Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Undead/Demon Killer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by krisper, Sep 12, 2006.

1. krisper

krisper IncGamers Member

Undead/Demon Killer

I always like the paladin for unorthodox character builds. My friend recently built a Sanctuary paladin... I am not 100% on skills but I think he had maxed, Sanctuary (Obviously), Holy Bolt (for healing, Not Undead damaging intended), Prayer and Cleansing to for increased AoE damage on Sanctuary.

I wanted to build something similar to this just because it seemed fun. But with a few changes of course... I saw how he was struggling anywhere he was. (Mostly due to him having not that great items)

My changes would be not to Max Cleansing, the way I see it double damage to an already low damaging AoE isnt worth it (around 300 damage with +skills) That is the only real change I am going to make before I ask a few questions here.

Ok well here is the build I was thinking.

(I will only be showing what is maxed or what I will be using, Because prerequisites are already known)

Max Sanctuary
    Max Prayer
    Max Holy Shield
    1-20 Holy Bolt*
    1 Cleansing (so I dont have to waist mana with prayer, as well as the stacking ability with mercs prayer aura with Insight)
    20 Points left if I do not Max Holy Bolt**

My main attack with be smite with 1 point (using Grief)

I was also thinking 1 to Conversion, for two reasons. 1 to help with Crowd Control, 2 for anything that is not Undead or Demon I can try to convert them. Once Conversion wears off I can 1 shot them.

The rest I am not really sure in.

*Do I really need 20 points into Holy Bolt for good Healing? Would 1 point be enough with like +10 skills points (Will heal like 150-200 health)
    I was just thinking since you can cast it really fast, would you need really high healing bolts?

**Also if I do not max Holy Bolt I have 20 more points for another aura when I am fighting things other then undead. I would like some opinions on what aura I should have. If I do max Holy Bolt, would I be able to get by with just Conversion?

Here are some I was thinking.
    Fanaticism
    Holy Freeze
    Concentration
    Defiance

As for the Demon Killing aspect of this build. I was also thinking of trying to get lots of Damage to Demon items.
    Laying of Hands Gloves from the Disciple Set +350% Damage to Demons
    Grief Runeword +1-185% Damage to Demons
    Maybe even range with a Edge Bow Runeword +320-380% Damage to Demons
    although the damage of Edge is not so great comared to Grief, but for ranging I guess it would be alright when I am back healing everyone.
    Anything else I should use for more Damage to Demons?

Other gear I will be using is.
    Helm - Harlequin Crest Shako
    Amour - Fortitude, Enigma, Maybe even Principle Runeword for the 100% Chance To Cast Level 5 Holy Bolt On Striking (But it may not be good for 2 reasons. 1 Because when I attack things the holy damage will be so low it will not be good for damaging Undead. 2 If I Max Holy Bolt the lvl 5 Holy Bolts from the armour (if they reached the players) will not be as usful as healing as the spell I would have)
    Weapon - Grief Runeword
    Shield - Hoz (non Uped), Alma Negra
    Gloves - Laying of Hands
    Boots - Goreriders
    Rings - 1 Raven Frost 1 Nature's Peace
    Ammulet - Mara's Kaleidoscope, Seraph's Hymn, Metalgrid
    Belt - Arachnid Mesh, Verdungo's Hearty Cord

Also, I was just wondering if this build would be able to do the Ubers (I am not planning on it, was just wondering)

Just post your Questions or Comments about the build or gear.

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Just chuck an Azure on your zealot and you got yourself a Sanctuary pally.

3. krisper

krisper IncGamers Member

I was also thinking of using a regular build and just use Azurewrath or Lawbringer Runeword (+16-18 Sanctuary). But I had already decided to make this build is more Healing/Aura Oriented.

4. OmegaDreg

OmegaDreg IncGamers Member

if i remeber right, Chains of Honor gives you 200% demons and 100% undead. that and it has some plus skills also.