Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ultimate tesladin?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Garoke, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Garoke

Garoke IncGamers Member

Ultimate tesladin?

Equipment:
    Griffons eye, unique tiara, socketed with ligtning facet.
    Crescent moon phase blade
    Guardian angel, socketed with ligtning facet.
    HoZ, socketed with p diamond.
    Highlords wrath
    20% ias gloves with 10% crushing blow
    Verdungos
    Gore riders
    Raven frost
    Bul khatos

Charms:
    7 +offensive aura skillers

The rest small vita charms with 15-20 life and maybe soem max dmg charms.

This gives +6 pala skills, +8 combat skills, + 13 offensive auras.

Skills:
    20(28) zeal
    20(33) Holy shock
    20 resist lightning
    20 salvation
    Rest into holyshield.

lvl 33 holyshock with full synergies adds lightning damage 1-8139 to your attack, with griffons eye and 2 lightning facets this damage will be 1-10174. This together with -65% lighning resistances.

Are there any ways to improve this build?

2. Watzit2ya

Watzit2ya IncGamers Member

Keep a mara's, or a good +2 pally ammy on switch for when your not fighting light immunes. Maby drop the 20 in zeal, with Crescent moon you dont need the AR bonus, and the damage on a CM Phase blade is about 90-110 so the +% damage is almost un noticable. Then spend the points elsewhere. Boost up holy shield. Great build though. I really enjoy my tesladin, hes almost the exact same setup.

3. Garoke

Garoke IncGamers Member

Don't i need the ias on highlords to get 4 fpa zeal?

4. VoodooCamel

VoodooCamel IncGamers Member

Im thinking that light facet + damage only applies to aura...

5. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Err... You need 75% IAS for 4fpa.
    If I've counted right, you got 60%IAS. (20 CM, 20 Gloves and 20 Highlords)
    You'd need 15% more IAS. You can sacrifice 1 lightning facet to get 4fpa adding a 15% IAS jewel in your armor/helm. Just a thought.

6. Garoke

Garoke IncGamers Member

Well the aura itself deals 1-2k i think, so its pretty good and could use a small bump :)

7. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Is this PvM? your resists are gonna be crap... Think you need to take care of that, one bunch of ranged elemental attackers, and you'll never even be able to get close before your're fried.

8. Garoke

Garoke IncGamers Member

I'll have atleast 20+ everything thx to annihilus(forgot to mention it in my first post), small charms and anya quests. Oh and the 69 res all from p dia HoZ.

9. slam

slam IncGamers Member

since sacrafice adds more damage to zeal than points in zeal itself, wouldn't it make more sense to max sacrafice? the only reason you would max zeal instead would be for the AR but personally, i'd look to make that up in other ways and maximize the damage out put from my skills

i believe it is possible though, if you want to get to a high enough character level, to do something like this:

20 holy shock
    20 resist lightning
    20 salvation
    20 zeal
    20 sacrafice
    5 holy shield
    rest prereqs

that might take you all the way to 99 actually but it's always good to plan for it.

10. death_toll

death_toll IncGamers Member

k, looks good... a few suggestions however...

Tesladin is a mainly PvM build that can do well questing, and my personal favorite, cowing. One helm that i found to be incredibly (*understatement) useful was the Delirium runeword (my tesladin was non-ladder btw). Confuse goes off like crazy and is awesome for crowd control. Another issue brought up is the lack of physical damage. If you use Crescent Moon phase blade your damage will be relatively low. (Most i have seen have around 100 avg. base damage). This can be made up for not by 20 in zeal or sacrifice, but i suggest placing a considerable amount in fanaticism. This would work well with your build considering the amount of +skills you will have through the offensive gcs. Fanaticism is Absolutely Necessary for lightning immunes. Finally, in the case with lightning facets: they will only add to aura damage which will be negligible in many cases. they will pierce enemy resistances, however lightning immunes in hell have upwards of 130 lightning resistances, so even with crescent moon + facets, it will be difficult.

In closing, the tesladin is a very solid build. With some tweaking he can be a pretty good rusher through normal and nightmare with an enigma, and is extremely fun to play. Good Luck!

11. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Just my 2 cents here,

Another good option would be to use Dracul's grasp gloves. This will provide all the life leech you need with life tap firing off every so often. This of course, will demand some ias adjustement. Also, I would recommand as an alternative the use of Cat's eye ammy. It's true you would lose the + 1 skill but depending on your need of dexterity to achieve max block it might give you plenty of points to put in vita. Also, the DS on Highlord is not so important for a Tesaldin since it applies only to the physical damage part of your damage.

12. slam

slam IncGamers Member

if you could party up with someone providing an offensive aura, it would help and save the points in fanaticism. a might merc would help physical damage some but i'd probably go with a holy freeze merc

are you playing solo or in a party?

13. GriswoldsLegacy

GriswoldsLegacy IncGamers Member

for a tesladin using a CMPB, you only need 1 pt in zeal. the hoz will give you the rest to achieve 5 hits and the sword has ITD. Since this build is 95% lightning damage, you'l bearly be getting any more physical damage by putting 20 pts in zeal. This lets you max holy shield earlier and leave points for other useful skills.

14. Chronus24

Chronus24 IncGamers Member

some one please tell me why its called a Tesladin? What does that have to do with lightning?

15. (SiX)EasyKill

(SiX)EasyKill IncGamers Member

You're kidding right?

16. Chronus24

Am I pronouncing it wrong? "Tes"...I don't get it...I'm not blonde....

17. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Tesla

Tesla from dictionary.com:

Serbian-born American electrical engineer and physicist who discovered the principles of alternating current (1881) and invented numerous devices and procedures that were seminal to the development of radio and the harnessing of electricity.

or

The unit of magnetic flux density in the International System of Units, equal to the magnitude of the magnetic field vector necessary to produce a force of one newton on a charge of one coulomb moving perpendicular to the direction of the magnetic field vector with a velocity of one meter per second. It is equivalent to one weber per square meter.

That said, the build is called a Tesladin because it deals with holy shock (electricity).

18. Chronus24

Oh...wow...yeah I wouldn't have ever gotten that...not a physist

19. slam

slam IncGamers Member

or if you've played command and conquer, a tesla coil is a big tower that fires bolts of lightnining :)

20. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Inproper naming after all. Telsa is mainly a measure of how strong a magnectic field is, not a measure of how strong a electric current or differential is. So, it should be named as Amperdin or Voltadin?

P.S. Your definition is the metric definition. The United States, officially, still uses the Imperial System. So, it should be "pound" instead of "newton" as a unit of force. But the funny thing is supermarkets would use pound as a measure of mass, which is totally wrong. An apple would measure the same "kilogram" (metric mass unit) value on the moon as on earth. But its "pound" value on the moon would be ~1/6 as compared to on earth. The real imperial unit for mass is "slug." Now that's a well known unit... :lol: