Ubers with wolf is do-able.

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
KadoorieNuts said:
Tx for the updated Bjam. I am still waiting for the completed guide to come out. (IMO, Credendum from the Disciple is also a good alternative.)
Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!

Someone IMed me about wanting the name of the suit of armor that gives 90% poison resists / 50% decrease poison length. It's the Venom Ward Breastplate. When I dump my normal armor into the stash and take it out for Lilith, between the feral rage / life tap / life leech my health bowl doesn't even budge. Kinda funny that I've got an armor just for her, but what the heck. I've got a SS/Schaefer's Hammer which is slow, but a lot of fun against the ubers. Tomb Reaver on switch just for kicks.

Good luck and good hunting! (growf!)
Kirah

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Update** Tried ubers with PvP wolf. I lacked CB, but man can the wolf survive better then the pally. I was able to kill diablo ez, but Baals stupid blue wave kept knocking me back and I started furying minions. I forgot about baal and moved on to meph..owned me. Once I was owned a few times, I brought in smiter for the torch. Who ever said minions were a problem, nope fury druid takes em out ezier then zmiter. Gona change some gear and go at er balls out druid. Oh and I went with no pots!! (plus side vs my full juvi dependant, untill tap hits smiter!) Wish me luck for time 2, and I don't wanna write a guide until 100% sure!

IMC :grin:

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
Baal usaully ends up bein hardest uber for me too kill , have too feral rage him since his minions get in the way and they are PI.

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure who who in the first place said a Fury Druid could not kill the Three..any melee class that has a multiple hit skill( kicker, zealot, frenzy/doubleswing barb etc), can do it just as easy as any other class can.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
IMCanadian said:
Fury barb is one of the best for uber trist, there just must not be a guide written. I'm planning on writing a guide for this asap, but atm im working on a pvp wolf on east. Note, if you decrease you atk speed bjam by using a lw pb or Z, life tap will hit alot more and you wont die. I find my life never decreases when I use LW, but it takes longer to kill. Fury handles ez minions...try a LW if you can

***FREZY*** Barb, Silly me was thinking about wolves, but you all new what I ment:grin:

@Sir G:

Meteorb and Summoner fair alright, but ppl think of wolves as underdogs and don't believe they have the skills to do anything right. We are here to prove them wrong in every aspect of the game:grin:

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
Meteorb fairs alright in Trist? I only know of one sorc soloing Trist and that is Winter Dream (I believe that's how it goes) the Blizz/melee hybrid sorc. I got a video of it and it's pretty sweet. Very expensive and complicated build and doesn't have the greatest killing speed or survivability, but sure looks damn fun and a worthy challenge that I give big props to.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, weird I dueled winterdream today in a pubby, all she did was blizz town, I walked out killed her with fury and she left. I was wondering why a pvp blizz sorc was wearing tals. I've heard of ppl doing ubers with Meteorb, never stupid enough to try it. Maybe they are liers, I'm just passin it along.

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
I got the big job done! It was slow, it was dicey, but man was it fun. I'll give a full recap when I can, but here is a summary:

Gear:
I basically used the set up I used vs. Lilith (see earlier post) with the exception of my inventory, which was geared toward stacked resists. This means I actually had less life and AR, but there was nothing to be done about that.

Strategy:
I put on Treachery and equipped the life tap wand on switch. I created the Portal, then ran around in Act 1 getting hit until fade triggered. Then it was a sprint to Harragoth to swap armors and enter the portal. From the portal, I went North to the very top, then West to the very end, then I went half way down and strated creeping East to find Mephy.

Mephy - Once I saw the first pixel of her Aura on screen, I cast life tap, retreated, shifted, then tried to lure her out. I did manage to seperate her cleanly from the other two, but she spawned a gigantic army of minions first. The good news was that my life tap was successful, but the bad news was that I couldn't reach her through her army. This was the dicey part. I used nearly all my purple pots just trying to get into a position to attack her. Once I did, she wasn't too bad, but her huge army forced me to burn all my remaining pots before it was over. I retreated to town to catch my breath and grab some red and blue pots.

Baal - With my nerves and potions restored, I went back to finish the job. I first made a detour out of town to chrage up Feral Rage, then I re-entered the portal. I went slightly East, then straight down, then up (to where Cain "hangs out"). Out charges Baal to greet me. He wasn't too bad, but his blue wave wsa a pain...until I let him back me into a wall (actually the bottom of the map). Feral Rage and an occasional Fury burst did the trick. I did have Diablo join the fight near the end and I had to run in a few circles to shake him before I could finish Baal. I don't think I could have handled both at once. I also used up all my mana pots.

Diablo - With no threat of a double team, and the whole town to work with, I lured him to a quite corner and beat him quickly to a pulp with a combo of Feral Rage and Fury.

The End Result:
Success!!! I didn't die once, but there where several close calls. I didn't stick around to clean up the minions, I just brought in another character to pick up the treasure (unid'd ATM). I think I'll stick with my Pally for future Tristram runs, but it can be done solo by a less than godly Fury Wolf...mission accomplished.

Thanks to all who helped with ideas and faith in the Wolf.

JettJagwar

Diabloii.Net Member
my friend plays a frenzy barb and with my fury wolf we took down ubers ez. there was a wind druid who tagged along for crowd control but he did more to attract enemies than dispatch them. my set up is shael'd jalals, coh, dracs, dungo belt, treks or gores (i forget), bk, ravenfrost, highlords, and shael'd tomb reaver. my merc is running 4k stone, eth steelskull (i think) and eth reapers toll. he died twice i think, probably more of a function of the windy than the ubers themselves.

the dracs are not helpful vs duriel, too many physical immunes and the lifetap cancels my merc's decrep curse.

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice Bjam, I gotta buy I couple organ sets and go back at er! I'll but puttin on my 69cb LW zerk (slow I no), But It works good, Ima prebuff with treachery and wear CoH in. I have massive Life scs. I'll prebuff cta and put ebotd Gpa on switch I think. I might leave cta to rebo, since oak dies in two hits. I'm goin in with LW, shael ss, gores, raven, raven, maras, dungo, dracs, CoH, prebuffd with treach and cta, maybe a EbotdGpa on switch. I'm hoping to make a good run at this. Faster then maybe my smiter with less pots. My goal is to not build a wolf just for ubers, I want a wolf that with gears switches cn multitask.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
So I need to get a ribcracker now XD. Alrighty. And Sir Bjam, do you still stand by the idea that a non eth, shaeled Ribcracker would fair better? Thank you.

KadoorieNuts

Diabloii.Net Member
IMCanadian said:
Nice Bjam, I gotta buy I couple organ sets and go back at er! I'll but puttin on my 69cb LW zerk (slow I no), But It works good, Ima prebuff with treachery and wear CoH in. I have massive Life scs. I'll prebuff cta and put ebotd Gpa on switch I think. I might leave cta to rebo, since oak dies in two hits. I'm goin in with LW, shael ss, gores, raven, raven, maras, dungo, dracs, CoH, prebuffd with treach and cta, maybe a EbotdGpa on switch. I'm hoping to make a good run at this. Faster then maybe my smiter with less pots. My goal is to not build a wolf just for ubers, I want a wolf that with gears switches cn multitask.

While still waiting for your completed guide, I have a few questions for u. (SS is really new to me.)
1. In your opinion (IUO), for a choice of PB (LW; Grief) or eZerker, which one (pair) would serve the Tristram run better?
2. Besides Stormshield, what other choice of shield do I have? (SS doesn't have much resistance.)
3. Without Cta pre-puff, can I do it?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
I really believe it will fare at least as well and will be a lot easier to find and cheaper to make (no Zod). I did pick up a non-eth Ribby, but I haven't got the Lem/Ko to up it or the socketing quest to Shael it ATM, so I don't want to speculate. I'm hoping someone else can vouch for its viability as an Uber weapon, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[EDIT] The guide is up!!!

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
Bjam said:
I really believe it will fare at least as well and will be a lot easier to find and cheaper to make (no Zod). I did pick up a non-eth Ribby, but I haven't got the Lem/Ko to up it or the socketing quest to Shael it ATM, so I don't want to speculate. I'm hoping someone else can vouch for its viability as an Uber weapon, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[EDIT] The guide is up!!!
Eh?

I have used Non-Eth Ribby, Up'd/Shaeled OFC - it is completely viable. I'm not sure which would be better. Non-Eth is definitely cheaper if you are on a budget (requires no Zod).

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
emar said:
Eh?

I have used Non-Eth Ribby, Up'd/Shaeled OFC - it is completely viable. I'm not sure which would be better. Non-Eth is definitely cheaper if you are on a budget (requires no Zod).
I was responding to Verashiden's question. Thanks for the affirmation emar. I figured as much, but I didn't have first-hand knowledge.

I guess the jury is still out on which is better, but it's an easy choice if you are on a budget.