Unbelieveable Bnet kids

SHAOC

Banned
Hacker24 said:
This is prob the most upset i have been in a very long time of playing Diablo II. (since august). Ok, so here's my story.
I Just found a 100 spc and Windforce. My lvl 85 ladder East strafer pit runner was going to be very happy. I had been mfing with my pally, and he had several items that i wanted on my zon. I sent out a /f m msg asking for help xfering. A guy says he'll help and i tell him game name and pw. He joins, i drop my stuff. ( Raven, Dual Leech, Maras, my WF, a 235 spcs, 100 spc, ss, shako, andy visage, uped shaft, gore riders etc.) I leave and come back with diff acct. My friend says that Killerz_2 came in and is holding my stuff for me. He is obviously some beginner because he tells me to lvl him to 24 in cow runs if i want my stuff back. I tell him that a lvl 6 is gonna get any xp that way. He gets mad and signs off. So, i lose almost all of my decent ladder items. I am amazed that people on Bnet can be so cruel. I mean, he was somehow on my f list ( prob from some trade) and he takes my stuff that i had worked for weeks to get. I am so angry right now that I am thinking about quitting. I mean I love the game, but if I am going to get treated like this by 12 yr olds, then its not for me.
Dude you win the Darwin award. The kid did nothing different then what was going on from D2 day one. If you haven't wised up or "learned" then it's your own fault. The kid earned that equipment...scamming pays a lot less then MFing. It takes tooo long to find a sucker...meph on the other hand is always in a set place.

On the bright side count up the piddles you saved this kid....lol.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's some general guidelines when muling/transferring items:

1. Trust no one unless you know where the person lives (and actually lives there) and you can actually get to him if the need arises (it doesn't make sense to trust somebody even if you know your friend's address in Canada if you live in the US...)

2. NEVER drop anything that you will regret immensely if you lose (in this case the Windforce) if there's anybody else in the game.

3. If you don't have two computers and are doing a solo transfer, make sure the game is password protected (the game name and password written down) and the game is open for at least 7-10 minutes to make sure it stays open when you leave.

4. If you have two computers that can get online, get another copy of Diablo 2. This is the best way to transfer. No accidental closures. Even then don't drop items anyway, do a trade-to-trade with your two characters. This way, NOTHING will ever get lost.

5. Be very selective of who you add in your "f list" don't just add somebody you played with in a hell baal run or something of that nature. It always pay to be safe, than be sorry.

There are some exceptions to the rules. There are some people in bnet who are just honest and trustworthy and you can give them anything and they will not steal them. But they are very hard to find.

I have some of the stuff you lost. If you play on USEast Ladder Softcore I can give you items to get you going again. Let me know if you are intersted.

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
See I donno .. had it been me in the game with you and you had dropped thoes items .. I would not have taken them from you. I would never take someone else's items.. if you play useast non-ladder pm me here and we can meet, I'll set you up with some decent stuff.

edit
Sorry .. I just noticed you're not non-ladder, I'm not very rich on the ladder, but I do have a couple of things that I could give you, I don't play ladder very much anymore, so I woulden't mind parting with them, msg me if you're interested..

Elu Thingol

Diabloii.Net Member
my condolences to you and your lost items....esp the WF..but like some of the other folks here said you have to be careful when muling...I mule a lot for my friends on bnet. If a friend asks me to help mule i create a private pw'd game and only msg the person muling the items the games pw...i also hold the items for the people just in case someone does come in(that has happened don't know how but it has happened) Other reason i hold the items is just in case bnet does decide to interrupt connection..that has also happened and we both lost good gear laying on the ground because we got the infamous message when we tried to log back on "server down" LOL...well good luck in your future muling may it be better than the last try .....

äger

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember a time when I was gonna mule some. I enter a game where my friend is messing around with an another person. I ask him if it's safe to mule and I interpret him as a 'yes'.
So I drop items; Harle, GA, Shaft and alike. Nothing to much. Swoosh! The unknown person jumps in and manage to get the Harle, before my friend comes and save the rest of the items.
It was my bad really. I wasn't careful enough.
My friend is trustworthy though. And I havn't met him IRL or know his true name. :)

Hacker24

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't know how well you guys understand my situation. Ok, so ill explain it again. I /f m to xfer my stuff. My good friend that i know personally agrees, so he /f m me with a game. I drop my stuff with him in the pwed game, and then i leave. I come back, and my friend and someone that i don't know are in the game. The kid i don't know picks all of my stuff up. I guess one of us had him on our f lists. I didnt just throw my items on the ground lol.

The scammer was on my friends f list. So, he gave me most of my stuff back, plus an ohm for the psychological damage haha.

Atomium

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, we understood quite well...

I /f m to xfer my stuff. My good friend that i know personally agrees, so he /f m me with a game.
You've been naive. Why /f m a game/password? Don't you guys know /w ?

I didnt just throw my items on the ground lol.
After having /f m your game/password, it was exactly the same thing as throwing your items on the ground in the middle of a "O free itemz" game. LOL

The scammer was on my friends f list. So, he gave me most of my stuff back, plus an ohm for the psychological damage haha
Are you sure you don't make this up to look less stupid? If this is true, he is no scammer, and what the heck is this thread about? :scratch:

Xenon[XoA]

Banned
Atomium said:
You've been naive. Why /f m a game/password? Don't you guys know /w ?

After having /f m your game/password, it was exactly the same thing as throwing your items on the ground in the middle of a "O free itemz" game. LOL

You must not have very good friends then.