Um well hello; guess I'm a bit late to the party

Basicbhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Greetings

So just finished unpacking random box following some house renovations and came across my D2 manuals. No disc but code on the leaflet thing.

Used to play a lot of realm Europe way back when and was wondering if I could get this to work on newer pc. Managed to get my codes recgonsied on blizzard site so have the download but is it worth it?

Can't imagine much online play still happens but single player would work for me. Was such an awesome game in its day.

Anyway thanks in advance for any advice

BB

Jonesy_Pantz

Diabloii.Net Member
definitely worth it, i found my old codes as well, i actually found 3 codes :) started back up and absolutely loving it! posting here with your character plans and updates whilst getting feedback from the community is great!

Basicbhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
So I installed it last night and it worked with no (apparent) issues and I managed to get my new skelliemancer to blood raven.

Man I forgot how much fun this game is! Found the /p command; it certainly helps with levelling. Just need to figure out how to configure keys for spell switching as playing on laptop needs two keys for F keys

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
So I installed it last night and it worked with no (apparent) issues and I managed to get my new skelliemancer to blood raven.

Man I forgot how much fun this game is! Found the /p command; it certainly helps with levelling. Just need to figure out how to configure keys for spell switching as playing on laptop needs two keys for F keys
I use WERF keys alot :)

Basicbhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ha sorted, many thanks. Was getting infuriating mad with self as each time went to switch cast would forget fn key and go to desktop!!!!

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome. For me, I always found that Bnet, despite the "community" feel, had far too many drawbacks - not least of which was lack of proper muling options. Definitely look into GoMule; that plus the great community here makes single player about 100x better in my opinion.

srrw

Diabloii.Net Member
The few times I've tried bnet official servers it had everything but community feel :D Honestly the most fun I've had is on local private servers back in the day. Usually there was a certain app that revealed the map that was permitted for use but that was it. No botters, no dupers, no nothing. Just pure online gaming. Sadly they've all died over the years.

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
@srrw, local private servers definitely sound far better than Bnet. I was using the word "community" in a very sarcastic sense. Nothing but spam, begging, and crap-talking from what I remember. But maybe I'm just getting older and grumpier in my perspective :p.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
This forum is the best gaming community I have ever attended. It really changed my perception on single player games

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
You guys are slipping! I got his wallet and gave him the first big ol’ purple bruise on his shins. The only way I’ll give @Basicbhoy ’s wallet back is if he performs a sacrifice to the RNG gods that enables me to find a Death’s Fathom.

Welcome and have fun discovering D2 all over again. It’s such a wonderful game and this site is awesome. Join a tournament or two, and since you are starting over the untwinked 99er tournament may be fun, if you like a grind fest.