Ultimate Meele?

ArchsageVal

Diabloii.Net Member
Ultimate Meele?

Alright, In a hand down meele battle (left-click and pray), which character comes on top? I'm thinkin' fortitude zealer, with mass defense and tons of attack power from grief zerk, you could probaly take down any meele class with one swing! Of course, there's BvB, charger, zeal sorc :)thumbup:) etc. Any input?

Von Lazuli

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Ultimate Meele?

Well, left click and pray eh? It kind of has to be a smiter... but in true melee it comes down to a Concentrate Barb and a Zealer. Both have uninterruptible attacks, ridiculous defense and ridiculous attack rating. Zealers will have more defense and a faster attack while Concentrate Barbs have a heap more life and can have more damage...

Chargers die after being blocked once. Zeal Sorcs, while having massive damage simply can't get the defense needed (they max out at about 7k...), Fury druids are handicapped by their defense and interruptible attacks.

Laz

darkone

Diabloii.Net Member

well in a just pure melle i think a fury dudu with grief forti phönix is the strongest because he also got a damn lot of life:yes:

saellison

Diabloii.Net Member

smite doesn't count as melee.

Melee duels usually boil down to zealers and concentrate barbs like previously mentioned. Either are good choices and if equally geared the duels are usually very close. Fury druids will get eaten apart due to interuptibility.

I prefer Zeal for melee dueling. I prefer a set-up something like this.

Rare Helm ( i like the spired helm types cause they look seckzy) w/ 2 soc, viosonary mod, FHR, life

Highlords
Eth Shaftstop
Hoz
Dungos
2x ravens
Bloodfists
Gore boots

For the weapon
grief
or
a rare fools 2 soc eth phase (looks seckzy once again) with 40 ias, and lots of ED with 2 Lo's for near max deadly strike.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

The fury wolf could be able to outrange the zealer and get a few hits in, but with high block/life/dr/uninteruptibily the nod goes to the zealer out of the two.

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member

Melee is all about how you setup you skills and what you have in your inventory.
Actually, my inventory worth as much or maybe more than my gear itself (ar-lifer and max/ar/lifer Gc's + 20 lifer sc's).