Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Undead Hunters?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Epsilon Eyez, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Undead Hunters?

I've always wanted to make one, but I haven't found any guides on it. Anyone have a link to a guide or have their own guide?

2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Clerics make very good undead killers. A Cleric is a paladin that uses Holy Bolt to kill the undead and heal teammates. I've made a pure Cleric and a DemonHunter/Cleric myself. Though I haven't seen through it myself, there's a guide in the sticky in this forum, on how to make one:
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=537

3. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

An undead hunter makes a fun low level themed build.

You can shove multiple Elds in a weapon, and focus on low mana or no mana skills. (Eg Sacrifice)

And you can focus on levelling up in areas such as the sewers and the arcane sanctuary.

Unfortunately, Sanctuary blows big chunks.

The hard thing about being a cleric is that healing isn't really that big a deal, so you're not really useful in a party.

And there are large parts of the game with only a few or no undead.

Its a bit like if you were a Tesladin and somewhere between 2/3rds and 3/4s of the critters were Lightning Immune.

I'd thought Meditation+Hammers would be a good combo as support for the cleric against non undead... but you can pick up Meditation off a really cheap polearm runeword now.

4. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

My cleric is best used in the Chaos Sanct and in Baal runs. There are usually a lot of undead monsters there, and the healing does help my party members a lot. For example, if there's a barb tanking Lister and his minions, I keep casting HB on him while he's in there and he can never die.

5. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

True but I've never had trouble with Lister and his minions when I use ww on my barb because of leech.

6. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

But there are lots of weaker chars, who may find holy bolt very good instead of drinking a lot a potions and cleric can also put cleansing on instead of meditation, high lvl cleansing is quite impressive, especially in sanctuary or in some poisoning places...but thats just my view of it...

*priit