Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

understanding WWS

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by thehulkbus, Mar 17, 2004.

1. thehulkbus

thehulkbus IncGamers Member

understanding WWS

I plan to build a FA/Strafe zon, using a WWS. After reading a few threads, I am alittle unclear on how to build my zon using that weapon. Since I am using WWS, do I still put points into FA? Or does the Magic arrow mod with the bow take care of the PI's in the game and just pump starfe instead?

2. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

If you plan to build a FA/Strafe zon then you should definitely put points in FA and its synergy. I myself have a 20 CA,20 FA, 20 strafe, 17 valk build. I use MA only (inherent to WWS) for CI/PI monsters.

Or you could go the pure strafeazon build with just strafe and just letting the 2% to amp damage on WWS work on PIs. The problem I encountered here is that the 2% works oftenly enough but sometimes does not work when you really need it (PIs are already swarming you). If you go this route then I suggest Atma's Scarab for the extra 5% to amp damage.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The combination of 2% amp (level 5 gives good radius) on the WWS with a decent level of pierce (eg. 60% skill + 33% from razortail) will have strafe triggering it often enough in long or thick packs of monsters. If a monster is still physicall immune (if they have over 100% physical resistance before the amp such as a stoneskin specter) after the amp is on their head OR if they are simply unleechable and providing problems, switch to the level 20 magic arrow which should take care of that easily. An atma's scarab or freezing arrow should not be necessary for a strafe build with this bow, my zon doesn't have such backups and she does fine against PI's.

4. marvel.

marvel. Banned

1 base light bolt + titans = owns PI's easily.. and its amazing vs pallys, unless they absorb (normally they wont vs bow zon) and if they do there dead just ga them

5. Slipin

Slipin IncGamers Member

Omik, IIRC isnt pierce on the razortail 50% or am i wrong? i aint thinking staright it 2:30am over here lol

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

razortail is 33% pierce.

if you want to do FA just get a kuko, +3 skills, 50% pierce does the job well.

108 razortail is 50% pierce. my friend has one. fantastic item for other classes in particular