uber team for ladder reset

JackGoodwin

Diabloii.Net Member
uber team for ladder reset

now, i know the ladder isnt going to reset until sumtime this summer, but in preparation for the reset, I would like to set up an uber team to get ppl spots on the top 100 list. Here are the builds that the party will have:

Hammerdin (me)
Pure Cold sorc
Pure Fire sorc
Pure lightning sorc
Avenger (for conviction)
3 barbs of any type, WW and concentrate preferred. These barbs, in addition to being boosted by my concentrate aura, will help the party out with warcries and by bein tanks.
This way, every party member helps out/is helped by sum1 else, making for great killing speed. Who here wants in?

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
JackGoodwin said:
now, i know the ladder isnt going to reset until sumtime this summer, but in preparation for the reset, I would like to set up an uber team to get ppl spots on the top 100 list. Here are the builds that the party will have:

Hammerdin (me)
Pure Cold sorc
Pure Fire sorc
Pure lightning sorc
Avenger (for conviction)
3 barbs of any type, WW and concentrate preferred. These barbs, in addition to being boosted by my concentrate aura, will help the party out with warcries and by bein tanks.
This way, every party member helps out/is helped by sum1 else, making for great killing speed. Who here wants in?
You might want to post these kinda threads in this forum:
http://forums.diabloii.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=31

Welcome to the forums btw ;)

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
and btw, wouldnt a javazon fit in well? Insanely fast at wiping crowds out.
or even a necro/death sentry assassin, just for CE's ;)

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
and btw, wouldnt a javazon fit in well? Insanely fast at wiping crowds out.
or even a necro/death sentry assassin, just for CE's ;)
I agree here, I would replace the lightning sorc with a lightning javazon.

For any fast killing party you need:

Multiple types of damage and/or ways to break immunities
Characters who can handle crowds
Characters who can handle bosses
Characters who can tank

1. Avenger - Handles bosses, Tanks, Break Immunities, Fire/Cold/Lightning/Physical
2. FB/M Sorc - Handles crowds, Fire
3. Blizz Sorc - Handles crowds, Cold
4. LF/CS Zon - Handles crowds, Handles bosses, Lightning
5. Summon/Bone Nec - Handles crowds, Tanks, Breaks Immunities, Fire/Physical/Magic

That alone would be enough to kill everything in the game quickly and safely. You got two immunity breakers, four crowd controllers, two boss killers, and two tankers.

For an even more effective party though you probably want two more elements:

Life/Mana buff
Characters who can stun/weaken monsters

6. Conc Barb - Handles Bosses, Tanks, Life/Mana buff, Physical
7. Shockwave WB - Handles Crowds, Tanks, Life buff, Stuns, Physical
8. Ghost Trapper Sin - Handles Crowds, Tanks, Stuns, Blinds, Fire/Lightning/Physical

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a true co-op of players you could pop some Magic Find on the barb or sorc for final boss kill, where everyone SHARES the drops.

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
What about six summoning necros and two characters that would use the tanks as a wall?

First Necro: Pure summoning, might merc,
Second Necro: Curses, Maxed Raise skeleton and mastery, defiance merc
Third Necro: Max Corpse explosion,Maxed mages, skeletons, and mastery, Thorns merc
Fourth Necro:pure summoning, Blessed aim merc
Fifth Necro:pure summoning, Holy freeze merc
Sixth Necro: Pure summoning, Prayer merc
Seventh Character: Avenger (conviction will help mages a lot)
Eighth Characrer: Zealot (Fanat will help skeletons A LOT, he can just sit back since ladder reset and he'll have crappy gear)

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
too many skels I think, you could use a barb with lvl 50 bo maybe and hammerdin, fana gives about only near 200ed to other party members but conc would boost it more, so hammerdin and baba would be good I think...

:cheesy:
*priit

newerest

Diabloii.Net Member
Well fanat will make skeles not only attack with more damage but, also with a higher chance to hit and faster

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
1.Definitely a summoning nec for tanking.
2. Barb, warcries are a must.
3. A druid with oaksage gives even more life (id go for a fire/summoner here, stand back behind the meatshields and pop volcanos and whatnot :)
4. An avenger/cleric, conviction aura is a must.
5. A char with mass destruction ability, a javazon or trapper goes well here, conviction will break almost ALL lightning immunities (NOT the case with fire and cold immunities). A light sorc is too gear and mana dependent to go untwinked IMO, javazon does much better here.
6. Probably a hammerdin or fanazealot to help out summons do more physical dmg and do some dmg themselves :).

Kretschmer

Diabloii.Net Member
Off the top of my head:
-Avenger: Conviction is amazing; tanks/blocks; elemental resists for all.
-ConcBarb: Tanks and adds BO.
-Blizzard Sorc: Unparalleled boss killing power; teleport.
-Wind Druid: Easy Untwinked; Oak; Damage; Can survive huge elemental hits.
-Skellimancer: Great for getting your party started; curses; Max CE for quick clears.
-Javazon: Great damage.

Extra members:
-Fire sorceress: A meteor/FB build is very damaging; an enchantress/FW would massively up skelly and player damage while contributing solidly.
-Hammerdin: Boosts skellies; adds great damage.
-Zealot: boosts all melee; adds great damage.
-Trap assassin for extra/safe damage.
-Frost Zealot: Safety; CB.

JanusJones

Diabloii.Net Member
Consider this:

A Conviction pally wielding Ice bow, Dream Helm, Fortitude. Fully synergized Holy Shock and Holy Freeze.

A Sorc with maxed fire mastery wearing Hand of Justice and double Dragon.

A Sorc with maxed lightning mastery wearing double Dream.

Not really possible on reset ladder, but what a team it'd be . . .

Would you really need anything else?

Starrider

Diabloii.Net Member
First off, is this in the USEast realm? If so, I'll enter as the summoner... I just love 'em.

Reguards,
Star

jantsa87

Diabloii.Net Member
hey, this looks pretty interesting, i wouldnt mind joining up as one of the barbs, workin on a dual weilding BvC, bo isnt nething impressive but he tanks PvM very well. 5k life so far (needs sum more life scs), and hes usin beast+grief so everyone get fanat. his merc uses insight, and also has might arua. lmk

ps: this is USeast ladder right?

*joo87 those r letters

jantsa87

Diabloii.Net Member
BeefChunks said:
This is supposed to be a team for the new ladder, so you won't be able to use your barb, jantsa.

ahh, well, thats a bit different then. that barb is pretty gear dependent, so it would be tough to rm with the new ladder... plus we dont really no when the reset is. count me out for now, i may reapply as barb if nobody else does.