Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

UBER Frenzy Barb needs help

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Thatboyderek, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Thatboyderek

Thatboyderek IncGamers Member

UBER Frenzy Barb needs help

i need help for weopon choices for my uber frenzy. my friends tell me to go with dual ebotd zerkers but none of them have ever played a barb so i thought i'd come here and get some help.

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

By uber frenzy, do you mean a frenzybarb set up to do the ubers, or just a really good frenzier?

I've built a double-ebotdz barb before. Once you get frenzy charged and going, if you have 50% ias on your gear outside of the ebotd's, you'll get the 5 frame swing, which is the fastest that a frenzybarb can get. I used nos coil/highlord/laying of hands to acheive this. For pvm, it worked quite well, but I wouldn't have dreamt of taking it into ubers.

For ubers, I'd suggest using a silence in your second hand, for the massive resists... it'll slow your killing speed, but open up a bunch of other options. Using duress armor, for instance, which is a good start for crushing blow. Gore riders, as well. I'd also probably sacrifice the benefits of arreat's face for an um'ed or ort'ed guillaime's face, too. That's 65% crushing blow altogether, which is respectable. You'll still have to watch your resists, though.

3. Thatboyderek

Thatboyderek IncGamers Member

i mean frenzy barb set up for ubers and with my armor set up i have full resist in hell already Arreats, Dungos, dracs, gores, COH, ravenfrost, highlords, and dual echoing on swap. thats my armor. Don't think i need a full make over I hope

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Full resists is one thing. Mephisto packs conviction, however. You really want to try and stack to deal with that, so that you have 125% resist over max, at least in lightning. Personally, I'd probably just switch out the offhand ebotd for a silence, and since you have such a large life pool (presumably) as a barb, let dracs handle the rest. You'd at least be in the positives.

Then again, if you carry a life tap wand and smack Meph with a charge from it off the bat, you should still be fine anyway.

5. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

The strongest Frenzy weaps are beast + LW or Death and they certainly are the top choices for uber trist,

The reason why beast is the key part of the combo as it importantly has the 40 ias + the fana aura which will add ias, ar + dmg as well as important cb.

As Cb and DS is wot helps kill the ubers fast as much of this is needed and usfull.

Lastwish works well cuz of the ability to cast fade, huge cb and improtantly the lifetap which u will need vs uber to stay alive as well as the might aura and good ed adding high dmg.

Good to use if u want glove slot flexable

Death is also a top choice, 50% CB, upto 49% DS, high dmg.

U will need dracs if u use this weap for the lifetap.

armour CoH works esecially if ur struggling for res, Forti is a better choice for the high dmg all res as well and Duress is usefull for Cb + the OW to slow life regen on the ubers and res mods.

Helm vs mephisto kira helm is good for the res stack but again it matters with the weapon cuz u could always prebuff fade either with the Treachery armour or LW, giving a lvl 15 fade which lasts for 5 mins giving 15% dr as well as 60 all res and 8x% curse reduction.

Guilleme's face is the best vs the rest of the other ubers as it gives huge cb + DS.

Gores or goblin toes are standard boots for the cb or gores gives the ds+ cb + ow.

Gloves if u do not use last wish u will need dracs to cast lifetap cuz u cannot relly to much on a lifetap wand as every so often u would have to stop to recast etc. If u use laste wish u could even go for steels depending on ur str for the cb and little ed.

Highlords always the ias 1 skil and 3x% Ds it offers is needed as well as the nice light res and 2 ravens as u need the CBF mod and it provides nice abs as well as the attack ratting needed.