Unbelieveable Bnet kids

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
Hacker24 said:
When i dropped all of my stuff, my best friend was in the game. I was dropping for him to hold. He goes to school with me, I'm not an idiot haha.
So what's the problem? Just go to his house and sock him in the face.

jblakely

Diabloii.Net Member
Hacker24 said:
When i dropped all of my stuff, my best friend was in the game. I was dropping for him to hold. He goes to school with me, I'm not an idiot haha.
I just have to ask.........why did your best freind let some stranger pick all that up?????

I mean if I am helping someone mule and someone else pops in I grab high end items off the ground until I know who the person is. It sounds like your freind just stood there and watched a stranger sort through your items and take what he wanted. Did you piss this guy off lately at school? Ask the girl he like out or something....? Anyway, I would suggest the two of you discuss muling precedure a bit. Another thing, dont advertise a transfer game with /f m. If your best freind was on whisper to him and him alone. Even if you trust everyone on your list, do you really need 8 peeps in the game helping you.

Sorry for your loss, like others have said use 2 copies of d2 if you want to be safe or only mule with freinds you know and trust. I have many freinds in the game I would trust with any item I have and I have never met a one of them. But that trust was earned over time and I play with these friends regularly.

robin2010 said:
sum how i trust diabloii.net ppl, i know 95% of them r good hearted ppl and realize it is just a game. But evenually i will be mistakened when i get jacked by a forum guy
Where I would agree that the vast majority are good hearted I would not drop a WF in front of them and expect them to leave it laying there. As you say they realize that this is just a game. If they do not know you, or play with you, why should they not get rich quick. They dont see it a stealing, after all, its just an item in a game, you dont own it, they are not taking anyting physical away from you. IMO the vast majority of players in the game would pick up the WF and leave. I hope im wrong, and I agree only a small % goes out of their way to scam and cheat people, but people are weak, and in this game they are also often very young, and a WF is quite a bit of wealth to tempt them with.

Jack :drink:

shidenx

Diabloii.Net Member
Today my friend was scammed by the help me mule scam trick.

He had a gul rune which was enough for tal armour and he decided to trade for one. The scammer offered tal armour and tal ammy, but claimed he had to hold something of my fren to mule and will return to him the item after the muling and to trade him the tal armour and ammy.

My friend called me into the game asking me to stay in it. Then the scammer asked if he could hold some items of mine which i immediatly declined. He said i should have items of value to give him or he's going to leave the game and take my friends items.

I said "I'm wearing a cracked cap and quilted armour". Then pointed out i was wearing shako and enigma (quite easy to spot though). I whispered to my friend that he's been scammed and he's not going to return the items and left the game.

He was scammed of a gul rune, hell rack, a +2 unique eldtrich orb (i gave him that a while ago). Lesson learnt for my friend.

Brenden Azevedo

Diabloii.Net Member
You know, I totally feel for you. That is how I lost my first Windy, a "friend" permanently borrowed it. The Ironic thing is, his account got hacked.

There is an old saying of:

"Don't get mad, get even", and I think that perfectly fits your case. Just move on, and keep on trucking.

Although one can be indeed quite pissed about losing stuff, I find it even more upsetting that there are supposedly 12 year old college professors from Yale who chat from time to time on battle.net.

Sir SDG

Banned
here is one for you.........

everyone is aware of the anni scammers right?

Well Ive been on the lookout for an anni charm since coming back to the game. I enter a room " anni for trade" and ask around who would be willing to place thier trust in me to hold both items " my famine leg mallet and this guys anni" to insure I dont get scammed ( Im figureing 90% of those who advertize anni for trade have scammed a few) finally a guy comes in and tells me he has been a long time member of this board and tells me I should trade here for it. I inform him that since Ive got yahoo mail I cant trade here anymore so he goes on to tell me how I should trust him blah blah because he trades here all the time.
I whisper him to a private game 2 limit. ( just to cover the possibility of his pal coming in and swiping)
I figure what the heck . he can make a run for it or use his necro to golum my famine.

so I drop.

and he toasts my famine into a golum..

and then goes on to tell me how I shouldnt try and scam diabloii.net guys because they get even with scammers like me .. (READ HE HAD THE ANNI, )

lesson.........

TRUST NO ONE even those who use this site in vain.

Wolfwind

Diabloii.Net Member
Errr...

Why does no-one solo transfer anymore? I mean all you need is a passworded game, and hang around killing for 6-7 minutes, drop the stuff, and come back?

Crappy connections obviously, but connections can't be that shite?

Glacial Trail

Diabloii.Net Member
It also isn't a bad idea to record the name and reason every time you add someone to your list (helps to remember who is who when the list starts to fill up). There's a difference between an acquaintance from a trade, and a trustworthy friend.

ColorWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolfwind said:
Why does no-one solo transfer anymore? I mean all you need is a passworded game, and hang around killing for 6-7 minutes, drop the stuff, and come back?

Crappy connections obviously, but connections can't be that shite?
I was about to ask the same question. Out of the 2+ years i played i only lost item once through muling, during that dupe outbreak, and i only lost a few p-gems.

ÃÃ¥vÓ§

Diabloii.Net Member
Damn, i feel for you guys in one way, because it isn't fair that you should lose your items that way (dying in HC to a MSLEFE is a fair way ;) ). But, as the say, you've lived what you've learnt - if you haven't already caught on to the fact that B.net is not a trustworthy place, then you deserve the kick in the teeth to wake you up.

Lesson1 - Trust should be earnt, not granted
Lesson2 - Don't drop things >.<

After quitting B.net, i only trade using good old ATMA + E-mails. SP is ownage really :D

--=={Bob}==--

Diabloii.Net Member
Well,

I'm having problems with Bnet for the last 3 years since kids are flocking in from everywhere and everyday I notice them ruin allmost every game, here's why :
They think they are good, cuz they were lucky and found a elite weapon, or they have an enigma or sumthin.
And if they have any of these, they also think they know the game, which they actually don't, so they tend to screw up any game, since they have the lack of teamwork and gaming tactics (see it most often in baalruns)

Tho lucky for me I only have very good friends on my flist and mayb sometimes someone of this forum for trading ;)

It is a real pain losing items, especially to someone in ur flist, but It takes a very long time see if someone is trustworthy, so it should be your job to see and test how honest and nice that person is.

And for anyone who needs to mule and has nobody to mule with ... and if I'm ever on, I'll be happy to help, I really can say I'm the most thrustwothy person on whole Bnet, probably cuz I'm allready on Bnet for 9 years (started with sc, when diablo came out started that :p), I'm a too nice guy, helps with gaming, not good for irl tho :/

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==-- <-- acc name

Captain_Fury

Diabloii.Net Member
This thread is kinda old, but it reminds me so much of myself I had to post this. I lost a Grandfather (found it myself too after countless of pindle runs) on the same day I found it too, to a bnet "friend". I've known this guy for a few months, we rushed eachother, transfered things, nothing too big. After I found it, I /f msg my whole list about my finding, then this guy's like "can i see it? I want to see how much damage my merc does with it". Me being stupid let him see it, and i never saw it again. Since then I never trust anyone, and I'm always careful with all the other bnet friends I made.

Another story: after making a small trade, I traded away an Atlantean, the guy asked if he can transfer it. I said sure. he drops it, I let him transfer. Sure it was just an atlantean, nothing huge, why would I steal it? Next he asked if I can hold some other stuff for him to transfer. I said sure. Without thinking, he gives me his gaze, stormshield, windforce, and some other really godly stuff. Well I could have just left him right there. After giving the stuff back, I asked him "Why did you trust me with all that stuff?", he replies "because you didn't take it from me the first time." With that he left. I kinda wonder about this story a lot.

Gadzukes

Diabloii.Net Member
shidenx said:
Don't think its possible on 1 pc as your ip will be the same. Bnet will boot either connection even with different cd keys for each running game. =)
No offense, Shidenx, but RTFM. Starting a game, waiting 5 minuites for it to "save", and then exiting to come back with a different character not only works, but it is even suggested by Blizzard as the safest way to transfer items (assuming you can make it back in-game within a reasonable amount of time).

I've been doing it for years, and I've only ever lost items once, when my connection went down. One loss out of thousands of successes using the 5-minute method vs. likely losing 90% of items by trusting others is pretty good math.

As for what you said about different CD keys, I can positively refute that as well. About 2 months ago, I finally bought a second copy of the game. I discovered that not only can 2 machines sharing a single IP be on bnet at the same time, they can even be logged in on the same account, even as the same character. It appears that as long as only one version of a character is in a game at any given time, bnet will allow infinite copies of that same character to be in the chat channels.

I've discovered that this makes finding people to trade/play with a whole lot faster. You can keep one version of yourself in a game while you "advertise" the chat channels with another. It starts to make you feel like you have MPD after a while, but it works perfectly.

It seems bnet could care less about IP addresses. All it cares about is if your CD key is valid.

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
Gadzukes said:
No offense, Shidenx, but RTFM. Starting a game, waiting 5 minuites for it to "save", and then exiting to come back with a different character not only works, but it is even suggested by Blizzard as the safest way to transfer items (assuming you can make it back in-game within a reasonable amount of time).

I've been doing it for years, and I've only ever lost items once, when my connection went down. One loss out of thousands of successes using the 5-minute method vs. likely losing 90% of items by trusting others is pretty good math.

As for what you said about different CD keys, I can positively refute that as well. About 2 months ago, I finally bought a second copy of the game. I discovered that not only can 2 machines sharing a single IP be on bnet at the same time, they can even be logged in on the same account, even as the same character. It appears that as long as only one version of a character is in a game at any given time, bnet will allow infinite copies of that same character to be in the chat channels.

I've discovered that this makes finding people to trade/play with a whole lot faster. You can keep one version of yourself in a game while you "advertise" the chat channels with another. It starts to make you feel like you have MPD after a while, but it works perfectly.

It seems bnet could care less about IP addresses. All it cares about is if your CD key is valid.
I can second that, I have 2 machines, 2 copies of the game and I log them on together all the time. and now that I think about it a little, it would be really, really stupid of blizzard to block based on IP address, ever heard of a proxy server? I'm sure at any given time there are hundreds of people on bnet that are passing through their isp's proxy/gateway. Anyway, yes it works .. you just can't join games with the same character at the same time on both machines, for obvious reasons.. man the dupeing that could be done like that. :)

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
Yeah, that's not a very long time of playing D2. You always gotta be careful with that friends list. Lesson learned.

i agree, i can't even remember how long i've been playing.. so since august isn't all that long ;)

the only person i ever trusted to xfer with were my boyfriend, and a few select friends that i knew on bnet for years before trusting them, and even then, i would only xfer very valuble things such as a windforce with my bf

Starkey

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd rather lose one or two items to bnet then some greedy little **** ive also muled by myself for ages, now and again friends will come in and idle ive never lost a thing its good to have "Good friends" im lucky i dont have rl friends who play this anicent game anymore im the only idiot who does still hehe

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't had bad experiences with any items i've muled, but i've know plenty of people that have. I was reading thru this post, and decided to try installing a second copy on my comp, but ran into a problem. It's prolly a stupid question, but bear with me. If you open up the cd files, or any of the install files, all it offers is to upgrade the installation. I can't figure out how to go about installing a second version because I am not given a plain old install option. Do I need to do something special? If so, what? Thanks for helping, if you can.

~Bails

(Just a side note: I am looking into this because I have an unreliable connection some times, and would like the added security of knowing that the item/items won't be eated by b-net.)

London

Diabloii.Net Member
shidenx said:
Felt sorry for ur items lost. Maybe next time u should get people u really trust to xfer stuff for u. Trust no one. If you had another pc and copy of diablo2 like me, xfering your own stuff will surely be the best.
Exactly. I ONLY transfer items with my brother, and ONLY him.

KaNdeeKiD

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry for ur lost items, it happens tho + its only a game. Why do u say it about kids tho? Yes its most likely its a kid.... trying to be tough or something along that line... but its not only kids... i've met alot of adults on d2 who do the same thing... I'd rather if u said people instead of kids... but its ur forum so u name it wat u want.

MatMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Dude, I don't want to sound heartless, but that's like dropping a carton of smokes on the cafeteria floor of a maximum security prison and expecting it to still be there when you get back from your one hour of free time in the yard...

Smokes : Prison :: ITAMZ : b.net

...and all the same rules apply.

a3d

Diabloii.Net Member
MatMan said:
Dude, I don't want to sound heartless, but that's like dropping a carton of smokes on the cafeteria floor of a maximum security prison and expecting it to still be there when you get back from your one hour of free time in the yard...

Smokes : Prison :: ITAMZ : b.net

...and all the same rules apply.
I have to agree.
I consider myself a good person but....
If you dropped that stuff in my game I'd pick it up and wait for you to return so I could laugh at you.
Matter of fact, I'm not a good person.

By the way, put me on your friends list, I'll help you transfer.

Account Name: A3D
:lol: :howdy: :lol: