Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unexpected Player Killing - what can I do

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by MafCallow, Apr 6, 2004.

1. MafCallow

MafCallow IncGamers Member

Unexpected Player Killing - what can I do

Hello all, I have issues...

Whilst me and a small group of friends were happily walking through the Rivers of Flambé to visit our uncle Diablo, a big bad wolf jumped out of the pack and PKed me before I realised what was going on...
    ...as I lost a large chunk of XP & Gold, I am Not best pleased!

Who would've thought Hell would be a dangerous place to be?! :p

This was a totally random and unprovoked act (as far as I know - they gave no reason, and refused to answer anything I asked).

I was wondering if there is anybody I can report this anti-social behaviour to?
    I assume there's something that can be done about these people...
    ...or at least, I certainly hope so.

I know the PKer's character name, class and level; and I know the server name, time & date. There anything else I might need for a report?

If there's no official body, is there any way I can find out this person's address and have them shot?

Thank you for bearing with my rant - I assume this is quite common, and that somebody up *there* doesn't hate me!

Maf
    *MafCallow

2. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

That's actually pretty common. There are plenty of people who are bored with the game, and they get their kicks from doing things like this.

No, you can't report it, since Blizzard actually encourages this behavior. It allows them to sell more copies of the game, since there would be something to do even after you find all the items in the game.... etc...

You can't really protect against it, but unless the person used a hack, it should take at least 10 seconds after they hostile you before they come on the screen. Just be careful.

3. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

the same sort of thing happened to me in a dueling game. I joined with my lvl 19 barb and this lvl 59 wind druid challanged me and I declined because he would whip my ***. Well later in the game I challanged a lvl 20 assn. and when we got to our dueling area he came out of no where and killed me and the person I challanged.

4. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

If you join a dueling game, expect to get dueled. You cant enter and expect not to be challenged.
    If you dont want thse high lvl characters killing you, make a game with level restrictions, or get your mates to come, and have a pass. And when you get PK'ed you don't lose experience, only gold.

5. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

its not that. He challanged me and I said no, because he had like 40 lvls against me and he came out of nowhere when I had a match lined up.

6. Matrixnetuk

Matrixnetuk IncGamers Member

Hmmmm I must admit with 6chars (Trying all classes) running lvl20-30 im still a wannabe .....so far all the open games i have joined there is always a guaranteed Hostile char ..which kinda puts me on edge...bashing monsters and setting spells for them to walk right into really is too easy so the thought of a hostile player of a reasonable lvl (not too much higher) is a great way of getting the adrenalin going
    <<<<<<it feels a bit like that scene outta Alien where the red x just keeps getting nearer ...of course my town portal is very comforting :-D

Yup I agree setting lvl b4 creating is a cool idea

I think once i Have understood how each char intereacts with other species im off to the duelling fields but for now im having sooooo much fun in act4 lmao geeeez that diablo seems too scary for me to even get near to

cheers
    :drink:
    Matrix

7. MafCallow

MafCallow IncGamers Member

Well, I gotta say, knowing that I only lost gold, and not exp; I'm not half as annoyed :p.
    Money, schmoney...

Maybe it's just the effect of a good night's sleep - as my mother might say (if she were that kind of mother...)

I'd better get back to prodding posterior - thanks for your replies

Maf :D

8. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

Of course, this is a perfect example of why many people have stopped playing on Bnet. You can play MP but protect yourself by only playing with people of relatively high trustworthiness, with some accountability, by using passworded TCP/IP games arranged in a trusted venue. Plus you get to use ATMA. Check out the Single-Player Forum in the Strategy Forums here for a fine place to start.