Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ubers in SP?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by srulz, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srulz

srulz IncGamers Member

Ubers in SP?

Hi everyone,

sorry if this had been asked before, but I've searched the forum (and Google) but it was in vain.

So my question is, is there a mod that enables the Uber Three in SP? Just the name should be enough (since linking to other sites are forbidden I think)

That's all, thanks in advance! :)

2. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

Re: Ubers in SP?

There is, but I think the bosses AI isn't the same as on B.net. I don't know what the name is, but it's out there. I'll stop talking about it now before I get slapped by a Mod :whistling: .

3. MrProphet

MrProphet IncGamers Member

Such mods do exist, but I believe they are frowned upon by the people here. PMing a mod will probably get you a better answer though. They know the specifics and such.

4. srulz

srulz IncGamers Member

Oh! Okay, sorry...though when I've read the forum rules, the only things that aren't allowed are hacks and such. Maybe I've misread something... I'm really sorry! :(

Please lock this thread. Thank you.

5. Drixx

Drixx IncGamers Member

There are mods that will add what you're talking about to single player; however, they require the use of a program which violates the forum rules... that's why nobody can link you or give you a name.

Additionally, there is a mod that adds uber diablo to the game that is considered acceptable by the forum standards; however, if you were to use it there are a very very very very very limited few people who would trade with you.

Basically what you do on your computer is your business ... but if you want to MP, trade or otherwise interact with other players in the SPF ... you won't be fighting the ubers in single player.

6. srulz

srulz IncGamers Member

Perfectly understood sir, thank you for the detailed explanation! :nod:

Hopefully we'll let this thread die/locked now.

7. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Maybe this deserves to be mentioned more explicitly in the FAQ (SP vs BNet content section)?

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ Stephen re FAQ; it will be.

@OP -
    * There is a mod which is unsupported on the SPF that enables uber-like monsters in SP
    * The AI is not correctly implimented and the experience is NOT the same as bnet
    * The mod is not supported because it has several other very unwelcome add-ons which are not accepted in the MP/Trade pool
    * There is also an unsupported mod which replicates DClone by turning another monster into it. IE goto Stony Field and Rakiswakyishu is now DClone

We are aware that some people have TOTALLY backed up their characters and stashes, killed the ubers/dclone, wiped the affected character, uninstalled the mods and then returned to their back-ups, so no items/experience has been gained. Unless you're really tidy about that sort of thing, I'd rather you didn't. do it

Again what you do on your own machine is fine; so if you withdraw from the MP/trade pool do what you like.

I am aware that other forums allow the use of the ubers mod and that is why we get jumpy when people trade on other forums.

As per the FAQ, mod support is done at the Phrozen Keep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.