Tyreals Might enhancment

Darkflight

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyreals Might enhancment

If you were to decide an improvement of the stats of tyreals might so i't would be useful considering the extreme rarity, what would you do?

Gargame

Diabloii.Net Member
Oy, almost anything. I'd say a + to all skills. 1 or 2. Because so far I'd rather use a Arkaine's Valor. In fact, just add some AK mods. Or possibly a PDR mod.

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't matter a lick. The thing is that rare. Give it level 100 holy shock, 100 holy freeze auras active... Wouldn't change my game a bit. I guess that broke the rule set "reasonable changes"... ok.

The change to such an extreemly rare item should be an extreemly rare effect. +2 skills just aint going to make it special. Make it have "chance to cast Lower Resist" No item in the game has that, as far as I know.

Give it the ability to morph the player into Tyreal upon killing an act boss for 5 minutes. That would be special/fun. Might even have a counterpart on some other item that morphs you into the boss you just killed. Imagine the MP fun.

Give it the ablity like the Hcube to store items within it.

Give it Identify and Town Portal charges.

Do something unique.

Give it 50% enhanced damage MRIP(i think its already got) +3 to all skills
450%edamage to demosn 500 to ar against demons
30 to str(allways)
250%ED(def)
all res 60%
10 lvl higher req(clvl94)

all of this ontop of other mods
this would make it go from underpowered to overpowered imo :D :D :D

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Shagsbeard said:
Doesn't matter a lick. The thing is that rare. Give it level 100 holy shock, 100 holy freeze auras active... Wouldn't change my game a bit. I guess that broke the rule set "reasonable changes"... ok.

The change to such an extreemly rare item should be an extreemly rare effect. +2 skills just aint going to make it special. Make it have "chance to cast Lower Resist" No item in the game has that, as far as I know.

Give it the ability to morph the player into Tyreal upon killing an act boss for 5 minutes. That would be special/fun. Might even have a counterpart on some other item that morphs you into the boss you just killed. Imagine the MP fun.

Give it the ablity like the Hcube to store items within it.

Give it Identify and Town Portal charges.

Do something unique.
You have some nice imagination, i think blizz should use your thoughts :thumbsup: Go work for them :D

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
here are the original stats:
Defense: 1322-1502 (varies)(Base Defense: 487-600)
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: None
+120-150% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+50-100% Damage To Demons (varies)
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength (varies)
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
Indestructible

what I would change:
add +2-4 all skills
+20 to light radius (you scoff but this would mean you could see everything on screen)
+200-300% Enhanced defense
double the ED to demons and add the same mod for undead - this is supposed to be holy armor after all
dump FRW
add somethikng unique like:
10% chance to open a town portal on being struck
and/or
attacks ignore undead & demon resistances (makes all attacks like Blessed hammer i.e. ignores immunities)

ultimately, for it's rarity, this armor should be more desirable then Enigma or CoH. Currently, it isn't even as good as it's set counterpart, IKSC

RoidRage

Diabloii.Net Member
Shagsbeard said:
Make it have "chance to cast Lower Resist" No item in the game has that, as far as I know.

Do something unique.

Actually, Medusa Gaze Does that

Defense: 405-453 (varies)(Base Defense: 145-161)
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 219
Chance to Block: Pal: 54%, Ama/Asn/Bar: 49%, Dru/Nec/Sor: 44%
Durability: 92
Paladin Smite Damage: 18 To 28
+150-180% Enhanced Defense (varies)
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
Slows Target By 20%
Cold Resist +40-80% (varies)
10% Chance To Cast Level 7 Lower Resist When Struck
100% Chance To Cast Level 44 Nova When You Die
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
@HBB: Al's right. anything past +7 or +5 Light radius has no effect.

This isn't my idea, but...

Cannot be Cursed.
The problem with that is that "+2 to all skills" or "+50% to all experience" that you get from a shrine is considered by the game to be a curse.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Shagsbeard said:
The problem with that is that "+2 to all skills" or "+50% to all experience" that you get from a shrine is considered by the game to be a curse.
Makes it a bit more balanced then, IMO. You get no curses, but you don't get any shrines either.

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
@HBB: Al's right. anything past +7 or +5 Light radius has no effect.
I remember trying out a red rune mod way back when that also included an extended light radius, or more accurately, removed the shadows from the edges of the screen - your light radius was the entire screen, that's what I was thinking for Tyreal's

yo could also add:
makes wearer invisible
Baal dies the moment wearer enters a game

Fafner

Diabloii.Net Member
The funny thing here is that you guys are trying to equate rarity with usefulness. This 1.10 is a patch for bnet after all, if anything really useful is rare it will be duped to banality. I think the rare items were only to keep really frequent players still interested in finding things.

There are some rare, useful items. But the rarest are not the game changers some pretend they are.

that said

I'd add +2 skills, 10% PDR. Get rid of FR/W.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Better than the anti-curse thing:
If your level ends in a mutliple of 2: acts as a resist shrine
If your level ends in 5 or 0: acts as a skill shrine
If it ends in 3 or 9: acts as a mana recharge shrine
If it ends in 7: acts as an experiance shrine
If more than one of this item with the same finger print is in a game or on a server, the above shrines act as the following curses:
resist-> lower resist
skill-> iron maiden
mana-> blood mana
experiance -> decrepify

This would kick the bnetters who cheat in the teeth nicely, thus retaining the rarity but improving the usefulness if it.

Amiral

Diabloii.Net Member
+1-3 skills (would maybe be a little OP, since it reqs no str)
+30-40 dex
+40-60 all res
Cannot be cursed neither use Shrines (good call nec)
You get an special aura (wings :D )
15% PDR
15 DR
15 MDR
+20-30% damage
300% more armor

in addition to the mods already there :D

hmm, would maybee be alittle OP though...

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think Blizzard should take cheaters into account when they design their items, that's what they did with the lastest patch of runewords and that didn't turn out all that well.

I think Tyrael's should have its inherent resists removed and instead have a level 1 Salvation aura...that'd be cool.

I also like the Wings aura idea that someone suggested, that would be awesome, and worth wearing even if it didn't have any other stats.