Tyraels sword

brutalisunit

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyraels sword

What is tyraels sword called? I know it is in the manual but I forgot what its called and lost my manual.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
It does not exist ingame.

Tyrael did forge the runeblade Azurewrath (unique phaseblade) but that was for Izual, as for his own, we never know. Heck he even threw it away !

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I always thought that Tyrael's sword was the Azurewrath, cause I remember my friends making fun of it in 1.08-1.09 for it being so crappy.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
I've looked everywhere on the internet, and the only thing that comes up is this (even in all the official storylines)

"Tyrael's sword", nothing more, nothing less

AlmostInfinity

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I could have sworn that Tyrael had a different sword (not Azurewrath). I remember reading about it in the books that came in the battlechest (oh man I am such a loser). But of course all of the manuals are miles away so I really can't help.

Angel_Dusted

Diabloii.Net Member
Ooookay. Lemme clear this up. Tyrael's sword does not have a name. He forged the blade Azurewrath for Izual, who then managed to get himself imprisoned by the forces of hell in an assault on the Hellforge (if you ever paid attention to the quest in-game then you would know about this).

He lost Azurewrath when he himself was defeated, but the weapon does in fact still exist, and it is a droppable item in the game, available from such bosses as Hell Mephisto and Baal. Heck, I found one last ladder season, and for all naysayers, just check the "Uniques" section located on this site's main page.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Angel_Dusted said:
He lost Azurewrath when he himself was defeated, but the weapon does in fact still exist, and it is a droppable item in the game, available from such bosses as Hell Mephisto and Baal. Heck, I found one last ladder season, and for all naysayers, just check the "Uniques" section located on this site's main page.
People are refering to the original, which does not in fact still drop.

Feetstench

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a feeling that Tyr's sword was named in some obscure place. I can't remember where but I do remember a line something like "Tyreal forged the twin swords ??? and Azurewrath for himself and Izzy."

Might have been in a Diablo related story though, not official game material.

taiga

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, angels and archangels in diablo use phaseblades yes? So if Izual had azurewrath, then Tyrael had Lightsaber? Sounds logical to me...

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
taiga said:
Well, angels and archangels in diablo use phaseblades yes? So if Izual had azurewrath, then Tyrael had Lightsaber? Sounds logical to me...
Lightsabre didn't exist until the expansion though. The original azurewrath could be found the day the game came out. It has to be another normal unique sword. I think I've heard that he made blacktongue.

GreyGhost

Banned
Tyreal wields Shadowfang. Izual wields Azurewrath.

It's ironic because in 1.08 both of these swords were just normal uniques and thus pretty lame. At least they're not the godly, aura-granting, overpowered swords you would expect a couple of angels to pwn you with.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
GreyGhost said:

It's ironic because in 1.08 both of these swords were just normal uniques and thus pretty lame. At least they're not the godly, aura-granting, overpowered swords you would expect a couple of angels to pwn you with.
Yeah, that's it.
To be fair though, they didn't have elite items, much unique elites when the game came out (nor unique exceptionals), so an uber sword of killingness wouldn't make much sense on a crystal sword.

MaxMax

Diabloii.Net Member
GreyGhost said:
I think you are wrong about Tyreal's Sword.... found this on; http://battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=83481

Izual, the Lt. of Tyreal, was supposedly one of the holiest warriors to ever exist. His exploits against the prime evils and his minions were well documented. Izual wields a powerful Phaseblade called Azurewrath, which you can find in Diablo 2. (If you're lucky) In the story, Izual was supposed to stop the creation of a powerful sword called Shadowfang. The mission was too much, and he fell to the forces of Darkness. In Diablo 2, when you speak the the spirit of Izual, you find out he was never a pure warrior to begin with. He betrayed Tyreal, and even gave intimate knowledge of the workings of the Soul stone to the prime evils. That was how the Prime evils were able to manipulate the soul stones, and set themselves free.

From it appears as if they were suppose to prevent the creation of "Shadow Fang"

Not a fact thou....

Angel_Dusted

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
People are refering to the original, which does not in fact still drop.
Gha...I need to follow up on my posts. Yeah, that sword was around before my time (1.10-present), but unless I'm wrong it was a pretty lame weapon. The old version may not drop anymore, but I'd say that it's current incarnation is a much nicer package :thumbsup:

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyone happen to have a screen shot of the old Azurewrath or at least a list of its stats? IIRC, it looked just like the Lightsaber does now... Also, isn't Shadowfang a two handed sword?

*Requiem_Death