Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber gear (runewords), legit? Opinions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Keaka26, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Uber gear (runewords), legit? Opinions

Ive been thinking, with ALL the enigmas, CTAs, CoHs, BotD, Beasts etc etc floating around there, you start to think , "WTF?! How can so many people have gotten so many of these uber rare runes? Some of these runewords were made by blizzard to be very powerful, but supposed to be very rare.

This brings me to the question:

How many people do you think (percentage wise) used a duped rune to make their runewords? For example, Zod, being the most rare rune, you are only supposed to see ONE zod for 144,000 El runes. Yeah, I see like 10 Els a day, but still, thats a lot of days before Id technically see one Zod drop. Yet they are somewhat common and its general consensus that to get one, it will be most likely a duped one.

In any given pub dueling game, I see no less than 2 enigmas, sometimes every person but me will have one. The odds of getting the runes for enigma are very slim. So would you say that say maybe 60% or more of enigmas used a duped rune?

When I found an Ohm, people who wanted to trade me wanted to make double sure that I found it and didnt get it from someone or whatever. Obviously not wanting a duped rune.

So lets hear what you guys have to say, because I'd really like to know.

Keaka

2. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

I'd say 80-90% of the runewords are made of duped ingredients.

3. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Sweet jeeeezus...Thats even worse than I thought...Wow.

Thats why I cant believe people buy runes on Ebay, they HAVE to be duped. Theres no way a person could have like 10 Jahs for sale and had found them legit...

4. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Well, there were a duping sesion last December or so, like a month and a half since 1.10 was released, runes were massively dupped then and, with the upgrading cube thing, werent deleted by storm rush.

Just to point,as Green says, its a fact 90% of high runes are made of duped ingredients.

5. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Thats very disappointing. It ruins the economy and also ruins the game. Tons of uber items and runes circulate, meaning if you play legit, its very difficult to compete with everyone else whos got an illegitimate enigma or CTA or HotO or whatever....

Imagine if there were no dupes. There might be a lot more variation in PvP, finding a Jah rune would be insane godly (since MF doesnt increase rune drops)....Youd actually be excited to see enigma or BotD in a game...The game might be closer to what blizzard intended.

[rant] Oh, and botters ruin everything too [/rant]

6. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Although most runes are in fact duped, remember on ladder engima is the standard also, and there has been less duping there. It IS possible. Finding a jah is no more rare than getting 10 elemenal skills with 30+ life by any stretch.

The best find/trade for the best gear and there are a lot of people playing this game each day.

Garbad

7. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Yes, but 10 elemental skill charms (maybe not perfect 30 life) is much more likely to be legit. Think about it. You can get pgems pretty easily in trades, find grand charms in high level areas, and re-roll the GCs till you get something good, even if you get the wrong +skill charm, theres always people willing to do a 1:1 trade for their GCs. Im told re-rolling is very profitable. In addition to just re-rolling your own charms, there are other players re-rolling charms, as well as actually finding them, and finding just one life + skill GC isnt anywhere as rare as a Jah. Enigma is only standard because everyone dupes high runes. It would be an exception, not a standard otherwise.

8. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

With my previous post i was just talking about ladder, were I play. 90% of ladder runes are dupped (one dupping session in less than 5 months of ladder is in fact a lot dupped stuff around). All we know that. Talking about non-ladder, 99.99 of high runes are dupped.All we know that too.

9. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I made Eternity and I would bet the Ber is duped in it. The Sur, is a maybe. Not a big one on the dupers list. Ist drops enough that I bet that it is more 50% or less duped.

Vex = Can be found more easily compared to others, prob 30-60% range
    Ohm = Wasnt a big duper choice but still 30-60%
    Lo = Most likely to be legit
    Sur = Same as Lo
    Ber = 80%+
    Zod = 90%+
    Jah = 70%-80%+
    Mal = No
    Ist = 50% or less
    Gul = No
    Cham = Minimal duping to none

~Kbob

10. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

The point is those skills with life charms are roughly equal in scarcity to a high rune, and people don't bat an eye at them. Yes runes are almost always dupes, but people do find legit ones.

I had a pvm friend back in 09 who found 2 ber in less than 2 months, just running cows.

More proof is SUR runes in 09 (when they were more rare than 1.10). No one ever used or duped them them but there were still some floating around.

Garbad

11. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

nice new Sig Garbad.

I mean, if there had to be something duped, I would rather see runes. If items are duped or mass bots, then when you do find an item, they are worth less and less as time goes on. It used to be a shako could get easily get you a nice rune on lad, but now it's dropped down to mal or um.

Be happy with what we got...

at least no 4 socketed templars or tyreals might and everyone has one :scared:

~Kbob

12. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

If this is talking about ladder its probably fairly accurate (except the Vex and Ohm, both being used in popular runewords would have been duped more than that.)

If it non ladder than its fairly wrong. In 09 all duped runes were carried over into 1.10 meaning heaps of Cham's and Ist's and Ohm's (all of top value back then) would have been carried over too. There would have also been alot less Vex's because only a few people realised that they would be a huge dependency in the 1.10. The rest is pretty sound though, I'd say good estimate for the others.

13. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

Cham and Lo have been duped alot back in 1.09 FYI. :p

14. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

There must have been a few legit zods/jahs for them to be duped. o_O

4 sock templars??? WHERE!?!?!?