Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Underrated movies, or better than expected...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jmervyn, May 10, 2015.

1. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Yes, I am fully aware that we already have multiple movie threads. Name something about a movie that you think makes it far more worthy than is commonly considered.

Just watched Lake Placid again, for the 4th? time (my wife has a Maine fixation and it's Mothers' day). Giant crocodile in Maine ala Jaws pretty much summarizes the plot. Really, I found it to be a really good movie despite the shortcomings (not even 6/10 IMDb), though the best aspect IMNSHO is the script writers... which have been panned for the one-liners I found so enjoyable. Bridget Fonda is by far the weakest of the four primary cast members.

2. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

OK, bring the hate ...

I like Vanilla Sky. It resonated with me very strongly, has a soundtrack to die for and it's one of my favourite movies.

Plus - who hasn't had everything go wrong for them in their life and been reduced to yelling, "Tech Support! Tech Support!" at the top of their lungs? Hmm?

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I liked Postman, although I wouldn't say that I liked all of it. Just more than others probably do. The scenario was rather plausible. The idea of giving hope to the people by delivering post in the name of the non-existant US was halfway OK, it wasn't the kind of patriotism I feel uncomfortable with. The part of impregnating the woman wasn't to my liking, however.

I even liked Waterworld.

4. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

We share guilty pleasures, apparently. The Postman was a better book than movie, but that's not unusual. Children of Men was a similar case.

LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.
  5. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

I cannot wait for this one to be better than I expect!

6. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Pretty sure I'd posted that previously, though maybe it was in a different thread. Personally I'd prefer a trilogy of Mark E. Rogers Samurai Cat trilogy.

LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.