Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber trist bowazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by wooginator, Jun 23, 2010.

1. wooginator

wooginator Diabloii.Net Member

Uber trist bowazon?

I've heard people say it can't be done, but strafe attacks at 3 frames on its follow-up shots so I think it'd be great. I'd just like some input on viability and gear choices:

Gear:

Um'd guillaumes
    Gores
    Duress (15% cb, 33% open wounds)
    Faith GM bow. I was tempted to use Wrath for the 5% ctc life tap and 20% cb, but it also has 30% ctc decrep which would override tap so it's a no-no, leaving faith the best option.
    Dungo's or maybe Credendum for the 15 res all and dual stats. Or maybe tgods for the dual stat bonus and sorb.
    Dracs
    Highlords or maybe Metalgrid for resists/ar.

Input appreciated.

2. sequoia

sequoia Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Uber trist bowazon?

it comes down to needing tanks, i think the one person who did it made use of delirium on his merc so the confuse could proc and create temporary meat shields

it is definitely extremely difficult but a good task if you feel like testing yourself

3. MFDeath

MFDeath Diabloii.Net Member

You do know that CB only works at half effectiveness with ranged weapons, right? That's a deal breaker to me...

I don't know how you would manage enough damage to make a dent before you got wiped. You would need quite a bit of dex for damage and AR which would leave you with little vita, and you'll just spend most of your time running around avoiding attacks instead of doing the attacking. To add insult to injury, your res would hurt, especially with meph's aura. I hear there's a video on youtube or whatever, so I think it is possible, but it's like a 10+ minute fight... far from worth the trouble if you ask me.

If you really want to try it out with some type of zon, I suggest going in with javs using a fast jab with CB. I've come very close to completing UT with my light jav as an experiment last ladder season using nothing but 1-pt Jab and Guillaume's+Gores, and I'm sure it would be successful with better effort... I just didn't have the patience to tweak it when I had a perfectly good Pally already built just for that.

Gearwise you'd be looking at *something* along the lines of;
    Guillaume's (Um'ed or IAS jewelled depending on style)
    Highlord's (nothing else)
    CoH (or Duress for cheap)
    Titans (upped and preferably eth)
    High Ravenfrost + any BK (or dual leech rare + res)
    TGods (other options are Nos Coil or Dungos, even SoE...)
    SS (Um'ed or PDiamond) @ max block!
    Dracs (maybe 2-20 crafted/rare if you get a wand of Life Tap on switch)
    Gores (no other choice here really)
    Prebuff with Fade (Treachery), Enchant (Demon Limb), and any BC/BO (CTA) if possible

For skills it would be good to maximize your Jab, Critical Strike and Penetrate, though you could probably get away with 1-pointers and +skills alone. Maxed Valk might be able to survive for a while but they'll be going after you anyways..

This is just my quick opinion now based on experience... Hope that gives you something to go with. If anyone has other suggestions please share.

4. droid

droid Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah there's several dealbreakers for uber bowzons...

-CB only half as effective
    -No fast always-hit attack like Smite; GA might actually be a better option than Strafe, but of course slower
    -No good defense skill like Fade, Holy Shield, or Natural Res+BO...DEA causes more problems than it solves
    -No shield = crappy res and no blocking

I'd use an upped Rattlecage over Duress, too. 10% more CB, and the HCTMF will help with crowd control - it wont overwrite your LT on the bosses, either, who are immune to Terror.

5. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai Diabloii.Net Member

It's been done, can't remember by who, but a forum regular. But the lack of a tank is ultimately what keeps most builds from being effective in uberland as the bosses get bonuses to their already high damage to npcs.

6. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

it's been done a couple times now :) if i remember right, there is a nice write up about one in the stickies.