Undocumented changes and issues with Patch 2.1

Elly

Administrator
Can you report any changes that aren't in the 2.1 patch notes and indeed any issues you're running into where things aren't working as they should do.

Achievements

There have been reports of achievements not showing up. Blizzard are aware and suggest logging in and out which isn't' working for many. They are looking to fix but it is only a display problem, achievements are being tracked and logged.

Artemis

Diabloii.Net Member
I TP'd from a Rift but couldn't take the portal back in. I went to the bnet bug forum and found countless bugs being reported. Almost every post on the first 3 pages is a unique bug. This feels like a beta.

Honestly, Blizzard needs to stop being so hard on themselves with deadlines and take the time to debug as much as possible.

tougeznut

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think APoC is working properly, or the MB +2 missles aren't procing it like they should be.

tougeznut

Diabloii.Net Member
Using letterbox in the video options is very "unfinished" is the only way I can describe it. For Mac.

malistroi

Diabloii.Net Member
4 piece bonus of Tal Rasha's Elements "Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause a Meteor of the same damage type to fall from the sky. There is an 8 second cooldown for each damage type." isn't triggered by electrify or thunderfury's lighting damage.

SabreWolfy

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
The blue town portal graphic (when in town) back to a Nephalem Rift does not show any tool-tip text (the name of the area) when mousing over the portal before clicking it to return to the Rift. Bug, not feature, I presume.

SabreWolfy

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Pandemonium Fortress: I thought I read patch notes saying that the freezing effect under the archways had been removed?

mwille

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure if this was changed before patch 2.1 or not, since it has been a long time since I played with Hell Trapper (1-h xbow). It is now capped at 2 active sentries (separate from ones you cast yourself). If a 3rd one procs, the oldest one it created disappears. The cap is unaffected by the quiver with + # of sentries as well as the Custom Engineering passive.

Last edited:

TangoTangoTango

Diabloii.Net Member
There was a bug on PTR where Greed's chest could block you from looting the dropped items - it got a blue reply saying it would be added to known issues list and resolved before live. Lots of reports of it happening now in live - and I've just had it too - see below:
Screenshot008_smaller.jpg

mwille

Diabloii.Net Member
The new rune Immolation Arrow for Elemental Arrow has a higher than usual proc rate. My guess is that it procs on both the initial hit & the DoT flames since effects happen at least twice as often as when using other skills. No matter what the cause is, I imagine it was overlooked & not intended to be as high as it is.

Armor_Biff

Diabloii.Net Member
Mantra of Salvation - Perseverance rune

I dont see any change in my resists if I enable this rune.

Hmm. Seems to have been fixed now.

Last edited:

coloringzebras

Diabloii.Net Member
when looking at your profile, you get liitle bottle cap action figures showing your characters like in D2 chat. really cute.

just received a bottomless potion of leech in hardcore, every new game i have to re identify it...

Benzedrine

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometimes the Conduit Pylon in a Greater Rift ends its effect before it is suppose to. You're still wrapped in gold lightning, but no enemies get hit.

altermaven

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometimes the Conduit Pylon in a Greater Rift ends its effect before it is suppose to. You're still wrapped in gold lightning, but no enemies get hit.
The effect is known (Only lasts 15 seconds instead of 30), however the cosmetic persistance may be a display bug.

koko

Diabloii.Net Member
Evasive fire gives a real burst of speed when backflipping: you can shoot an arrow just after the back flip whatever the attack speed and the back being of only 5 yards, it is really fast. With a slow weapon, you can double your damage output.

Pixelpojken

Diabloii.Net Member
I might imagine this but the huge meat cleavers in the end of act 1 seem to have their attack speed boosted quite much.