get any information about it, and neither could my mercenary. It seemed to only appear about 3 times before i had to portal back to town and then back again, and the intervals in which it appeared varied from about 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

I have some screenies of this thing but i dunno how to post em - don't understand the "help for posting images" thing either. If someone can tell me how i will post those too.

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be good.

thanks

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, there's nothing exceptional here. If you're a regular Mephisto MF-runner, you'll encounter him quite often. There's 2 or 3 of them appearing around the central pentagram, always in the same spots. One of them is just near the pillar where Mephisto gets stucked when you use the moat trick. It's sometimes annoying, because when Mephisto dies and you teleport for the loot, if you're really low on life, he may be able to finish you off in 1 hit :grin: !

everyonediesaloneindirt

Diabloii.Net Member
Gosh Dang it!!

I was hoping i had discovered some miraculous secrect thing that would grant me untold riches...

Now the mystery is gone :embarassed:

oh well, thanks anyways guys!

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
And yet I have never heard the reason these ghosts are in the Durance at all. Any speculations?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
For posting screenies, go to imageshack.us and just put the location of the file into the box, press host and it'll give you a URL. Piece of cake.

There are other places you can go to, like photobucket if you prefer.

But yeah, I see those guys all the time. I'll tell you what always makes me go "ooh!" though - getting a map in Hell with those stained glass windows. Smashy smashy!

And yet I have never heard the reason these ghosts are in the Durance at all. Any speculations?
I dunno, spectral manifestations of Hatred?

Wurmer

Diabloii.Net Member
getting a map in Hell with those stained glass windows. Smashy smashy!
It hasn't happen to me for so long that I thought they had remove that feature ! I haven't gotten a map with those in years, are you sure a map like that can still spawn ?

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
yes stained glass still appears... and those ghosts are called "an evil force" like diablos bone prison and baal's clone....

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
They aren't called "an evil force", "an evil force" is what things are named when there's no name.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
It hasn't happen to me for so long that I thought they had remove that feature ! I haven't gotten a map with those in years, are you sure a map like that can still spawn ?
Yes, they still can spawn, it seems to me that I've had such a map recently. But it's pretty rare, though. However, it's not like I'm hunting for them every evening :rolleyes:...

Thynqikan

Diabloii.Net Member
If those ghost things happen to kill you the message is " XXXXXXX has been slain by an evil force"

Thynqikan

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
They aren't called "an evil force", "an evil force" is what things are named when there's no name.
So you mean they got that name, but nobody calls them like that ? :scratch: :azn:

Seriously, I know what you mean, but you explained in a way that I couldn't resist...

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
isn't it one of those floating swords -- like triggered from a chest trap?
Those things are called Flying Scimitars, and they can be killed just like normal enemies. They appear in Matron's Den a lot if you start smashing barrels. They aren't the "evil force" the OP was talking about.

I believe Flying Scimitars can only drop Scimitar/Cutlass/Ataghan items when killed.

Athelstan

Diabloii.Net Member
This doesn't make any sense...as far as we know, these entities don't have a name, therefore if you are killed by them, it should say you were killed by "an evil force." Hence, thats what the game calls them.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I got one a short while ago. I'd forgotten all about them, hadn't seen them since before 1.09...

isn't it one of those floating swords -- like triggered from a chest trap?
No, they're just a regular badguy. Hang around the Durance, you'll see these things sure enough. It's just that people usually rush through it too fast.

rykuss

Banned
Shiver armor makes them pay for their attacks, too bad they don't drop anything. Oh and to read up on these and other strange things you might see, good ole Cain's corner is the place to be. :wink3:

Athelstan

Diabloii.Net Member
Shiver armor makes them pay for their attacks, too bad they don't drop anything. Oh and to read up on these and other strange things you might see, good ole Cain's corner is the place to be. :wink3:
Wow..i never realized those statues before the chaos sanctuary turn their head to look at you...I guess you learn something new every day.