Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ultimate Avenger Gear...?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheReadMenace, Apr 15, 2008.

1. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Ultimate Avenger Gear...?

First off, I gotta say I'm basically a Pally newb, so please correct me if I make an incorrect assumption. Second, I'm in the middle of my first Single Player Avenger and the following list of gear is basically unobtainable for me. But I was looking at the high end RWs and I started to think that if this whole list works out I might have to switch to .bnet to try it out!

I'm not going to list all the items stats, nor will I fill every slot. But what do you think of these items with a 20Vengeance/Conviction Paladin? Would something else be a better fit?

Weapon- Beast (Fanatacism aura)
    Shield- Phoenix (Redemption aura, 350-400% Enhanced Damage)
    Armor- CoH (For ED, resists & +skills)
    Ammy- Mara's (resists & +skills)

Give a Doom RW (Holy Freeze aura) to an A2 Might merc.

In total, that would be five auras in all! But here's where my knowledge gets fuzzy. Do Fanatacism and Might stack? Do they modify the damage of Vengeance, or do they apply only to your physical damage?

If it all works together like it should, I'd LOVE to see how effective this build would be. But it's really just a pipe dream for us Single Players...

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: Ultimate Avenger Gear...?

Might and Fanaticism do not add to the elemental damage of Vengeance, they only increase the physical damage.

Also you should read the excellent Avenger guide by Asmodeous, if you haven't already. It answers most of your questions:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=517192

3. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Re: Ultimate Avenger Gear...?

Thanks, Poppis. I had found Cyrus' guide, but this was new to me. Mucho appreciado, amigo. :grin:

And having both Might and Fanatacism still isn't a horrible idea. Even if it only boosts your physical damage, it mostly/totally eliminates the need for IAS, and it makes leeching that much more effective.

Thanks to you too, Asmodeous!