Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unable to connect to battle.net. Temp ban removal ideas? i

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Amendir, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Amendir

Amendir IncGamers Member

Unable to connect to battle.net. Temp ban removal ideas?

Hi,

I think I some time ago read something about a way to bypass this temp ban.
    We all know there are two kind of temp bans:

Too many joins/creates = temp ban from realm

Too fast char shifts = temp ban from b.net.

Now... Are there any way to bypass this?
    I mean, this is the fifth time I have lost stuff while muling, or it has disrupted a trade I was completing. And it's getting on my nerves!
    Does anyone have any tricks regarding to never be temp banned again, or bypassing it?

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

1) All temp bans are essentially the same, they're from performing too many battle.net actions of certain types in too short a time.
    2) Temp bans are IP based, if you can change your IP, you're no longer temp banned.

If you want to avoid temp banning, try to make sure that each battle.net action you try to do (e.g. exit game, exit to char screen, enter chat, look at join list, join game, create game, switch between chat rooms) has been completed before you do another one.

3. Amendir

Amendir IncGamers Member

So basically I'm just too fast?
    If I just waited what... 3-4 secs between each action (especially char shifts) that would be enough?

4. BlackWinterDay

BlackWinterDay IncGamers Member

I've gone SP and I'm pretty sure I'll never be temp banned again :)

5. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

another way to ''by pass'' would be to use another internet connection. like asking ur friend to logon to ur account and do the xfering..

or if u are using wireless, juz simply connect to other neighbouring wireless connections.

6. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

You can also somewhat bypass a temp ban by using two CD keys; while you're in one game with the other, and the other one get's kicked, you'll still be able to play with the first one as long as you don't leave the game before the temp ban would have been lifted.

7. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

i use a router reset, or use the CMD to reset my IP, but i have to be more carefully bc afterwards im more likely to get a ban,

8. HobbesAC

HobbesAC IncGamers Member

hmm i have a stupid question for you guys. how come some of you who got tired of the realms started playing sp instead of switch to a whole new game like WoW? i mean WoW is so much better and fun than this almost 10 years old game plus Blizzard cares soooooo much more about WoW and tries extremely hard to keep it clean from cheaters AND i am sure the average age of the players on WoW is probably much higher than those on D2 now which is perfect for those who hate rude and whiny kids. well my excuse is that i have a gf now and a job so i dont want to lose both of these by start playing a very addictive game xD

9. BlackWinterDay

BlackWinterDay IncGamers Member

Not to derail the thread but... I've played WoW on and off for 2 years. Just cancelled my account for the second time, hopefully for good. MMO's just aren't my thing.

I love D2 because with enough time and hard work I can accomplish pretty much anything I want. I can come and go as I please; the game will always be waiting for me.

In WoW, as far as endgame is concerned, all the time and hard work in the world don't mean anything if you're not in the right guild and don't have the right social connections.

I found it to be very cliquey.

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

It is fun for you and for many others I'm sure, but "fun" is a subjective quality. Also, some peeps don't have the hardware or a quality internet connection for WoW. Others don't want to pay the subscription fee. I am sure there are many other practical and personal reasons.

Concerning D2 and why I play SP - I simply still enjoy playing the game, plus the single player environment suits my disposition. I can mule to my heart's content (ATMA), trade items via email, and avoid the cheaters, rude players, dupes and laggy Battle.Net service.

11. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

just live with it. you have had it comeing if you do those things :prop:

tips to avoid it? dont mf only an single boss, do 2 or something like that. muleing? dont swap chars too fast.. make some moves and then read post from the forums :thumbsup:

12. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

Like what I'm doing right now.. forced to troll the forums since I just got temp ban for switching mules.. lolz.

13. OsTo

OsTo IncGamers Member

ip change dont work for me temp ban is on accoun not ip..

but there are two kinds of "cant logg"
    1. if u get to logon screen then its temp ban on account

2. few times happens to me that it writes something about port and stuff.. u wount see log on screen here ip change helps (reset your router)

14. macic

macic IncGamers Member

Re: Unable to connect to battle.net. Temp ban removal ideas?

If you get that message, just turn it off, and dont do anything for some time, just go surf the net, or perhaps chat on msn, maybe check ur mail or test stuff on sp :smug:
    When you come back, it should be gone :)
    P.S. The more you try, the longer it is... Just like the "greek fire".

Me --> :crazyeyes:

15. LeaTelamon

LeaTelamon IncGamers Member

Well, I've been playing WoW on and off as well for over 3 years now, but I have drastically reduced my playing time over those years. Why? Because WoW is too damn time-consuming for my tastes right now. I am in a casual endgame raiding guild and I raid about 1-2 times a week, and I can't really stuff more than that. Grinding materials I need to keep up my raiding is enough. Before I could play 8+ hours straight, but it still gets very frustrating because as one person said, you cannot "finish" the game with the right connections. As a person who likes improving myself by killing stuff and acquiring good gear, other types of playstyles in WoW isn't for me, such as questing or PvPing. Raiding requires a lot of planning from my part, it is a hobby, but it is a time-consuming hobby, and I am doubting if I got the committment for that right now. With Diablo I can login whenever I want and still be competitive for less time effort spent in game than I can in WoW.

I can login in Diablo for an hour and within that time I have as good chance finding the best items in game like any other person; in WoW that's not the case. Oh, how I'd love to have a rusted proto drake, oh how I'd love to have that smexy fist weapon from the tribune chest for my enhancement shaman, but it's too damn variable. I am the only active enhancement shaman in the guild so very unlikely someone will roll against me, as most of the rogues are muti so they go with daggers, but just reaching to the tribune chest is a damn pain in the ***. I did heroic TotC now earlier this week and we had issues on Anub, given, it was late in the evening so we all did some pretty stupid mistakes there, but it will take a lot of time and effort to manage TotC heroic within 5 tries.

Additionally, the community in WoW is not per definition more mature than in Diablo 2. I'd say they are about the same, and it depends where you are looking. I've met some damn nice people over b.net, but I've also met some really rude assholes, like the latest guy who called me noob for taking more than 5 minutes rushing a guy through nightmare (it was not the rushee btw, but another jerk). And over the years I've played WoW? Wow, (sorry for the pun), I can't even start thinking of how many jerks I've met, but they are certainly in a three-digit number. And I say that as a person who play on RP realms where people per definition are usually more mature. Yes, I know from experience, after starting out playing on a PvP server.

And as for Blizzard caring more about WoW, no, they don't :/ They are about to ditch WoW, as shown now when they transferred the old team and replaced it with newbies. Blizzard care more about their upcoming projects right now than WoW, because WoW too, is getting old. Heck, it was the 5th anniversary today and I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for that cute little Onyxia pet that was waiting in my mailbox.

16. Abismos

Abismos IncGamers Member

For some reason my restricted connection has kicked in every night for the past day or two :(. It's quite annoying. I was hoping to hit 90 tonight to >_<.
    It's been 3-4 hours and I haven't logged in until 3 minutes ago, still can't for unknown reasons o_O. :xxx:

17. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

WoW is tooooo slooooowww for my taste D: I need real time battle like Diablo has otherwise I'm bored like heck. I might pay the subscription to play for a little while longer but... well, I don't think I will :) Diablo was planned very well 10 years ago. The plan works today, although some of the additions and changes that Blizzard made kind of transformed it to be more cheesy and easier than it should be D:

18. Kurumi

Kurumi IncGamers Member

Every time I logout, I wait 20 seconds before I log back in with another character. And even that fails from time to time.

19. Gorny

Gorny Banned

You must be living under a rock or something. There are atleast two more expansions after Cataclysm planned.