Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber-Cheap PK builds?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kev_Dawg5150, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Kev_Dawg5150

Kev_Dawg5150 IncGamers Member

Uber-Cheap PK builds?

I recently attempting to make a PK character. I started yesterday and got killed today, so it wasn't much of a run. Thing is, I -barely had- the equipment for a disposadin (practically made the thing untwinked) and that got killed with no loot. So now I have less than enough equipment to even make another PvM'er, and I don't really have the time to do endless runs to find any specific items.

The question I pose is this: Is it at all possible to build a PK with... well. practically no items? And I mean working as if I just started playing: No sets, uniques, rares, or items that can be obtained in Hell (seeing as how not a single one of my characters has made it there). Y'know... Just assume that any item you may propose to use will be utterly impossible to obtain or trade for.

Bah... Why don't I just go back to softcore? ><;

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

yes! Barry made a post about it... the disposadin.

3. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Well, I could think of 2 ways:

A naked lvl 24 paladin with a bonesnap. 1 bonesnap needed.
    A naked necro ~lvl 24-30 with a monster golem and a monster merc. 2 high dmg weapons and a teleport staff needed for this build.

4. Kev_Dawg5150

Well, the snapper is out of the question to begin with. I took a look around with my sorc, and I finally found a teleport staff. Problem is that I can't afford the damn thing, seeing as I only have little above 30k gold. So now I can't even -BUY- items for a character...

5. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

Find a magic pike with 100ish damage max. Use socket quest on it (if you can) and put ith runes into it. Get some socketed armor and put rubies or flawless rubies into it. Same with helm. Maybe get some rings with AR and an ammy with stats, or if you have them, use angelic rings+ammy.

Make a paladin, level him to 15, and put all that gear onto him. 1 point in charge rest into might. Then go hunting.

.. and voila, dirt cheap pk.

-Relativity

6. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

summon necro with maxed skele/mastery nd an iron golem made out of some eth elite weapon. of course dont forget tele ammy.

kicksin mid lvl, all you need is ik boot or gore riders... basically.

lvl 50 ish foh pally, just max synergies and foh. wear da crappiest gears, dont really matter.

firedruid! you could use alot of good gears, but once again anything like a fast weapon/twitch armour/sigons pieces will do.

7. Kev_Dawg5150

I don't quite think you have the jist of it. I don't even have sigon's pieces availible (hell, I don't think I have any on ANY of my characters).

I think I have any ok pike (can't remember lvl req), no iths to use, and getting rubies/frubies may be a chore (I might be able to pull it off). I lost what few max jewels I had on that disposadin, so meeting the 'standard' requirements is all but unfathomable. If someone could come up with some sort of untwinked, low level build, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

I may give the disposadin another try. But I'm wondering if I should even bother with PvP if I'm struggling with gear for THAT?

EDIT: Checked the pike I had. Lvl 19 req. DX
    I can't afford to keep shopping with only 30k. :( Is it at all possible to come up with something cheaper?

8. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Right. Here is what you are going to do:

First, I assume you have a char, level 40, in normal. If not then grab your highest, bring him to act 5 normal and do this:

Kill eldritch
    Kill shenk
    Kill the council in act 3 normal

Grab any armors, wands and scepters, orbs and staves, and any rare items. Sell anything that you don't need (if its not a GOOD rare, a set, uni or good weapon, i.e. suited for pk). If you can also include pindle in the runs. This will get you some more XP (in fact, you can level from 30 to 40 really quick) and above all GOLD! You can get 400K quite efficiently, even at this low a level, with a few runs, and you'll find some usefull items as well.

While you are at it, every time you come to act 5 stop and check our Smith. If Mr Smith has a pike of 90-100 damage then you buy it. If he has a belt of +20 life, buy it. Etc, etc. Do not waste any socket quests on the pike, you're making a disposadin after all. Any crap charms you can find you also stick on the pally. Any good charms go to your reserves for decent chars.

Easy, good for xp, items and gold, and in between you can assemble a pk-er.

9. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah, kev..the way I see it you need to put some effort into it: e.g: Levelling and making gold. You wont get a lv 1 PKer :lol:

So by the way you made your way to lv 25, it takes even less time to get that character to any other lv in the 30-50 range (and in pubbies at Baal, ppl leave all sorts of things on the ground, even sets and low uniques). It is quite easy to make 25k to 100k in a Baal run, just need 4 orbs, sceptres, barb helm, wands with the right mods.

BTW TP ammy: lv 48 - TP staff lv 24.

10. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

You cannot be too lazy if you want to PK. Look at Mr.Bush, his hair has gone all gray/white these few years. But hey, he's got thousands of Irqi ears.

I have Windhammer and Bloodtree for you. They are at least good iron golem material. You can also pick some 1-pgem items from my list.
    http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=164525

Wispher me at *Shadoway. I won't try to find you because I am giving you free stuff, not vice versa.

11. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

O ya Shadoway, how did you get the pgem estimate for those things? I heard about a bot that does it for you on west. Does anyone know the name of that bot. I am so bad with trading =-(

12. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

What?! You don't need a bot to know trade prices. Bots are for MF(and I don't use them).

I just roughly estimate their prices and drop the price if an item collects too much dust.

13. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, no bots involved. (im a terrible trader too... i just go on what its worth to me, if he feels like he ripped me off, but I am happy with what I got, good deal to me!)

-Matt

14. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

QUICK TIP: Go into cows games, wait. After everyone leaves go into the red portal. Collect things to sell, use, or trade. It has worked wonders for me and it helps to perm mules.

15. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

No! Never wait. Run right through with them first so you know the red tp isn't trapped.

16. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

I disagree, in a good cow run there wont be any cows left at the end. I also dont like the idea of the portal opening in a random place. I guess to each his own. <IF your post was sarcastic...sorry, I can never tell>

17. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

level 14 kicksin

I've been horsing around with the kick damage formula

and all of that. I finally made one with nothing but utter crap gear just to test it out in pvm and see what it was like.

well.... its fast. VERY freaking fast. Makes my zealot look slow. the damage sucks but I worked up some numbers and even if I put good eqiupment on it the damage would still be suck and i'd be risking good equment every time i fight.

you dont need anything really for leveling up. mine uses a steel runeword scimitar and level 1 BoS to get the best framerate kick. Dont know what the breakpoint is or anything and dont care really its insane tho.

I made it level 14 just becuase i had a crappy vidala's boots on a mule and figurred it would be a good way to get rid of it. Thats the most expensive thing but any light plate boots would be as good. I'm making a new one tonight that will use plate boots.

the guides make it sound like you have to really pump the strength to get a good damage. not true at the low levels. at low levels its all about the boots and the skill damage. so you can get rougly the same (crappy) damage if you get barely the str for the boots and pump your life as much as you can with flawed/chipped rubies.

the way to sort of go 'expensive' with this build would be to add as many good elemental damage charms/other items as possible. could prolly double my current pvp damage by having a backpack full. but i dont really need to. everything ive hostiled so far has had to quit (except one necro who died) and its funny to see.

so this is my vote for the easiest pk char to make on a budget

UH6

18. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Incorrect. I don't have the math with me atm, but I can assure you that Strength WILL increase your damage to incredibly high levels, even at low levels. A level 14 kicker with 170 str will do 30 PvP dam per kick, whereas the 70 str (for the boots) will do oh IIRC about 15-20. Quite the difference.

19. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

Lol

dude. we are talking about a CHEAP build!! :rant:

sorry but you aint getting no 170 str on a level 14 with cheap stuff. But yeah you are talking an extra 100 str to get 10 more pvp points. if you are using only magic items and low grade gems im saying you will get more out of rubies than amathysts. also i dont see how with the 170 str you will have any decent life so if you want to put all that really nice equipment on a char thats gonna die to a charge at some point....

Cheap man cheap!!

20. Kyar

Kyar IncGamers Member

What makes a massive difference is keeping all cheap charms that do 1-5 lit dmg and so on. They can add a good 100 dmg.