Uber run's single player

CanadianGhost

Diabloii.Net Member
Uber run's single player

I have this little problem about keys and Organs in single player it says that i can't open portals for uber runs any advice?:flip: :listen:

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
any advice?:flip: :listen:
Never use Impact for body text?

If you want to do the Uber quest, your best bet is to start up a character on Battle.net. As of now, there are no mods that properly simulate them, and none that aren't classified as hacks.

galtzaiLe

Diabloii.Net Member
There's a mod that work fine (i didn't test it myself but i read so), but of course we can discuss that here :p

Noodle

There's a mod that work fine (i didn't test it myself but i read so), but of course we can discuss that here :p
I'm not sure what you mean by 'work fine' but the existing mod for it is considered a hack, at least in this community. As Cattleya pointed out, the Ai is very . . off. It does not truly replicate the 'real' Ubers, and hence isn't welcomed here. If you don't plan on trading or multi-playing with anyone here, then by all means do what you wish. Just please consider that if you use the hack, you will not be able to trade with or multiplay with anyone here without working things out through a moderator. (Probably a full restart.)

- Noodle

galtzaiLe

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure what you mean by 'work fine' but the existing mod for it is considered a hack, at least in this community. As Cattleya pointed out, the Ai is very . . off. It does not truly replicate the 'real' Ubers, and hence isn't welcomed here. If you don't plan on trading or multi-playing with anyone here, then by all means do what you wish. Just please consider that if you use the hack, you will not be able to trade with or multiplay with anyone here without working things out through a moderator. (Probably a full restart.)

- Noodle
Well, my english isn't very good and i'm not good with grammar at all... i'll try to explain myself again :p

I do not use any other mod than RWM (although for trade issues i accept RRM 'tainted' items). What was i trying to say, it's that i read (while i was looking for support for installing RWM) that there're Ãœber mods that work without a problem, but i didn't test it.
By all means please do not misunderstand me, the only mod i run is RWM.

Sorry for the offtopic.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
The problem with any mod is that, according to RTB, the code is server side so the AI is only an approximation of what you will get on B-net. So as Cat said, if you want to play against the Uber's, B-Net is the place to go.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
They're not that tough anyway. Collecting the Key's and collecting the gear to build the character to battle them is the hardest and most time consuming part. If you want a challenge build a character that doesn't rely on a torch for it's killing power.

-hps

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
They're not that tough anyway. Collecting the Key's and collecting the gear to build the character to battle them is the hardest and most time consuming part. If you want a challenge build a character that doesn't rely on a torch for it's killing power.

-hps
I don't see the key collecting part as being hard nor very time consuming. If you've ever done Countess runs since 1.11, you will have noticed loads of the keys dropping. The same goes if you do the other runs (Summoner and Nihlatak iirc), just do them at players 1, or it might indeed take a while. Of course indeed if you'd play on cattlenet, you'd get a different map everytime, which might indeed lead to some time spent on searching for the keys. Still, a sorceress could teleport around and find the required superuniques quite quickly.

Edit: And I must add that I did try out the ubers, or at least the ones you get from the keys, using that mod (PlugY), I never got around to collecting all the body parts though, so have not tried uber Tristam. So yes, all my gear is tainted, but I never traded nor multiplayed anyway, I do plan on doing a giveaway someday, but that will be only gear I found with a new character starting from scratch. Anyway, although, one could use that mod to cheat, I don't consider merely installing the mod cheating, you need to make use of it actively in order to cheat. (among others one can enable an infinite stash, reassign stats and skills and so on, but you need to edit some file to enable all those options) My gear is tainted because I did go and visit the ubers a number of times, anything I found there can be considered tainted. On the other hand, the regular monsters there don't drop better than monsters in other locations (in particular I'm thinking of level85 areas, but i'm too lazy to check the stats now. Okay I was curious I did check, and it are level83 areas and regular monsters drop just like regular monsters), their AI is correct as far as I know, since they're still just frenzytaurs, maggots, and the like, albeit with nastier mods, the ubers themselves only drop the bodyparts, nothing else. So one could also view it as being along the same lines as using the runeword mod or atma, or even just rerunning areas.

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
that F***** bits the bag.....
The best post ever in relaying how bliz has shafted SP play.

I look at it this way: PvP is harder without the torch/anni, b/c it forces characters to search for other res solutions. That said, why don't people build more casters? Are they afraid of 160 res shields (or 200+ on paladins?).

crg

Zhao_Yue

Diabloii.Net Member
The best post ever in relaying how bliz has shafted SP play.

I look at it this way: PvP is harder without the torch/anni, b/c it forces characters to search for other res solutions. That said, why don't people build more casters? Are they afraid of 160 res shields (or 200+ on paladins?).

crg
Short answer is:

It's awful easy to put 2 absorb rings. Coupled with 75% resists, it's pretty much gg.
Also you can say there is not grief equivalent for casters.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Lister of Smeg said:
I don't see the key collecting part as being hard nor very time consuming. If you've ever done Countess runs since 1.11, you will have noticed loads of the keys dropping. The same goes if you do the other runs (Summoner and Nihlatak iirc), just do them at players 1, or it might indeed take a while. Of course indeed if you'd play on cattlenet, you'd get a different map everytime, which might indeed lead to some time spent on searching for the keys. Still, a sorceress could teleport around and find the required superuniques quite quickly.
First let me say that I play HC only so my responses generally assume that things are done without dieing ever.

So with the dangers of running Nihlathak, and the option to never die it could indeed take quite sometime to acquire all the keys since you basically have to build a specialized character to run him, which requires acquiring all the gear for that character which can take some time depending on your wealth. Then you of course have to run him ~100 times to get all 3 D-Keys.

So before even opening a portal we've gathered gear and built a specialized character and run 3 bosses at least 100 times each. It seems like a fairly steep time investment to me.

I should also mention that I just recently "converted" from battle.net where I have actually done all of the above, and I speak from experience when I say the actual fight with the ubers lasted maybe 5-10 minutes while the reading, researching, asking, planning, collecting of gear, building of characters, and running of bosses took more along the lines of 2 months.

-hps

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
First let me say that I play HC only so my responses generally assume that things are done without dieing ever.

So with the dangers of running Nihlathak, and the option to never die it could indeed take quite sometime to acquire all the keys since you basically have to build a specialized character to run him, which requires acquiring all the gear for that character which can take some time depending on your wealth. Then you of course have to run him ~100 times to get all 3 D-Keys.

So before even opening a portal we've gathered gear and built a specialized character and run 3 bosses at least 100 times each. It seems like a fairly steep time investment to me.

I should also mention that I just recently "converted" from battle.net where I have actually done all of the above, and I speak from experience when I say the actual fight with the ubers lasted maybe 5-10 minutes while the reading, researching, asking, planning, collecting of gear, building of characters, and running of bosses took more along the lines of 2 months.

-hps
Okay, I think the key to surviving Nihlatak would be indeed to find Nature's Peace (or any other item with the rip mod such as Lawbringer (doable), or Tyrael's Might), or alternatively play a fishymancer (which would not be nice for the Summoner) and be faster at corpse exploding. Note that I did not plan, I was just curious, I did not build a new character, just wanted to try with an old one (but never got there, though I must say that Duriel and Izzy where not exactly easy, I never encountered the other one).

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, I think the key to surviving Nihlatak would be indeed to find Nature's Peace (or any other item with the rip mod such as Lawbringer (doable), or Tyrael's Might), or alternatively play a fishymancer (which would not be nice for the Summoner) and be faster at corpse exploding.
Nihlathak and his CE's are the easy part. It's the Snakes and their poison that are hard. personally I think they would annihilate your minions in about 1.2 seconds forcing you to S&E, re-role the monsters and try again, and since Snakes are quite common down there you would have to re-role probably 1 out of 3 runes which means it would take you even longer to collect 3 d-keys

Note that I did not plan, I was just curious, I did not build a new character, just wanted to try with an old one (but never got there, though I must say that Duriel and Izzy where not exactly easy, I never encountered the other one).
The other one (Andy) is the hardest (well, the hardest hitting) of the Semi-Ubers.

Anyway, it seems like you are saying that you didn't plan your attack but just wanted to try it. Which is absolutely fine, but it appears that at the same time you are saying that you didn't try it properly, and in the end you failed. So it seems like planning (or lack there of) caused you to fail and perhaps it is the hardest part?

I donno, I guess it's not really the point of the thread anyway.

-hps

zenithsmith

Diabloii.Net Member
i found nik easy with my summoner, even the snakes were not that bad, if you have all your minions out, generally lost only 10 or so at a time, and more then enough bodies for getting more minions, revives are your friends really, only times i did die doing key runs was from nik and CE when i wasn't paying attention, but if it was HC i would have paid more attention

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't see the key collecting part as being hard nor very time consuming. If you've ever done Countess runs since 1.11, you will have noticed loads of the keys dropping. The same goes if you do the other runs (Summoner and Nihlatak iirc), just do them at players 1, or it might indeed take a while. Of course indeed if you'd play on cattlenet, you'd get a different map everytime, which might indeed lead to some time spent on searching for the keys.

44 bloody Summoner runs and still no bloody key, and not one bloody green or gold either. And its always on the last bloody compass point I choose. :rant:

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
44 bloody Summoner runs and still no bloody key, and not one bloody green or gold either. And its always on the last bloody compass point I choose. :rant:
Try to put on open wounds gear, and the keys, greens, and golds will be bloody.:rolleyes:

But seriously, that's very rare luck you have. Just checked TreasureClassEx, and although the summoner does have only a one in fiftysix chance of cropping a key (at players 1) per drop, he has 5 picks, so a chance of 1-(55/56)^5 chance of dropping a key per kill, which gets to about 1 in 11.6 kills. Although not a prime target for greens/golds, he does have a decent chance. But maybe a lot of the blues and yellows were failed sets/uniques? Did he at least drop gems and runes? Or a godly rare (the chance for which is far lower than for a green or gold)?