Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tyraels sword

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by brutalisunit, Oct 15, 2006.

1. brutalisunit

brutalisunit IncGamers Member

Tyraels sword

What is tyraels sword called? I know it is in the manual but I forgot what its called and lost my manual.

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

It does not exist ingame.

Tyrael did forge the runeblade Azurewrath (unique phaseblade) but that was for Izual, as for his own, we never know. Heck he even threw it away !

3. brutalisunit

No, not as a drop, like in the manual it says what his sword was called, I just wanna know that lol.

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I am holding my manual in hand now and there is no name for it.

5. brutalisunit

Go to the page about Tyrael, I swear it has a name for his sword.

6. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I always thought that Tyrael's sword was the Azurewrath, cause I remember my friends making fun of it in 1.08-1.09 for it being so crappy.

7. brutalisunit

It doesnt look like his sword though, ivebeen told its called armageddon, but thats not how i remembered it.

8. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

I've looked everywhere on the internet, and the only thing that comes up is this (even in all the official storylines)

"Tyrael's sword", nothing more, nothing less

9. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

Yeah, I could have sworn that Tyrael had a different sword (not Azurewrath). I remember reading about it in the books that came in the battlechest (oh man I am such a loser). But of course all of the manuals are miles away so I really can't help.

10. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Ooookay. Lemme clear this up. Tyrael's sword does not have a name. He forged the blade Azurewrath for Izual, who then managed to get himself imprisoned by the forces of hell in an assault on the Hellforge (if you ever paid attention to the quest in-game then you would know about this).

He lost Azurewrath when he himself was defeated, but the weapon does in fact still exist, and it is a droppable item in the game, available from such bosses as Hell Mephisto and Baal. Heck, I found one last ladder season, and for all naysayers, just check the "Uniques" section located on this site's main page.

11. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

People are refering to the original, which does not in fact still drop.

12. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

I have a feeling that Tyr's sword was named in some obscure place. I can't remember where but I do remember a line something like "Tyreal forged the twin swords ??? and Azurewrath for himself and Izzy."

Might have been in a Diablo related story though, not official game material.

13. taiga

taiga IncGamers Member

Well, angels and archangels in diablo use phaseblades yes? So if Izual had azurewrath, then Tyrael had Lightsaber? Sounds logical to me...

14. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Lightsabre didn't exist until the expansion though. The original azurewrath could be found the day the game came out. It has to be another normal unique sword. I think I've heard that he made blacktongue.

15. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Tyreal wields Shadowfang. Izual wields Azurewrath.

It's ironic because in 1.08 both of these swords were just normal uniques and thus pretty lame. At least they're not the godly, aura-granting, overpowered swords you would expect a couple of angels to pwn you with.

16. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's it.
    To be fair though, they didn't have elite items, much unique elites when the game came out (nor unique exceptionals), so an uber sword of killingness wouldn't make much sense on a crystal sword.

17. TTTimo

TTTimo IncGamers Member

EDIT: Nevermind :prop:

18. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

I think you are wrong about Tyreal's Sword.... found this on; http://battleforums.com/showthread.php?t=83481

Izual, the Lt. of Tyreal, was supposedly one of the holiest warriors to ever exist. His exploits against the prime evils and his minions were well documented. Izual wields a powerful Phaseblade called Azurewrath, which you can find in Diablo 2. (If you're lucky) In the story, Izual was supposed to stop the creation of a powerful sword called Shadowfang. The mission was too much, and he fell to the forces of Darkness. In Diablo 2, when you speak the the spirit of Izual, you find out he was never a pure warrior to begin with. He betrayed Tyreal, and even gave intimate knowledge of the workings of the Soul stone to the prime evils. That was how the Prime evils were able to manipulate the soul stones, and set themselves free.

From it appears as if they were suppose to prevent the creation of "Shadow Fang"

Not a fact thou....

19. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Gha...I need to follow up on my posts. Yeah, that sword was around before my time (1.10-present), but unless I'm wrong it was a pretty lame weapon. The old version may not drop anymore, but I'd say that it's current incarnation is a much nicer package :thumbsup:

20. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Anyone happen to have a screen shot of the old Azurewrath or at least a list of its stats? IIRC, it looked just like the Lightsaber does now... Also, isn't Shadowfang a two handed sword?

*Requiem_Death