Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber Trist

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Spoochie, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Spoochie

Spoochie IncGamers Member

Uber Trist

After playing this 3 game with my friends and learning more about D2 we wanted test our skills on higher opponents. Sotoday me and some 'real life' friends in Diablo got 3 key sets, opened up all 3. Beated all 3. (3 Barbs (WhirlWind/IK) , 1 Druid (Wolf), and me Light Sorc) Lilith was hardest we had an small help on it, but other 2 we defeated on our own. We got 3 organs now, we don't got the best gear though. We're now gonna level some and get better gear, and after that we gonna try the Uber Trist.

So I was wondering, would we have any chance ? :) Is there anything else that we should know? What gear do you suggest for druid, barb, light sorc ?

2. Aien

Aien IncGamers Member

Re: Uber Trist

Sure you'd have a chance. :wink3:

I searched around for the guide I've seen linked in the past, but couldn't seem to find it. Someone I'm sure will provide you a good link of things you need to know for Uber Trist.

To get you started though, there are a few things in general you'll want to know. There are Uber Meph, Baal, and Diablo in Uber Trist, as I'm sure you know, fact 1 is it's important to bring them to you one at a time. There's a path you can take, but if you just take it very slowly and inch your way around, you'll probably be fine.

The two most important things to have are very high resists (for Meph), and life tap for the melee types. Crushing blow is important as well, but you can get by focusing on the first two. Dracs or a Last Wish are good for refreshable life tap, and the meleers will be thankful for that. Meph drops your resists into the dumper, so stacking resists to about double the cap will be advisable. Supplement with resist charms if necessary.

Once you get past Meph, it's all downhill. Uber Meph is probably the toughest monster in the game. If you can handle Lilith, you can manage Uber Diablo and Baal.

Good luck, and have fun.

3. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

4. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

A few main points to take note of when doing uber trist:
    Lifetap: probably the best way of staying alive, get it via vendor wands with lifetap charges, marrowwalks, dracul's grasp. (there are other more expensive options such as Last Wish as well)
    Crushing Blow: pretty essential to taking down the bosses. Coupled with high AR, you can easy take chunks of life off at a time.
    Prevent Monster Heal: ubers have a very high regeneration rate so having some way of preventing them from healing is quite helpful.
    Resists: Uber Meph's conviction is the main reason he can be such a pain. If possible, find a friend who has a pally with salvation. If not, try to find some +all res charms/pdiamond shields, etc. If you're careful on the initial pull, you can aggro Meph alone which makes the fight a lot easier since you don't have Baal and Diablo's elemental attacks affecting you.

5. Garisdacar

Garisdacar IncGamers Member

also note that there are re-spawning vampires (blood lords, whatever, the life-stealing meteor casters) around Meph that are immune to physical, and respawning demon lords (like from the lower right seal in Chaos Sanc) around diablo who are immune to everything BUT physical. those guys can get kinda thick.

6. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Meph has skellie minions : They do elemental damage so that's nice combined with the conviction from Meph
    Baal has blood lords and wraiths: The wraiths suck out your precious mana, the bloodlords just toss fire around
    Diablo has Demon lords: Spit fire, but that's it :)

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

The demon lords are also NOT immune to hammers.

8. Davio

Davio IncGamers Member

Well, I advise you to have some backup (friends) ready if all 3 spawn at the same time.

This can easily happen if one of them spawned with minions and someone panicked and ran towards the middle.

I don't think Meph is the hardest, because he's the easiest to kill once you 'have at him'.
    To me Diablo is the hardest for if too many of our firestorms proc, it's usually C/I time. =)