undead and physical damage ?

harpoeth

Diabloii.Net Member
undead and physical damage ?

I've seen something like "undead, every kickers nightmare..." and i think it referred to physical damage/crushing blow.

I've also noticed that i dont kill undead as fast, and thought maybe they just have more life.

From reading threads in this forum, I got the impression that there is some damage penalty versus undead.

Is there something like that ?
I couldn't get it confirmed anywhere.

thx.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, some undead (the skeletons) can't be leeched from. Sometimes people lump all undead into the "unleechable" catergory for some infuriating reason. Or maybe they are referring to resurrected monsters. In act 2 there's quite a few undead that constantly die and get back up, that could be very hard for someone who only attacks one enemy at a time.

harpoeth

Diabloii.Net Member
Aah, maybe thats the thing, unleechable. Because the places i read also put an emphasis on leeching. So thats probably the connection.

Also good to know that it only applies to skeletons. So that rules out the mummies and stuff.

Thanks.

What about lifetap, does it work on skeletons ?

SkelliPimp

Diabloii.Net Member
harpoeth said:
I've also noticed that i dont kill undead as fast, and thought maybe they just have more life.
I have noticed this also. It seems that zombies have alot more life then other undead.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Many undead can be leeched, in general those with flesh on their bones. Zombies, ghouls, bloodlords, OKs can be leeched, skeletons and ghosts can't be leeched can't. Lifetap works on skeletons, but it doesn't work on monsters which are immune tp physical hits because it only only leeches from physical attacks which deal damage.

There are two attributes, physical resistance and leech efficiency. A certain kind of frenzytaurs can't be leeched, for example, because they are PI. If you break their immunity with amp, you can leech from them. Skeletons can't be leeched from because their leech efficiency is 0. Lifetep ignores leech efficiency. Some monsters have both leech efficiency of 0 and physical immunity, like ghosts in hell mode, so you need lifetap and amp to be able to leech from them.

PI on regular monsters comes into play in hell mode while normal act 1 already has monsters with leech efficiency 0.