Ultimate animal fighter

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
Ultimate animal fighter

I know we hate vs. threads, but IMO this is cool enough to make an exception. And it's been like 4 months since I've started an interesting thread, so here we go.
http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/conflict13.html
A lot of cool appraisals of who would win in a fight, including historical matchups:
Lion vs. Tiger
Lion vs. Grizzly bear
Grizzly vs. Polar Bear
Snake vs. Crocodile
Tiger vs. Crocodile

etc.

From the sound of it the Grizzly bear>all in a fight.
Lion is probably second, but tigers and other bears are close

PlagueBearer

Diabloii.Net Member
I know we hate vs. threads, but IMO this is cool enough to make an exception. And it's been like 4 months since I've started an interesting thread, so here we go.
A lot of cool appraisals of who would win in a fight, including historical matchups:
Lion vs. Tiger
Lion vs. Grizzly bear
Grizzly vs. Polar Bear
Snake vs. Crocodile
Tiger vs. Crocodile

etc.

Much of this seems directly ripped from Animal Planet's "Animal Faceoff" show, where engineers spend most of an hour doing hypothetical tests using mechanical mock-ups (and an ***-load of guesswork) to gather comparitive data on two animal species, then the last 10 minutes or so was a CGI fight between the two and a play-by-play on the fight.

My favorite was the lion vs the tiger: tigers outclass the lion in speed, strength, size, and just about every really quantifiable category, but the lion wound up winning for the simple reason that lions fight other lions all the damn time. Tigers almost never fight other big cats, and the lion owned the tiger pretty hard.

Ace_wanderer

Diabloii.Net Member
Lion vs. Tiger
Lion vs. Grizzly bear
Grizzly vs. Polar Bear
Snake vs. Crocodile
Tiger vs. Crocodile

etc.

Its kind of funny that everyone says lions because they can fight but when you look it up on youtube the lions always gets owned.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Wasn't there a page just like this ages ago? Or is it the same one with a new lick of paint?

I'm always surprised that the consensus is that the lion would beat the tiger. Lions never seem that aggressive to me. But I guess they have a point, the lion is a competitive nest-protector, and thus built for fighting rather than hunting (like the solitary tiger).

Very interesting about bear vs. tiger conflict.

This cat owns all lions, tigers, grizzlies, zyzzyvas, panda bears, and even puppies.