Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

uber diablo

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Tyndareus, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Tyndareus

Tyndareus IncGamers Member

uber diablo

how do you find him and where is he ... i need all the info plz .. .thx :drool:

2. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

It's basically luck which makes the clone appear in your game. I've been playing for a long time, in hell MFing and havent even seen the 'SOJ to merchants' counter. My friend did his first MF run in hell a week ago and was lucky enough for the clone to appear in his game!

A useful trick is to make a passworded game and leave your character in the game over night, and hopefully in the morning 'diablo walks the earth'....

3. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

Heh, the chance of you not getting dropped/disced is slim to none. But the selling of sojs has sorta brought the chance of DC to my perspective/ I have sold about 20 sojs total and i have done it with many friends. I only got unlucky once when he didnt come. But now i have 2 annihilius's to be proud of.

O yes what you also forgot to mention is that he ( diablo clone spawns to the nearest superuniqe monster a player is next to. ( eldritch Treehead Woodfist Rakinushu and many more.) Just remember resists and abosrb own Dc so have fun. :winner:

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

In order to leave the game over night, you have to find a spot in the game where your character is constantly running. Find one of these spots, usually its against a gate/door that needs to be opened.

If you don't do that, you'll get disconnected for idling within 20/30 minutes.

5. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Will someone please explain this to me? I've been playing on B.net for about six months and have never so much as seen someone else's SOJ let alone found one. I play a fair amount, average 2-6 hrs a day. First question is how do people "find" all these SOJs considering the rarity of the drop. Second question is why in the world would anyone in their right mind sell one to a vendor? It's without doubt one of the hottest items in the game. If I owned more than two I'd certainly give them to my friends at the least or trade them. For that matter a conservative estimate puts 20 SOJs at $15 ea./$300 on eBay. What's the deal?

GB

6. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Back in the old days huge amounts of sojs were duped and they still exist. Those are all non-ladder of course and there sojs are very common because of this. Ladder is completely different story.

7. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Ahh, well maybe so then. Non-ladder. I've got Ladder tunnel vision. I forget about non-ladder. Still why sell one to a vendor? What's that accomplish? It can't be worth much in gold so that's not a reason. An Anni is worth less than 4k gold to a vendor so SOJ must be less.

GB

8. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

It's simply because they want the uber diablo to spawn and selling sojs until the counter reaches certain amount is supposed to be the key to spawn him so they're selling the excess sojs which aren't too valuable tradewise.

9. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Comon, it's fairly common knowledge that the SOJ counter has nothing to do with D Clone appearance. Can they be that deluded?

GB

10. BoneBender

BoneBender IncGamers Member

Wrong.. the SOJ counter DOES have an affect on the diabloclone!!
    ask Dredd on this forum, he did a huge test on this, sold hundreds of sojs i think, and SC walked many times on that ip the soj`s were sold..

11. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

It must be true, I've never sold a soj and I've never seen dc ;)

I did delete my non-ladder chars which carried some sojs which were all duped probably. I could have tested it but i didn't think of it.

I'm now the proud owner of 2 sojs on the ladder but they are worth a lot so I'm not going to sell them ;)

12. Damon_Othello

Damon_Othello IncGamers Member

If you have any doubts or questions about the D Clone go here.

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=152361&highlight=dclone

This thread really should be stickied, but it basically proves what's going on. And if you don't believe in sojs sales, I know of a few websites and groups who find servers, go together and sell a bunch till he appears, each person alternating. In otherwords, if there are 7 people going out together to get D clone, they each sell every 7 times till he appears using the counter as their way to tell when it is their turn.

13. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

Actually all my sojs I FOUND so they were not duped if it makes you feel any better and Soj techinically dont need to be sold to make Dc appear but it makes it more probable that he will come witht he sojs counter... just my 2 cents. :idea: