Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

U.S National Women’s Soccer Team – Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KillerAim, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerAim

KillerAim Diabloii.Net Member

I’m very curious about how you all (especially you non-yanks) feel about the recent actions of our World Cup winners.

Here are my thoughts.

· I understand that score differential in a factor in determining who advances in the tournament, so I have no problem with the team scoring 13 goals against Thailand. -- I DO have a major problem with the excessive celebrations for the goals scored after the game became out of reach.

· I was embarrassed by Alex Morgan’s pretending to take a sip from a teacup after scoring a goal against England.

· Many on the team, many in the media, and even some politicians are demanding equal pay for the men’s and women’s national teams. I find their ignorance of basic economics shameful. – The last men’s World Cup brought in $6 billion while this year’s women’s Cup is estimated to bring in around $131 million. If anything, the men are underpaid as they get a smaller percentage of total revenue. The men were paid less then 7% of total revenue while the women received around 20%.

· Megan Rapinoe is a jackass. It’s our National Team, dammit. How dare you, in the past, refuse to stand for our Anthem (until forced to by the Soccer Federation) or now sing when you’re on your country’s team!

· Megan Rapinoe is also an idiot. She believes that Trump is dividing rather than uniting the Country. So, what does she do to highlight her concerns? She decides to do something that is guaranteed to tick off a large percentage of Americans!

2. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

As far as I am concerned -

The US *has no* National Women's Soccer Team.

That is all.

3. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

I agree wholeheartedly too. Strong lesbian women threaten our masculinity.

4. LozHinge the Unhinged

I actually hadn't thought of that angle.

Now I'm scared as well as outraged.

Damn it!

5. superdave

Don't worry friends. Trump will finally come up with a Solution to the immigrant problem and when he does there will be plenty of room in the camps for the lesbians.

6. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry to have to club superdave with some truth, but despite Rapinoe's claim that she's protesting Trump, she was show-boating before he was elected. She's a self-centered ego-maniacal attention-whoring tw&t, is all. She saw that little half-talented pustule Kaepernick getting media coverage and shouted, "I WANT MORE!"

I, too, was embarrassed by the tea-sipping, as well as Rapinoe's LOOKATMEEE!!!! strike-a-pose. I knew they beat the crap out of that other team initially because reasons, but they seem to generally be very poor sports"pursuns" & not at all conscious of the fact that they are getting this attention because of being a *National* team.

VERY hard to find a short video of Rapinoe stepping on the flag without extensive commentary, & mainstream media is actively promoting videos saying it didn't happen or claiming it's a falsehood by narrowing the controversy in exclusively using the term, "stomp".

Lastly, the hate-filled obscenity & Progressive furor about "equal pay" is utter horse-pucky. The men are the ones who are underpaid! Womens' soccer doesn't earn as much revenue as mens' does, and apparently our mens' team isn't terribly good.

EDIT - Nice to see you KillerAim

7. superdave

I keep forgetting that i'm not supposed to throw my limited edition American Flag MC Hammer pants on the floor when I take them off at night.

8. jmervyn

If one really wants to be a stickler about the "rules", flag-themed clothing is NEVER supposed to actually be the Flag itself - historical versions like the Betsy Ross, Gadsden &c are fine but even "wrapping oneself in the Flag" is somewhat déclassé.

More or less along the lines that wearing something isn't respectful to the thing itself. It's why hippies stitched Flags to the seat of their jeans.

EDIT - SD, you're confusing Trump with Pence. Pence is the one who's rounding up all teh gey & putting them into concentration camps.
    [​IMG]

9. superdave

Yup. Trump's agenda comes first though. As soon as the Browns have been taken care of, the camps are his to fill with female soccer, basketball and field hockey players. They should be easy to find. Just do a DMV search for women driving Jeeps and Subaru outbacks.

16044222-7246551-image-a-81_1563137092982.jpg

10. jmervyn

Ya gotta love Alyssa Milano. No depth of anti-Semitic filth is too deep for her to stoop to in order to claw for just a little more attention.

Anyway, I'd started to post that pick of her sucking off Harvey Weinstein but then I remembered this thread was supposed to be about the SOCCER attention whores rather than the H'wood or Gov't attention whores.

11. KillerAim

It's been such a long time since I've been here that I'm not sure if superdave's posts are tongue-in-cheek, so I'll let them go.

The best response I've heard to the odious comparison of the camps on the border to concentration camps is the fact that anyone in those border camps can leave anytime they want to. The Jews, gypsies, etc., in the concentration camps didn't have that option.

I do have to admit that Pense looks more like the quintessential Gestapo then Himmler did.

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The camps are still a disgrace to the US, to my taste. Perhaps you care a small bit about what others think of it. If you don't, why complain about it in an international forum? BTW, I will totally stay about this nazi comparison crap.

I disagree with a couple of Megan Rapinoe's point as well, but I think it's showing enough respect by standing during the anthem. I think it would be silly to demand singing it. Besides, the current US president is a greater disgrace to the US by more than an order of magnitude, so whatever that guy has to say about any matters like this one, I would ignore it. When comparing that anyway, the president isn't singing on occasions like official visits in other countries as well.

Her stance on the payment of women in football is silly. Professional football is a business, that's why it says "professional". It's about who wants to pay how much for what. You probably know that male football players in Europe receive (I'm avoiding to say "earn") as ludicrous amounts of money as popular US sportsmen, but that's not a matter of the patriarchate, suppression or so. They receive as much because it ensures that others are cashing in even greater amounts and because many male football fans are spending quite large amounts of money on silly stuff about it. It's supply and demand.

If she wants a payment based on achievements, she is to be reminded that the best women teams in the world lose matches against teenager teams of men. For example, after the German national women team became world champion a couple of years ago, they lost 3-0 in a test match versus the U17 team of VfB Stuttgart (i.e. not even the national U17 team, but of a club) and the boys held themselves back at the end. That would mean in conclusion that the U17 players of a club team have to receive more money than the women's world champions.

Football is a sports in which it depends on speed, strength and size which are issues at which men have a natural advantage. That's why men and women are separated in most kinds of sports. When watching the matches, it's all a noticable amount slower, less energetic and powerful. That makes it less exciting to my taste and to a lot of others as well, I guess.

I remember an advert of the German women's team in 2011 or so, with the slogan "getting third is for men" (who ended up 2nd in 2002 and 3rd in 2006 and 2010). That time, the women ended up 8th while the men became world champions 3 years later. There's hybris in the other direction as well.

13. KillerAim

krischan:

The camps in their present state aren't a disgrace, they're an unfortunate necessity. Some points that need to be considered:

· The camps were set up to handle potential immigrants who are claiming asylum in the United States. If they just crossed illegally, we could have directly booted them out.

· The asylum process takes many months to complete, so we must have some place to keep the claimants while their claims are being reviewed.

· Everyone agrees that the process takes too long and that the number of claimants far exceed the number anticipated.

· The Democratic Congress, until very recently, has refused to allocate any more money (1) to pay for more courts to process the claims and (2) to fund the expansion of the facilities to handle the overload of people. They have also refused to consider streamlining the process. So, their complaints about the horrendous conditions in the camps is very hypocritical. (The situation reminds me of the old saw where a boy murders both his parents and then asks the Court for leniency due to the fact that he’s an orphan.)

· The claimants could just start the process and then wait outside of the United States until the process is complete. Very few (if any) take that option, so the camps can’t be that awful.

· The only other option is to have a claimant start the process and then release him into the Country with a duty to show up for Court at a later date. This has been done in the past and well over 90% of the claimants never show up for the Court date. They just disappeared into the Country.

jmervyn likes this.
  14. superdave

When I immigrated to the States a few years ago, I was able to do all the paperwork in country. I didn't have to wait and apply from my own country. I wasn't placed in a concentration camp but then again I'm not a brown person.

15. KillerAim

Then you must be a very special person.

According to Cato, the average time it now takes to get a green card is "5 years and 8 months." On top of this, immigration spots are allocated by Country of origin. If you happened to be from a Country with a lot of people wanting to come to the United States, you have to wait longer. Again, according to Cato: "Indians averaged the longest wait because of quotas — over 8 years and 6 months.".

And this is just for the people who are currently in the system. There are nearly 5 million people waiting in line to start the process. Cato: "It will take decades and — in some categories — a half century or more to process everyone else waiting now."

On a side note, superdave, how can you honestly call these places concentration camps when the people in them are there willingly?

jmervyn likes this.
  16. superdave

Why are the majority of these people coming to the states?

It is because the country they are fleeing from is not safe for them or their family. The country they pass through is also no longer safe. I just read another warning issued by the State Dept. telling travelers not to visit 5 Mexican states. The rest of the country is under a level 2 advisory. Not the country I would want to raise a family.

Asylum seekers do not "willingly" visit the states. They aren't here for a trip to Disney and to spend a weekend in Vegas. They are here because they are fleeing an unsafe country.

I'll give you the merriam webster definition of a concentration camp for you to chew on....

"a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard."

Ps. I am not a special person. I'm just not a brown man born in Guatemala.

17. KillerAim

So were you here on a student visa? Accordingly to Cato, your situation is an anomaly. In any case, it's different from the people in the camp because they are attempting to bypass the normal process by asking for asylum -- you didn't do that.

As to your definition,it's quite telling that you left out the phrase that followed the part you quoted from Merriam Webster-- "—used especially in reference to camps created by the Nazis in World War II for the internment and persecution of Jews and other prisoners".

Actually, I'd like to focus on the concept that the United States (or any other Country, for that matter) has a duty to take in every alien who wants to flee an "unsafe" Country. Where is it written in our Constitution that that is a duty of our Country?

Even if I agreed that that was a duty, who gets to define what constitutes "unsafe"? Isn't that the whole purpose of the review process, to determine if the requestor's circumstances meets the definition of "unsafe"? And what our we supposed to do with the people requesting asylum during this process -- just let them go into the Country, hoping they return for their hearing?

Hell, I once accidentally let my Driver's License expire and I had to spend all day at the DMV in order to get a valid license. I guess I, too, am a concentration camp survivor!

jmervyn likes this.
  18. jmervyn

There's a reason people flee here, but it's largely due to economics, not a vague feeling of being unsafe. Open borders types want these unskilled people living off welfare because they'll vote accordingly.

Also, Honduras used to be a great place, before Obama helped destabilize in in support of the local Chavista wannabee dictator. Now it's extremely dangerous.

FACT CHECK: Are 80 Percent Of Asylum Court Cases Not Approved?

19. LozHinge the Unhinged

It is unclear to me why I have been reading that Democratic leaders are sending activists South so that they can instruct potential asylum candidates on what to say when interviewd, in order to maximise their chances of success.

Why are people saying this?

Odd, because this is also said to be happening in Africa and the ME, with regard to asylum-seekers wishing to enter the EU.

jmervyn likes this.
  20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I agree that it has a certain smell, but that's basically what lawyers are doing. There are certainly rights that are applicable by citizens only, but I think that maximizing one's chances aren't among them. If the activists are openly suggesting to tell lies and to cheat, that's certainly illegal, just as it's illegal for lawyers to do it openly. However, lawyers are cladding their words into something that makes their customers do that and so are probably those activists.

By the way, almost all of the ancestors of the people of the US came to there for economic reasons. Those who came for being persecuted were a minority. However, I agree that we are living in different times now and immigration will not solve the problem of population growth and failed countries (in fact, the opposite is the case), but shutting off from them isn't enough either. We have basically the same problem here, although it's not as easy to get to here from Africa and the Near and Middle East than from Mexico to the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.