Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Understanding POISON

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Papirossa, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Papirossa

Papirossa IncGamers Member

Understanding POISON

Do someone really knows how poison works in latest Diablo LoD version?
    How different poison damage sources (charms.. jewels...) stack in time and damage?
    And how do these stack with skills such Poison Dagger o Amazon's and Druid's poison attacks?

I carefully read the better guid I found, that is Daggermancer Guide by darnocpdx (http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=582), but when I compare it with the latest "Complete Poison Damage Calculator" found on DiabloII.net downloads page I get defferent results. That calculator is based on an arcticle by Printhanox on 1.09. Is this the problem? And is "The Toa of Poison" up-to date?

HEEEEELP!!!

2. DarkTyrian

DarkTyrian IncGamers Member

I believe the way poison dmg is correctly shown in his example. However, his math is incorrect when he calculates the dmg when removing the charm. He forgot to recalculate the DF and divide by 2 items. So acctually instead of his calculated 855 total dmg without the charm, the correct math is 526.5 total dmg. It's still more than with the charm, but it hasn't double the dmg like he described. Remember when you are calculating poison that you need to separate multiple affix and suffixes to calculate the correct dmg.

As far as how skills are added to the dmg of your items: I believe he states they are added in like any other items. I skimmed through it so you might want to confirm that. What he states appears to be true though. Minus that math error.

3. Papirossa

Papirossa IncGamers Member

Actually, what that nice guide tells about poison damage is:

DURATION=(AVERAGE of all poison damage sources durations)+(POISON DAGGER skill duration)

DAMAGE PER SECOND=Sum of every ((Single source damage)divided(Single source duration)) including Poison Dagger skill

TOTAL DAMAGE=(DAMAGE PER SECOND)*(DURATION)

Considering as "Poison damage source" every charm, jewel, weapon actually equipped.

I made some test, and the method to obtain Duration is correct.
    I'm simply not sure about damage inflicted. Of course I trust the nice work darnocpdx did, but I'd like some confirmation or an explanation on how did he obtained his formula, so I can write an Excel utility to estimate Necromancer Poison Damage, as the utilities I found online are all out-dated.