Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber Tristram With Tal-Rasha's Sorceress

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Agguh, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Agguh

Agguh Diabloii.Net Member

Hello, a while ago I started this Challenging Uber Tristram run thing. The idea was complete uber tristram solo, without using a single runeword, and using only class specific sets. This is the conclusion to my challenge. I proudly present my Tal-Rasha's Sorceress Uber Tristram Run! https://www.twitch.tv/agguh/v/109407036

So there's this popular myth in the community that a caster sorceress can't solo ubers, only way is melee, well today I showed you it not only with caster sorc, but I was playing in hardcore, using ghetto magic find gear, no bo, no rws, and random, even crap charms! A fire sorc with infinity could do this much easier, since it would break Baals and Diablos fire immunities and meteor would stop their regen, so there would be no need to rely on merc with open wounds.

Hope you enjoy this :)
    I'm showing my full gear at the end of the video. If you want to see my uber runs with other classes you can find them here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71004166&f=161 Thanks everyone who helped me prepare for this and thanks for support and keeping me motivated!
    Sorry if this is wrong subforum :)

T72on1 likes this.
  2. DaveW

DaveW Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry to bust ur dreams but the Ubers are unattainable in SP mode. So ur post is ....... worthless.

3. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

In my mind the single player forum is mostly for people that play offline single player, but I don't think it is limited to that either. If a person wants to play the realms or the ladder single player(which is what I would do if I did), I don't see the problem with reporting results here. I personally find interest in what he posted because I would like to get a torch and anni some day just to say I did because I've never done it. The Uber's should be available on the Single player setting anyway, and we also shouldn't have to resort to the RWM to get all the Runes.

But that's just me.

4. Agguh

I was gonna post it to multiplayer forum, but it seemed dead, so I posted it here :)
    No idea where should have I posted this instead.

5. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

Nice job! Since I have been in SP so long, I don't remember what immunities can be broken. Aren't the venom lords completely unbreakable? I'll have to watch the video later.

The community forum is probably a better location, but this forum has the most discussion. We are just a bit bitter that we can't do it. And ther is no good reason we cant, just someone said no.

6. Korlic

Korlic Diabloii.Net Member

No good reason? How about it's not FAM? There's already Vanilla vs. RWM, Go-Mule vs. No mule, Hot Muling, allowing multiple windows etc.

I am sure you can start a debate about FAM'ing Uber-mod but there's a reason it's not FAM yet. Also I am pretty sure the way it works is different from online, no minions IIRC.

7. thefranklin

To clarify:

...Someone at Blizzard said no for no good reason.

I agree with the FAM.

T72on1 likes this.
  8. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with the FAM as well, and its one of the reasons I like this site as much as I do. I should have watched the video several times before I commented on it, as it kinda seems like something is off about it. It may be a 100% legit way to do it, however cheesy some methods are, but Ive never claimed to know everything about this game. All I was getting at was that I would like to be able to do the Ubers, but if there is no legit, FAM way to do it in Single Player, then I am not going to do it.

9. Agguh

What?? What seems off about my run lol.

10. thefranklin

After watching the video, I have to say it is pretty impressive. Well done!

First of all, for the people that don't seem to understand, this was done on the realms. It isn't illegitimate (at least as far as I can tell) or "cheesy", it required some pretty neat solutions to the problems the ubers present. No merc can stand up to Meph, so a sorc has no way to stop regen, aside from walking up and attempting to smack him. Their hp regen is insane! To deal with this problem, OP used bone wall from Marrowalks to keep Meph still so he could bake in meteors flames. That is a darn good solution that most on this forum would appreciate. The other ubers are done more simply because the merc's can apply some open wounds.

Kudos for trying out all of the other sets.

I looked at the thread on the other forum, and I have also done the IK barb for ubering. I remember getting to Lilith and wondered what the heck was going on, her health wouldn't move I replaced my boots with some gore riders, and then she died right away. I also had to keep an um'd mace around after that. It is a shame that the mace is so underpowered compared to other options because the IK set is truly bad ash.

helvete likes this.
  11. Agguh

Hey, thanks for your feedback :)
    Yes, Baal and Diablo are fire immune, so I have to rely on merc to apply open wounds to stop their regen, which is pretty annoying, since it's pretty hard to keep the merc alive with no bo.. That's why I also used Kelpie Snare to slow them as much as possible.
    For other 4 bosses it's easier since I just have to drop meteors on them to stop their regen, which also makes things hard, mostly vs Mephisto, since I can't take it slow and safe and have to teleport in and keep spamming my spells, since few seconds of no fire and he'll regen back at full hp.
    As far as IK barb goes, it's one of my favourite sets that can do just about anything in the game with great effectiveness.
    Did lots of uber runs with him even with different builds and yes um'd mace is needed to stop their regen. :)

12. Hookipa

Hookipa Diabloii.Net Member

Nicely done.

I appreciate how you used bone wall and LR to your advantage. You are obviously well practiced against the Ubers.
    The tactics and gameplay you displayed and the challenge you sought is one SP players can appreciate as well, in my opinion.

thefranklin likes this.
  13. Agguh

Thanks for your nice words :)
    Indeed, I wanted to post this here as a display of high level gameplay and skill, rather than just showing bnet stuff to this SP community. ;)