Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber portal location

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by aicoped, Oct 23, 2006.

1. aicoped

aicoped IncGamers Member

Uber portal location

I have done many uber runs and I noticed that if you spawn portals in an exct location, then you will get any one you desire. This is good for gettingrid of cheap organs you can come across. I will see people selling eye for a dey quite often. I will buy it, then spawn lilith and izzy and have myself what amounts to 2 free keys.

If you want to spawn only lilith, then go to Larzuk platform and stand exactly in the corner and face due south west. You will spawn lilith. Walk back and forth before doing this to ensure you are centered.

if you want to spawn izual, then walk almost due south east from the stash. You will see a post thatblocks your path. if you center yourself on the north side of it,You will open izual.

Forgotten sand is found easily enough by opening a portal just south of your stash and east of the wall.

They can also be "forced" in any of several other locations, so I believe thisis intentionally done in game assuming you have not spawned that one already then it rotate to the next in line. IE. if you have already opened lilith elsewhere, if you go to the exact spot i told you to, then izual will open.

The best plan though is obviously to just spawn all 3 in the same game then none of this matters.

Or if you can come across cheap organs from silly people that do not want to "waste" their time, then just hold on to them until that organ spawns last. no need to waste time trying to trade for an hour.

If you think I am wrong, then go try it until you can stand in an exact spot of your choosing and see if you can force a character. If you can not, then I do not know what to say. If you have a fairly large post count, I will trust you to show you in one of my uber runs, as I do about 10-20 a day. If you would like I would gladly show you with your own keys, and even help you run it as needed for no charge. (bigsky46{useast ladder} if u see me on) or pm me if you wish.

I have done at least 1,000 uber runs this ladder and it is ridiculously easy on so many levels, that I can not understand why unid torches go for 3-5 hr on useast ladder still.

There are cheap builds for both nith running (which for some reason is still worth 2 other keys, or even 3 terror if you are willing towait a fewminutes). There are very cheap smiter guides. On top of that, It only take 1-1.5 hours to get enough keys to run the ubers with even a crappy hdin build, let alone a godly one. but that is getting way off topic.

2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I'll give this a try next uber run I do. I doubt it will work(I'm just cynical that way), but it couldn't hurt.:grin:

3. Black Market

Black Market IncGamers Member

Yeah maybe it was for devellopment testing.
    Devellopers often sets hidden hotspots to do their testing to save time.

If it works it's a nice find you got there.

4. ael

ael IncGamers Member

:shocked:

Thats some big news if that works for sure. Have you actualy tested that? I gotta try that the next time.

5. aicoped

aicoped IncGamers Member

I have tested this many times for one reason.

People always seem to havea glut of baals eyes. this indicated to me that the spawning was not random, but done insome kind of location order.

I noticed that people tended to make their first portal near the stash first. This area has a high Forgotten sands density, hence more baal's eyes.

My next thing was to try and find several key locations that would not spawn baals eye. I found them by trying easy to duplicate spots, but any given location on the map appears to always spawn the same thing everytime.
    (this is,imo, why it has to be done in act 5)

So now all my friends and I are aware of this, we are constantly getting baals eyes on the cheap to:
    a. save "money.
    b. save time as we do not need to run that boss.{yes I know that is only a minute or so, but still}

the desired locations are fairlyprecise, but I can consistantly nail them, and have forced either lilith izzy or duriel first depending on who needed what for several weeks in a row now.

I would have mentioned this sooner, but I "quit" about 4 months ago and only started again about 1 months ago, so i had forgotten all about it.

6. k/t

k/t Banned

I would like a demonstration. Just to see exactly where you stand and which way you face.

I'll whisper you the next time I'm on.

7. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Maybe screenshots, too?

This would be interesting, but kind of reminds me of things like: a) using a full tomb before creating the cow portal, and b) repairing the hellforge hammer.

8. aicoped

aicoped IncGamers Member

For the izual one you are facing due south and for lilith I face directly into the corner of the 2 stairs that meet on larzuk platform.

The next time you get a set of keys just go to the corner of those stairs and face towards the corner while standing in the corner and cube it. You will get lilith.

I do not know how to make screenshots/ get them to this page. I am sorry.

This may seem like another rumor thread, but if you check my posts, I am not the one to say something like this without backing it up.

In the past i have taken time to explain nith running/ make a accurate torch guide, and various other things. i put this out to help those that always seem to have an extra eye.

If my method were not to work, which it does, then you just wait until you spawn the other two first and just do not spawn the last one.

I can not believe no one has tried this since posting it.

It costs you nothing to try my method on your next uber run. just do it. report back results.

9. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Instead of moving around to change the way you are facing, can you hold shift (holds you in place) and use the mouse to do it?

10. aicoped

aicoped IncGamers Member

I personally just run back and forth until I end up in the right spot and direction, but your method seems like it should work. i will be doing some uber runs tommorrow when I get off of work (I am away from diablo for 36 hours).

11. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I don't think the game registers a Shift-Click to change direction, as I know that other people cannot see the change. On the other hand, moving back and forth to change direction I know is registered because obviously other people can see that.

I might go out and get a Key Set just to check this...

12. ael

ael IncGamers Member

To take a screenshot simply press your PrintScreen key on your keyboard. Then a jpg file will be saved in your d2 folder with the current frame. After that you could simply upload it to www.imageshack.us and post the link here.

13. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

No offence, but if something sounds like BS and smells like BS it most likely is BS. :wink3: Nevertheless I will give it a try, as I´m curious. Screenshot would help however.

14. ael

ael IncGamers Member

If that bs is gonna proove to be true than it will prolly get a sticky.

15. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I remember this guy is knowledgeable (or at least not stupid enough to make soemthing like this up), so try to not rag on him right away. I would try this but i stopped the whole key running thing and 2 hr are more important for my character development.

I think if someone just shows up to two organset runs and he says "bam, lilith" and it happens would get rid of the bs talk.

16. SuLyMaN

SuLyMaN Banned

Has this been tested out yet?

I am damn sure tho that if you have 9 keys, and use them in the same game, you will open the 3 levels needed to get the 3 different organ parts for uber tristram

17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That hasn't been doubted. If you have 3 sets, you won't need a certain organ from a single keyset or two because it works as you wrote. In addition, if you have single organs, you can as well store them until you have the other organs from the frst 1-2 keysets in a future organ retrieval.

However, it's more convenient to produce certain portals just as you like instead of carrying around incomplete organ sets which you have for whatever reasons.

18. SuLyMaN

SuLyMaN Banned

I still dont know if you can choose to spawn a particular portal as the author claims it :)

19. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

I am in work at the moment but I have a set of keys ready for the mini ubers tonight. Since I see no harm in trying this out as I will be opening 3 portals anyway, can you just be a little more specific on the directions you indicate. Looking at the screen the orientations is in an isometric view so am I to understand that your North is positioned to the upper right hand corner of the screen, with South to the lower left of the screen.

Might seem obvious but little details count. :)

20. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

That´s why I´d like to see some sceenshots. Makes testing easier and more reliable. Testing this, no harm will be done, if you plan to open all three portals anyway.