Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ultimate build for Chaos & Baal?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by jlmccown, Sep 27, 2006.

1. jlmccown

jlmccown Banned

Ultimate build for Chaos & Baal?

I am a straight PVM player. My question is, what is the best overall build for nothing but leveling up and doing chaos & Baal runs. I am a big fan of bowazons. Even like javazons also. I'm afraid making a hybrid will cause me to neglect important skills on one side or the other. What is the ultimate set-up and build for this style of playing. Price on the equipment is not a factor. :grin:

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

from your post it's somewhat clear you want to make a bowzon but unfortunately they can't solo baalruns so you'll have to go java ...

3. Murderya

Murderya Banned

I would say stafezon for Baal runs, if you absolutely must. Sorry, but I have to say it, hammerdins are the best for Chaos/Baal...

4. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

bowazons arent exactly the best boss killers. but can clear out the spaces quite efficiently. a strefer/ms can do worldstone and cs pretty easily.

if you want quick, a cs/lf javazon would be your ideal build, fury to clear the massive packs in chaos and world stone and the cs to finish off the bosses in few seconds.

5. doraemon

sure they can :rolleyes:

i've been able to solo baal with my bowazon since lvl87'ish just gotta keep decoying etc

6. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

sure you can do it but it's way to slow, in 8player games it's practically impossible, enigma javzon/light sorc/hdin will be like 50x faster

so why waste the time ?

the op is asking for an efficient zon build for baal/cs, which would be javazon (which btw is quite powerful, and actually beats hdins in many aspects, particularly boss killing)

7. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Full Lightning Fury + synergies build is by far the fastest.

I used to be a proponent of LF+CS/FA+CA, so that I could deal with lightning immunes. However, I found there are two ways to deal with LIs with a full lightning build:

1) If you're rich: infinity + Tstrokes on switch. All LIs, aside from rare uniques, have 100 lightning resist and is easily broken. Most LIs also have low HP, so once their immunity is broken they are dispatched easily. The -15% resistance will work at full effect, unlike the conviction at 1/5 effectiveness. Add in griffons + facets, depending on how rich you are, and they will be like any other mob.

2) If you're not rich: lower resist wand + Tstrokes. Does basically the same thing: LR to break immunity, Tstrokes to lower it further.

Couple of suggestions: save yourself some skill points -- I don't use a valk. And I play hardcore. Some people swear by her, but I find decoy + merc do the job just as well. If you have too many summons, the mobs aren't grouping for LF. Plus decoy stays put.

For WSK runner, I don't put a point in any of the passive dodge/evade/avoid. You'll find out why when you encounter the act3 blowdarts in WSK and you never get a shot off. I've been killed in hardcore by them, and I can't think of a time they would have been able to save me. Basically, when need them most (surrounded by a group of mobs hitting you), they will hurt you the most. Again, others will swear by these skills, it might be less of a concern in softcore.

You don't need to put a point into lightning strike. LF will take care of any group, CS of any boss. While it really doesn't matter that much, for aesthetic reasons I max out the other skills to 20 rather than have one at 18 or 19 and LS at one.

As for gear, as long as you have max resists and max block, you will not be stopped. Only recommendation I have is to put 5 pts into pierce and use Tgods. You'll need it for the Gloams/Dark Souls. 5 pts in pierce is just enough to get started MF/killing with LF, and down the road with lots of +skills, you'll be glad you didn't put more points in for a percent or two more pierce.

8. jlmccown

jlmccown Banned

so, a pure java build is what i need to do chaos runz. sounds good to me. Can anyone please let me know what skillz need maxed and what gear should be used to fully utilize this char type. thanks so much for your help.

9. doraemon

but you said they can't.... that's why i replied your post :rolleyes:

which is exactly what i recommended....

max LF, CS, light strike etc...all the 10% synergies. don't bother with innersight, decoy, valk and slow missle (save those 4 points into the sunergies) . but you should invest 1 point in all the other passives.

gear...well..pretty simple really. eth titans/titans(on switch) ull need 2 because ull run out easily. CoH or enigma for the skills. shako or +2 zon circlet with other goodies. +3java ammy. +2java +ias +other goodies crafted glove. tgod belt is a must. dual leech ring is nice. mmm. i chose waterwalks. and shield either SS (for blocking) or spirit for +2skill.

10. Cee

Cee IncGamers Member

I'm also interested in this. I want a pure pure PVM build which can kill the übers :)

So following the java lighting guide should do it , correct?
    That would mean...

1 Jab.
    20 power strike.
    20 lightning bolt
    20 charged strike
    20 lightning fury.

and 1 into all passives except some of them like valk, slow missile etc. Correct build?

11. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

I soloed Chaos and Baal many times over with my Strafezon since she was around lvl82. Shes now **, but got hacked and lost all gear. Admittedly you need the right gear for the job but they are quite viable in Chaos and WSK. Get yourself a Faith GM bow and Fortitude armour, torch and anni, Gores and Guillaumes, some nice rare gloves, whatever belt, and the best advice of equip I can suggest is atma's scarab for the chance to cast amp dmg.

Keep your Valk out at all times and keep casting decoy up ahead. Dont rush into the fray - youre not a paladin. Stay back and let your Might merc and Valk tank for you.

My merc had Andy's, Duress armour of somekind, and Crescent Moon sup eth CV.

12. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

Cee- the build you list is a FULLY synergized Lit Zon. VERY powerfull indeed. With titans or Tstrokes you'll wade through just about anything that isn't LI/PI. You'll still be able to kill LI/PI's if you have any other sources of elemental damage (charms, other items, etc.) but just a little slower.

13. Aldragon

Aldragon IncGamers Member

Errr My 86 pure bowson dopes solo chaos ans solo baals 1588 life cough
    Aldragon
    P.D. she got to 86 pitrunning solo mostly

Oh forgot to tell this is Hardcore ladder useast

14. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Ah, would you mind repeating that is english?

15. humblegar

humblegar IncGamers Member

I'm considering trying something like this but with maxed valk, is this doable or will I just be gimped with a great tank, heh.

What skills (of the above) should I not max if I wanted a maxed Valk in stead?

16. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

yeah, yeah, all know javazons own bowazons in just about every aspect of the game except, bowazons are more fun by far. Dont bother doing Baal runs since it takes too long but focus on Chaos runs which a bowazon with multishot can do very quickly with expensive equipment.