Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ubbers and barbs...again

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Lixo, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Lixo

Lixo IncGamers Member

Ubbers and barbs...again

Im planing to do ubbers with my frenzy barb sometime soon, and theres some things i need to now. I've already read lots of topics here, but i dont remember two things:

whats the item that a barb can use that can cast decrepify on enemies? if any
    and...about the resists against mephisto, should i only boost lightning? I mean, if my resists are like -10 -10 +75 -10 against him, im okay?

The reason for those questions is that i i'll problably be using highlords due to it 35% lightning resist(and of course, cause i already got it :laugh: ), so wont be able to use atma(no amp for me), and thats why im thinking about decrep

2. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

IMO you should forget about decreptify your gonna need life tap.

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Agreed. You're going to need life tap, so just give up on Atma. Keep the Highlord's Wrath instead for the deadly strike/lit resist.

-Hal

4. Lixo

Lixo IncGamers Member

You were right. I really needed life tap.
    I got the 3 keysets and could not wait anymore to try, so in the end i died 3 times(1 for D and 2 for Meph) at lvl 91...and yes i had exp.
    Lilith was really harder than izzy and duriel, and baal was the most resistant one.

I should't have done it, since i still need lots of charms and a good off hand weapon(i use ebotd zerk and uniq tomahawk:rolleyes: ). Also, i thought it was going to be kind of easy, since i could beat every other monster in the game rather easy, and 'couse of that, i ended up looking for juvs most of the time -_-

Anyway, a 17/17 sorc torch dropped, and it couldnt be better, since it was the one i needed ^^

ty all 4 your help

5. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

cool im making an ik barb to try against the ubers dont think theres a chance he will do it but still itll be fun :p

6. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

IK? =X

Oh, no sir. That will not be fun.

7. minizx

minizx IncGamers Member

lol im sure it will my paladin got absolutly own last time i tried but funny as hell :D

8. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

This is an interseting thread, more so the replies than the actual thread starter..
    At lvl 96, im still fine tuning my frenzy barb to take on ubers with NO lifetap at all.
    The direction im now taking him, is to utilize decrepify, for the 50% reduction the ubers deal, and whatever damage is dealt to me, is reduced further by the physical damage reduction via the items I'm wearing, aka Strings, CoH, Ber'ed Arreats, and anything else i can find, maybe even fade from Treachery prebuff.
    The point of all this is to wear as much life leech items aswell, plus the 50% slower to enemies, (reduces enemies attacks by a further 50%) and the final point, the -50% to enemies physical resists, which, a) increases your life leech, and b) increases your damage.

To accomplish this, im still building him up to over 6000 hitpoints, which is effectively a frenziers shield.

It is possible to do this without lifetap, and once he's built right, will kill ubers faster, than a build using lifetap for safety.

Ill post up my item selections sometime... plus his stats|life|attack rating |defence etc ...