Unable to host/join own game in TCP/IP

nadus

Diabloii.Net Member
So my problem is when i host a game in the loading screen it gets stuck at the end and then goes unable to join game. So i cant host a game. I have got my firewall off. Ports forwarded both 6112 and 4000 to see if that helped but still unable to join my own local area game. Also have hosted a game on my laptop with the same game i copied from my computer and it can host without a problem. My computer can also join the laptops game without a problem. This problem only started yesterday about 5 days before this i was able to host games and play with others without a problem. Also this computer can host on battle net without a problem just not local area.

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a setting was changed on either your computer or the router which is blocking your connection. Did you modify or update the game at all?

On the router config, check "MAC Filtering" to see if any restrictions apply to your specific device. I would also reset the router. Did you turn off the firewall for your computer or the gateway?

nadus

Diabloii.Net Member
Haven't modify anything for diablo. windows firewall is off cause last time had problems with this kind of thing that was it. Have restarted the route but did not help. For the Mac filtering my ip is allowed. have also tryed changing ip on computer to see if that work and it didn't

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
People outside of your local network have to provide the IP address of your router that is directly connected to your ISP. To find that out, check the router for something like "WAN address". Alternatively, search for something like "find own iip address" in a web browser and you will find plenty of websites that will show that IP address.

From the outside, you could (Windows) press Windows-R, enter "cmd", press return and enter "tracert -d (your IP address)" (without quotes) and see where you get stuck. Also try "telnet (your IP) 6112". If the DOS window gets blank, you are connected. If it stalls or an error mssage is shown, you obviously aren't.