Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ubber Zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GSX, May 13, 2008.

1. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

Ubber Zealot

hi everyone, i guess theres already a character designed as a zealer, but as far as ive seen its made for PVP (Player VS Player), so one day i decided to make a Zealot, but as a ubbers killer and so far ive got no complains about him, he can do as much dmg as a hammerdin and also its a fun play, so now illd describe my char, even though so far ive not fight agains any ubber, im still trying to get my gear done, so heres the skills and stats at lvl 82:

20 fanatism
    20 holy shield
    20 zeal
    20 sacrifice
    and now raising defiance

its a normal zealot build, but u can try and max smite over defience, by lvl 99 u should have a 19 lvl smite or even 20 ive not make the maths yet but still u can...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTRIBUTES

STR: 65
    DEX: 100
    Energy: none
    vita: rest of points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

now for the gear, its a little expensive but with some good friends and time u can get it:

Weapon #1: Grief Phase Blade

Note: why a phase blade? cause im more like pallys should use swords, lol, u can always use a berserker axe or an ettin axe which will give u a higher max damage, my phase blade makes 1042-1433 dmg, with an axe i should be doing around 3k max damage, so its up to you and ur likes.

Weapon #2: Call to arms

Note: i guess i dont have to tell u why u should be using a call to arms, try it to be +6 to battle orders.

Armor: chains of honor / enigma

chains of honor: as the ubber killers since it gives +200% damage to demons

enigma: for mfing and runes hunting

shield #1: ethereal pally shield with 65% enhanced damage exile

Note: using exile for defience aura and lifetap curse

shield #2: any spirit

Note: +2 to battle orders

gloves: laying of hands bramble mitts

Note: +350% damage to demons

Belt: string of ears

Note: 8% life stolen per hit

Boots: gore riders

helm: u can either choose a crown of ages of guilleum

Note: for crown of ages, get it socketed 2 and put 2 diamond jewels (give +50 attack rating to demons & +40% damage to demons) and for guilleum, just use ur act 5 socket quest and put a diamond jewel in it

amulet: highlords Wrath

Ring 1 & 2: raven frost ring

u need anni and pally torch, and a lot of resist all charms.

any questions are welcome and suggestions too.

2. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

Re: Ubber Zealot

I would say that looks alot like the 1pt smiter guide to uber tristam. But hey thats just me.

3. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

well as i said, there must be another one like this, but well i just made one pally and raised zeal lol, most of my gear its like the standard gear in diablo, and as i said its like other chars

4. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

Just so you know you can't life leech off of the ubers, all you can do is Life Tap them. which is a big difference.

Also most use a Phaseblade because its indestructable and the +damage from grief is what is doing the damage not really the base damage on the weapon.

You don't need a Anni or PTorch, they are not necessary.

You only need 1 Ravenfrost, the other can be a resist ring.

1 last point, I didn't really add it up but how do you plan on equiping a COA with only 65 points into str? but even a CoA is overkill for the ubers

5. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

well, i was aiming for coa, but ill be using the guilleum now, as it gives me crushing and deadly strike, i may be able to cut them life faster,

im using anni and torch cause of the +skills, + resistances and + attributes

now about my weapon all phase blades are indestructible
    my grief gives +152 damage to demons based on char lvl
    im using 2 raven frost rings cause +40 to dext and +500 attack rating

and about str i got enough to wear an archon plate, which is the armor ill be using, and thx for remembering me bout the str for coa, im lvl 82 so if i do want to wear it i should begin raising my str more...

even though im thinking on using a natures peace, so mosnters cant heal back, and cant be used as corpse explosion and cant be raised back or a carrion wind may be useful since with my gear i can reduce enemies poison resistance

now what u mean by overkill for ubbers?

6. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Enchanted damage to demons does not work with smite, so its quite pointless to stack so much of ed vs. demons.

7. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

I could kill the ubers with half of the gear you listed there. The ubers are not that difficult.

and yes as ambid says ed vs. demons doesn't work against them.

Your second ring should either be a BK for +1 skills and life or a nice rare with +str, resists, ect.

The stat on Grief that is nice is the +350-400 damage added. well there are others but that is the main one.

And the only way I would wear a Torch/Anni is if I cant get stacked resists without them.

8. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

ok, im not using smite, as i said if people want can raise smite instead of defiance... i use zeal, all the ed agains demons its so i can make a lot of dmg, i think i may be doing around 7k dmg to demons at least, i know that andy dies with about 6 to 10 hits, and i think ill be using the natures peace ring, ill try it, still i said i like coh cause of the demons ed, i can kill quick all the bossess.

ok now, my +700 dmg against demons, wont work agains ubbers if im using zeal?

9. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

It does work with zeal.

But using zeal againts the uber three ain't that good idea.

Firstly they got high defense and theyr high level, you need to have really high attack rating to get good chance to hit vs. them.
    Secondly the uber three always spawns minions and zeal targets every monster around you, out of 5 zeal hits, 1 might hit the uber if your lucky.

10. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Hmm 1pt smiter guide is a good answer for your question imo, u dont need more than 1pt smite vs everything, even in pvp, good zealot with 1 pt smite beats most smiters, I did...

11. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

I find it really hard to bealive that 1 pt smiter would stand a chance in svs duel. Why would it, what advance it have over pure smiter?

12. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I've read the entire thread.

The guide and the gear you posted would discourage the person that NEEDS a guide.

I mean... come on... Anni, Torch? If you have them why Uber?

Anyhow the title does say "Ubber Zealot" so I guess your char is the "Uber", then it makes sense to put Anni, torch, Enigma, CTA CoA, CoH, etc...
    Some people here misunderstood your guide for a 1pt Smiter for ubers, while you actually "zeal" the ubers to death.

As for 1 pt smiter vs 20 pt smiter.... and the same gear.. (conder taking 10 pts from zeal, and 9 pts from sacrifice) so they are same level.

The 20 pt zmite would definately win, IMO (extra damage, and MORE stun time!)

13. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Smite lvl doesent make so big difference, imo its down to 2 things:
    1. Weapon range, grief pb = ezpk (I used grief ba)
    2. skills, thats how u duel..

and ofcourse other equipment

14. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

well i guess i didnt explain my self well, and as alex says its just a char i made focused to kill ubbers, not to get a torch lol

im just trying to get another way to kill monsters, this guy can move quick with nigma and kills fast, i can even say as fast as a hammerdin this char its more like for mfing but i wanna get to fight the ubbers and see woots good u kno

15. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

I just think that you will need 1 point into smite to do the ubers. I just don't see you getting enough hits in with all the minions rolling around.

But hey maybe I don't know anything.

16. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Uh... the ubers (note the single 'b') drop a torch when you kill the last one. It's the main reason for killing them.

You can say what you like, but you're wrong. Your zealot has very low FCR. Zealots != mfers.

17. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

:S so now ive got a zeleot that works for?... at the end, most of my gear its a common gear, kinda hard to get are the runewords, but they are a need, even though i can use lightsaber... well i just posted my zealot, i like it, he kills even faster than my hammerdin, now im planning on making smiter, fohrer, auradin...

haha yesterday, was one of those days ure swearing to god u wont play again since its been a week and u have just found 1 gul rune (and it was because of my forge :( ) a guy came and gave me a vex for some items i thought i was carrying for no use, and i got my self a 38 hoto :) and for my ubber luck the last game before i get some sleep andy smiles at me and when she dies she threw me an eth hoz (680 def) i was like oh man after a month working i got a gul, hoto and hoz... im kinda happy but at the same time sad, i need a zod or i wont be able to use my hoz :(, im even planning on buyin it

my zealots actual gear:

helm: guilleams
    weapon: Grief Phase Blade
    shield: Spirit Monarch
    Gloves: Laying Of Hands
    Belt: String of Ears
    Boots: Gore Riders
    armor: nothing (my nigma its on my hammerdin, now trying to get my coh)
    ring #1 & #2: Raven Frost
    amulet: Highlords Wrath

no torch, no anni... but would like an anni for resistances

also, ive got this charms on my hammerdin:

25 poison damage over 6 secs + 4 to all resistances small charm
    50 poison damage over 6 secs Grand Charm
    100 poison damage over 6 secs + 7% faster run walk Grand Charm
    5% faster hit recovery small charm

what are they worth? o i know i should be using them with my zealot, but also would like to know what i can get for them.

18. GSX

GSX IncGamers Member

and now my idea for a fohrer:

gear:

helm: dream
    weapon: hoto/cta
    shield: dragon/spirit
    belt: arach
    gloves: upped frost burns
    boots: war travelers
    armor: nigma?(im sorry i like to use teleport a lot)
    rings: soj's
    amulet: maras
    anni, torch

merc: first act ice rogue
    weapon: runeword ICE
    armor: fort
    helm: dunno

---------------------------------------------------------------------

skill points:

17 pre req points

20 foh
    20 holy shock
    20 holy shield
    20 conviction
    13 defiance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dunno if theres already a build like this, but i like it and ill test it, even though thats a very expensive gear (i need around 7 runewords) but its like havin an auradin with fohrer at the same time... when i get home imma build it... cheers

19. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

I have a few comments regarding your gear:

Why Monarch spirit? If you want spirit use a pally shield with base resists, so u won't need anni anymore.

why 2 ravenfrosts? You only need one actually.

I can trade u a griz armor for a ravenfrost :azn:

20. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Why would you need Laying of Hands? You already meet the max zeal bp with Fanaticism and a Grief Phase Blade (regardless of stats), so the IAS is wasted. Why would you use a Monarch shield Spirit for a paladin - and why Spirit on a zealot anyway?

You might want to read some more guides.

Trade forums are that way --->