Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Um.. what is a "Pit Run"?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Scint, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Scint

Scint IncGamers Member

Um.. what is a "Pit Run"?

Hi, I am not new to D2, played a lot before 1.10, and I just started 1.10 last week. I decided to browse these forums again, and I've seen some "Pit Run" threads for item hunting... What is this pit? Previously I only knew about Meph/Pindleskin/Baal/Cow item hunting runs.

2. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

It wouldve been explained, but the sticky that used to be at the top here has been moved.

The pit is the new huntings grounds for elite tiems. As the tc level is the highest in the game. there are other various places which also share the same level.

it is in the tamoe highland. Lots of immunities.

Good thing i got here first or u woulda got flamed for not searching :p

3. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

The pit is the cave in the tomae highlands before you get to the monastary. take the outer cloister wp and back track and you should find it. In hell diff. it is one of the places in the game that any item can be dropped.

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

A little search could have made this easier on all of us. Obviously you are new to the forums, so i'll let you in on a secret. The search button located in the bar under the expanding forum tree (visible from top of screen) searches all previous posts for terms you specify. Ingenious, no? There is the 3-letter minimum as a search term, but people adapt to this. Search "pits guide" or something like that.

Look here for the guide, which was previously located at the top of this forum, but later moved and archived in the strategy compendium.

5. Scint

Scint IncGamers Member

Searching for a search

Ah... interesting... I came to this forum via diabloii.net, and the background was red, and that menu bar only had 3 options, none search. Then I register and login, and the page changes to a blue background and there are more options, including a search. I had looked for a search when the page was red, didn't find any, read through a couple Pit Run threads but they didn't say where the pit was. So I posted. Now I see that I actually have to login to search.