Unable to Verify Application Version

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Unable to Verify Application Version

This just happened to me in between account changes. I'm talking about entering with two different characters on one account after a fresh reboot, then jumping out to log-in and being unable to even type a password in any realm. I've already restarted Diablo II: LOD multiple times and the same thing happens. I will not reboot until I'm damn good and ready, especially for yet another major Blizzard malfunction, but I'd like to know if there is a reason this has occurred and if it is to many other people of late.

Oh, and before you respond, be aware that if you say 're-install' I will reach through the screen and strangle you into unconciousness. No program can have this kind of problem in between account switching when it was just fine two seconds before. I want a reason it's happening before being given ridiculous advice.

Gorny

Banned
Re: Unable to Verify Application Version

What method are you using to do the account switching?

If you are using any third party aplications like the modified .dll file that's out there onthe internet, you might have downloaded a corrupt version or some such...

You may have to uninstall>virus scan>run Lavasoft's Adware>Spybot SD>Defrag>pray to Dredd>do a sacrifice>reinstall>pray again.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I agree with Gorny.

Personally I would do a complete uninstall.

Defrag.

Use AVG free, spybot search and destroy and adaware.

Run Ccleaner. Make sure you get rid of all existing cookies.

Reinstall clean.

Try that. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to suggest.

Uncle_Mike

D2 PvP Moderator

Perhaps there is something corrupt with some of the game files/logs? Or an old windows OS installation causing problems?

I would probably try to re-install the game and see if that solves it.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer

REboot, REinstall, REwind. Just to be sure you might want to REview the TOS and eula as well.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator

Reboot. Try again. If the problem is still there:

Uninstall. Reboot. Reinstall. If the problem still persists, then we've got a problem. :smiley:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Try installing the 1.11 patch manually, i.e. by downloading it by hand and then installing it.

Also, try HijackThis and send the report to one of the websites which offer an automatic scan.

Did you uninstall before reinstalling ? If notm try that. Also, get the registry cleaned from Diablo stuffafter uninstalling and before reinstalling. The Blizzard page. The Blizzard homepage explains how to do it IIRC.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, it would be a good idea to just reinstall completely and the problem should be solved.
In other words, an full re-installation would be your best bet.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

This just happened to me in between account changes. I'm talking about entering with two different characters on one account after a fresh reboot, then jumping out to log-in and being unable to even type a password in any realm. I've already restarted Diablo II: LOD multiple times and the same thing happens. I will not reboot until I'm damn good and ready, especially for yet another major Blizzard malfunction, but I'd like to know if there is a reason this has occurred and if it is to many other people of late.

Oh, and before you respond, be aware that if you say 're-install' I will reach through the screen and strangle you into unconciousness. No program can have this kind of problem in between account switching when it was just fine two seconds before. I want a reason it's happening before being given ridiculous advice.
This could be caused by any number of things. As is the way of windows, reinstalling will probably fix it. Also, if you have any mods that you use for single player, you need to make sure you aren't using them when you try to long onto bnet.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

If nothing of the already suggested has helped you'll sadly have to bite the bitter apple and format the whole drive and then re-install everything.

Really, no software problem I've come across has survived that method.

SSNLDO

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think I could add anything to what's been said above. However, you could buy a completely new computer, verify the settings, then install D2. At least that way it wouldn't be a reinstall.

keppie

Diabloii.Net Member

Since i'm unconscious already from the holidays, i definitely recommend a reinstall

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member

/concur with all above

Only thing is really to reinstall.

Varyafirion

Diabloii.Net Member

UGH, these guys are WAY off! All you need to do is insert your Windows CD, reboot and start from the cd, choose install windows, delete the current partition, and reinstall windows. :thumbup:

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member

Delete system32.

Wait, no. Not that. What I meant was post your OS, and system specs,