Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber Ready and - Zeal FPS question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by tydon, Mar 5, 2008.

1. tydon

tydon Diabloii.Net Member

Uber Ready and - Zeal FPS question

Okay - I know....everyone and there mom does these, but I haven't done the ubers before - so I am a bit nervous about the whole thing...

Planning on leveling a bit more before doing them, but hopefully will try it tomorrow...

According to my calculator I used - I need 10 ias to hit the last frame zeal and 7% for last frame smiting - just wanted to make sure that is correct.

Gear:
    Vampire Gaze
    Maras (20%)
    AP Coh
    Ravenfrost
    Rare leach ring with +5% AR
    Crafted leach/10% CB gloves (and 20 IAS)
    SOE
    Gore Riders
    Sanctuary Zak (92 res)
    Last Wish PB ( I know its not the best uber weapon )
    Res charms for the most part

1 pt smite, zeal, sach, holy shield, all that jazz...

1200 life
    With Fade from lastwish:
    270+ res for CR, FR, and LR, but only 250 for poison - will this be a problem?
    75% Blocking

I am hoping to swap a couple res charms for some life charms, and hopefully hit 1300/1400 life, but it still seems low to me - should I wait and build some more wealth to get more life?

Thanks!

*tydon

2. Copilot

Copilot Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Uber Ready and - Zeal FPS question

You can do ubers with 1000 health, as long as you are lifetapping you won't die.

Can I ask why you are using vamp gaze? You shouldn't need the lifeleech for zealing in normal pvm since you have gloves with leech, and since smite can't lifeleech it can only steal life with lifetap. You would probably be better with a kira's for more resists since you already have enough CB.

I am guessing you are going to be running salv when going up against meph? Your resists will be down low against meph if you don't.

Switching out some of the resist charms might be ok but you can always just prebuff with cta, which I think you can afford if you can afford a last wish PB and an AP CoH

3. tydon

tydon Diabloii.Net Member

From my understanding you need to have 270 (300, but 30 come from anya) resists to overcome mephisto's conviction - that is what I have been aiming for without using salvation - I will have fade though.

I honestly went with the gaze pretty much because I didn't need the resists from kiras (maybe I am wrong?) - and figured some DR couldnt hurt.

4. Copilot

Copilot Diabloii.Net Member

Well if you have 270 and mephs conviction does -125 you will be down to 45, and you said including fade your resists were 270.

5. Bjam

Bjam Diabloii.Net Member

You don't have to worry about your poison resist. It is not affected by conviction, so all you need is 175%.

Shako would be a much better helm choice with your gear. It gives some DR, but also +2 skills, loads of life, and more. You can socket it with an IAS jewel to hit your last BP.

6. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath Diabloii.Net Member

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it... With that set up, you should rip them to shreads... LW does quite well in Uber Trist, but it's rather slow on the last 1/4 of their life... What I would be more concerned about is how well you do with organ running... LW kills kinda slow in that regard...

I'd just socket the V-gaze with a jewel or an Um, depending on what you think is more important... If it was me, I'd go for the Um... But, that's just me...

*Requiem_Death

7. sorcguy

sorcguy Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with Requiem.. You'll do well. Have some full rejuvs handy until life tap kicks in. I would go around town and try to lure out meph first. Don't go into the center of town until he's dead.

Oh, and you don't need to level....