Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ultimate high level bow

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by einfyrno, May 21, 2005.

1. einfyrno

einfyrno IncGamers Member

Ultimate high level bow

Hey all,

Just wondering which is the ultimate high level bow for PvM? I am looking into an upgraded Lycander's aim as an ultimate bow...but are there better choices around? (upgraded goldstrike, buriza etc)

Considerations: I'm not a "rich" player, thus, what gear and bow would be realistically possible to get?

Thanks in advance!

2. Shako

Shako Banned

Well, since I'm from 1.09, I just have to say Windforce. Not sure if an upgraded Lycanders is better. :cool:

3. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

are you on ladder?
    if you are check out harmony....pretty cheap and performs well

upped lycanders is an excellent choice too for low budget zons

4. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Outside of the richer stuff like Faith and WF, I think an upgraded WWS is a fine end-game bow. The mods are just amazing.

+150-170% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Fires Magic Arrows
    2% Chance To Cast Level 5 Amplify Damage On Striking
    + (1 Per Character Level) 1-99 % Deadly Strike (Based On Character Level)
    All Resistances +40
    Sockets (2)

5. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

you ask for a "ultimate high level bow" but it shouldnt be expensive ? Sry there s somethign wrong :p

look into faith though ;)

6. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

So many bows, so little time part 10

A Kuko in the right hands is a great endgame bow. What is more important is how you going to use the bow. Are you going for elemental or physical damage or a combination? Harmony gets my vote, the best bang for the buck. It's the Lionheart of bow RWs.

7. einfyrno

einfyrno IncGamers Member

Hey;

Thanks for introducing me to harmony...compared to the other bow rune words, it seems really cheap and I have all the runes! :D

Does lvl 10 vigour have an IAS effect? (sorry, I don't play as paladins so I'm not sure what vigour does)

In addition, what bows would you recommend for harmony?

Thanks a bunch!

8. SalivaMonster

SalivaMonster IncGamers Member

Vigor has zero IAS, so pick a fast bow.

BTW, can anyone tell me how much it cost to full recharge the lvl 20 revive? Cause its fun said as a paladin, to summon a Valk and revive 20 monster, empower them with my concentrate and my merc's might....

Sorry have to ask here because nobody know about this in pally forum. :rolleyes:

9. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

IIRC lvl10 vigor gives you 35-40 FRW, a very handy thing to have. Since there is no IAS on the RW a -10 speed bow is the way to go. A Matriarchal for zons, Blade or Great for rogues or rangers.
    The cost of the first revive is whopping 370K gold, additional ones cost about 13k. This is a lot but it was worth it to me when I used them to get through a doll infested Hell durance.(doll v doll) It has been posted that an Ort+chipped gem will repair charges, but Parma never had never had the chance to try it. She bought the farm last week in A4. :(

10. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

The ultimate HIGH-LEVEL bow is still WF. That's just going by raw damage, not looking at any other mods or style or anything. Up until level 90, Faith is better, but once you really start getting up there in level the WF just can't be beat. Once again this is just damage, we're not talking speed or anything else...

The ultimate setup would be a WF on a Zon with a Faith Merc from A1.

*I also agree with the person above that said there is something wrong here, it's tough to ask what the Ultimate High-level bow is, and then stipulate that it has to be cheap.

**I also agrre with the person that said Harmony was the Lionheart of the bow runewords. Strictly speaking in bang-for-your-buck terms, Harmony makes a case as the best RW in the game. (I count Duress and Lionheart as tied for second.)

Just my $.02...

11. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

price of wf is dropping at least on ladder. it should be attainable.

im a big fan of uppd gsa, i used that on my earlier zons when i was a bit on the poor side and it did very well. =D lycanders is great too, a tad slow though.

12. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Witchwild + atma ammy=pwnage

Rik

13. jonbendale

jonbendale IncGamers Member

Not a cheap bulid, but my demon foes become one hit wonders in hell with the following build for my strafazon:

WF - Shaled
    Fortitude - ~5,500 total defense when chill armor kicks in
    LOH
    Highlords
    GR vs War Travs
    Ravenfrost x2
    Nof's belt
    Mavs helm with IAS jewel

Might merc with Pride & Dream helm & Stone (one Lo short of Fort)

Has taken me almost a year to get this build, putting all my resources into her. She makes swiss cheese out of the pits and ususally only briefly stop to shoot and pick up stuff. Hardly ever gets hit with Valk & Merc, but usually they are lagging behind her in the pits.

When I need lightning resist, I throw on Blackhorns, Thundergods, and change out my lower ravenfrost for a rare 8%LL ring with 30 light resist. With 40 light abosorb and 85 light resist from items & charms, just stand in the middle of the room with lightning running through me and shoot. Same with Diablo's lava. LL is strong enough to keep my tank full with my light resist.

14. eelnala

eelnala IncGamers Member

Hi folks, I’m thinking of making a bowazon myself, and here’s what I have. Witchwild, Kuko, Goldstrike, Buriza, Lycanders Aim. From the sound of things, the end-game would be an upgraded WWS vs Upgraded Goldstrike. Can you guys lay some pros and cons out for me on this?
    BTW, what’s wrong with Lycander’s Aim?

15. ramian

ramian IncGamers Member

^ yeah, been wondering about this too... would like a comparison of witchwild string and goldstrike arch in their upgraded forms... GSA would have base damage comparable to the windforce (except for the + to dmg) and wws would have a nice tight dmg range which would really kick some a** together with DS and amp kicking in at the same time.

16. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Well, GSA is first of all fast. very fast. Second, the damage stated on it is not the damage you will inflict, since it also has +(150-250)% damage to both undead/demons. Since most monsters are either undead or demons, this bow is better than the numbers on the character screen shows.
    The fact is, that a non-upgraded GSA is comparable damagewise to demons etc with windforce... Annoying with chance to cast FoH though.

WWS isnt as fast, but it has a chance to trigger amplify damage. When it triggers, the damage is simply doubled on the poor targets. With its two sockets, you can however get it some really nice speed with shael runes.
    Deadly strike on it makes wonders too. Both GSA and WWS are very nice ones. People seem to prefer WWS however, probably because of the chance to give 4x damage (amp + deadly strike).

Lycanders does not reach the same speed as the above mentioned bows, and it has no whooping damage giving mod either :(

17. citybird

citybird IncGamers Member

Would LO + SHAEL in an upped WWS be viable? this would bring +20% Deadly Strike which would give you 100+% after lvl 80.

can someone do the math??

18. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

At the highest levels, WF is just the ultimate powerhouse for raw physical damage. BotD outperforms it at medium-high levels, though. GSA cannot compete at all, sorry, even including all modifiers, and neither can WWS. Lycander's aim isn't a top bow for a physical damage build.

For a mid priced bow, I'd say GSA or WWS (preferably upped) if you're planning on a good deal of +ias gear (the more +ias the better WWS becomes relative to GSA), Buriza if you aren't. Lycander is an ok choice, too, but don't waste your runes upgrading it - save them for one of the other three.

Ohm is the best choice damagewise in a WWS (and in a WF).

19. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

For pvm ONLY, the top two choices for me are windforce and upgraded witchwild string. Both have slightly different strafer builds that make them shine even in high player hell games.

20. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I would go for shael+shael in an upped WWS. Having 8/2 strafe is very important for having amp damage trigger as the strafe damage in your char screen is quite low with upped WWS, even with 400+ dex and a high level might merc. Getting that 20% IAS that you lose on the weapon from your equipment can be a pain if you are trying to optimise other areas such as resistances. Also one point in critical strike + level 80+ (ie. 80%+ DS On the WWS) should be more than sufficient for good hell killing speed. The last thing that WWS needs is a LO Rune.