Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I think the most effective (not the most powerful) armor for a cold sorc is...

Skullder's + ptopaz.

She doesn't need what the other armors offer for doing the usual cold sorc busineess (which is p3 Meph, p3 Andy, p1 Tunnels, p1 Pindle, p7 LK), making it a splendid inventory slot for an MF item and Skullder's is the King Kong among MF armor. I usually try to have resists in the positives with her, but not much beyond that. She's L95 and in spite of my bad reflexes and tendency to panic in surprise situations, she, she earns more XP than she loses from dying.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on the goal for the Sorc, but for mf runs, yeah.

@Grape That's two or three grailers for me right off the bat in that picture. And three runes I haven't seen in a while. Could you define 'a few hours'? ... ;)

Burgomaster3

Diabloii.Net Member
@krischan What do you use as Belt and Amulet? I agree that Skullder's is indeed great armor (I need to find that Russet Armor rack in 1.07), but Tal's Armor+Belt+Amulet is really tough to beat, at least in AT. 3xTal's gives you 192MF, level 95 Skullder's+Goldwrap+35MF amulet(or whatever one might use here) gives you 207MF. Sure, more is better, but for me 15MF seems kinda steep price to pay for 20fcr, 73lr/40cr/40fr, 50 life, 72 mana and all the other nice things partial Tal's Set gives you. Even if you feel you don't need safety.

For Andy/Meph/Pindle I could see the the appeal, since with those you don't need safety, but for fast MFing in AT, i simply cannot see any combination with Skullder's being better than 3xTal's. Perhaps, if you run all the targets in the same game or just don't feel like switching gear for different targets orsomething, but I dunno. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just genuinely interested in why you think it's more effective :)

(also, Vipermagi rules in LK)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on the goal for the Sorc, but for mf runs, yeah.

@Grape That's two or three grailers for me right off the bat in that picture. And three runes I haven't seen in a while. Could you define 'a few hours'? ... ;)
Hard to say. Maybe around 10h, but quite inefficient running. Not a bad batch with uniques but I wished for another Vex+ rune besides Ber. Well, luckily it's RFL time now!

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Hard to say. Maybe around 10h, but quite inefficient running. Not a bad batch with uniques but I wished for another Vex+ rune besides Ber. Well, luckily it's RFL time now!
I knew I shouldn't have asked. Ah well, I'll just think I saved all my luck for the RFL and beyond.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
@krischan What do you use as Belt and Amulet? I agree that Skullder's is indeed great armor (I need to find that Russet Armor rack in 1.07), but Tal's Armor+Belt+Amulet is really tough to beat, at least in AT.
Correct, but I have no Tal's amulet left while I could otherwise finish the set another two times with 15% belts. Tal Rasha is playing with me and probably laughing his butt of about that. See my posting here for an elaborate explanation.

She's wearing Chanceguards, Goldwrap and a precious 30% Mara's. Using the amulet for here is a waste, of course, but these 30% res keep her resists at an acceptable level. I don't need it for any other character so far, but that might change at some time. If I don't have Tal's amu when that happens, I will hopefully have crafted a good +2 sorc amulet with resists.

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
First of all a dream came true as I came across a very decent -40% req ornate on 1.00 (yes the fhr and life are lacking, you can't have it all). Let me point out ornates with ed are not that common on 1.00 and with -req it already becomes quite rare. A true banana Armor! I do need to get a decent str ring or amu and level 89 before I can use it on my sorc (and update my thread aigain!)
40reqornate.jpg
What also is quite intresting is on 1.00 weapon dmg is shown is calculated by onehand dmg instead of two hand dmg. This has expecially a big influence on maces and mauls! Still after calculating you know if you have a decent martel or not. (OMG 279 max dmg martel with 8 ll on 1.13c classic!)
ggmaul.jpg
I converted 2 mules filled with classic stuff from 1.00 (via 1.07 ofc) to 1.13 classic. Including another 277 max dmg martel with 255 dura. Converted the blue grim shield just for the collor theme! (screenshot from 1.13c). Luckely for me there is no Eni nor Coh available at 1.00!
Screenshot055.jpg

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been running Pindle the past week in the slim hope of getting DF in time for the RFL, but of course it didn't happen. A couple of rare Dimensional Shards though. Pindle is more multi-tasking friendly for running while watching streams, otherwise I would have done Pit runs. Not sure about the total number of runs or hours, but I did keep track of all the TC87's.

20/13 and 15/12 if anyone is curious.

Xios

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been powering through setting up a Sorceress for MFing, as it's something I've put off with all the self-found characters. Tonight was leveling off NM Pindle and zipping through Hell.

For once, Duriel decided to be considerate and I found this.

jewels.png

I think I can count the amount of Rainbow Facets I've found myself on one hand, so this was a nice treat.

Turns out it was a +3/-5 Lightning, so it's actually quite relevant. Must be my reward for doing the math of RBF versus IAS jewels in the efficiency thread.

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
y poison, y
Well on prelod versions, poison resist is not as useless as on later versions. First of all there are alot of monsters that inflict poison damage at act 4. I am looking at you blood maggots, Abyss Knights and Oblivion Knights. Their poison bolts seem to hurt alot more as on later versions. While true 75% pdr counters poison dmg more you still want to have atleast positive poison resistance. Also take in to account 1.00 boots and wands can't have more than 29 pres. The fact this ring gives that much resist (yes I might actually use this one) means I don't need 75% pdr anymore on either my armor or helm. Ironically poison dmg is the most damaging source after cold dmg (yes it can be tphealed) and isn't countered by mdr (msleb is countered by mdr!). Tombs are a valid location to mf at 1.00 due to huge monster density, the Unravelers and Mummies there poison you all the time. Yes poison resist is on 1.00 more important than fire resist!

Lucky for me I got a pretty stable rare ring seed atm on hell.

Edit: Tralalalala la no 60 resist lalala no mana lala. Dex and dr lalala.
prism2.jpg

Last edited:

BKC

Diabloii.Net Member
i am aiming for page 100 here ^^

Wolfhowl.jpg

Meph dropped me this +3/+4/+6/+6 now that is very very nice :) maybe i need to build me another barb :)

Xios

Diabloii.Net Member
So my MFer finally reached her target.. unsurprisingly it was Mephisto.

I arranged a pretty sad dumpster diving tier MF-kit from the scraps of my past playthroughs and what she had acquired naturally.

Tarnhelm (34%)
Rhyme (25%)
Boots with Luck Mod (29%)
Rare Gloves with Fortune Mod (19%)
The Entire Angelic Set (140%) [Chest/Weapon/Ring/Ring/Ammy]
An irrelevant belt (Mavinas for FRW) as I had nothing else (0%)
9 Slots of Charms (41%)
= 288% MF

Apparently RNGesus approves of frugality, because on my second run..

shako.png

My first of Single Player. Long may it serve.

Edit: And a Razortail on the fourth. I'm glad I named this Sorc Clover, the luck seems to be coming into effect.

Last edited:

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
Lalalala! Prism rings, prism rings everywhere.. Prism rings with mana lalala. (Singing in IFT yet aigain). Prism real COH rings on 1.00 lalalala. Prism rings with 63 fire resist because lalala Pharphis doesn't like ones lalala with poison resist. Prism rings with 62 poison resist 42 light resist lalalala with 13 tralalala dex, because reasons lala (and lalalife with malalalana). Prism rings with 6 ll lalala because your barb needs one lalalalala!

(Suddenly stops singing and realises he trashed about 220 rare rings today) Well Ghoul Band is I guess the best ring I ever found...I knew prism rings could be quite nice but eh this haul is far beyond my expectations!

tl.dr.: I did way too many runs aigain...
tomanyruns.jpg

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Better than any (rare) ring I've ever found. beta BKWB is probably cheating for unique rings, though.

RickH

Diabloii.Net Member
Just really strange experiences with my first Blizz Sorc.

As a background my main is a 95 Zealot and before that a 94 Zealot.. (I know!)
Ran Pits, Mephi an Travincal literally several 1000's of times,
I've dabbled in a Fishymancer (Still ongoing) LF Zon, strange Barb (my first char) and several other weird melee casters and casting melee chars.

So.. now I've decided to create one of the most popular chars, and oh boy!
I'm at NM lvl 73 running Pindle 'till 74

Here's the weird one(s) :
Never found a Vamp Gaze with my 95 Zealot running close to 10.000 Hell Meph runs.. Blizzardess finds it on her first (quest) NM Memp!
Ran bugged NM Andy 7 times before SoJ dropped. (Only my second one!)
Put an Ist in her Occulus because I had so much fun with her but sorta regretted that.. Not really swimming in Ist's (Had only 3).
So here I am Blizzing Pindle and his army.. less than 100 runs, guess what? .... 2 Ists (NM Pindle and gang!!)
I'm having so much fun with her (obviously lol).
Yes she's tweaked, Occulus with the darn Ist, HoTo for.. why not(?) and I save the best for Hell.. (+skillers like Shako, SoJ, Mara's, Arachnid (Can't use that one anyway..)
With her luck (knock wood) She'll be able to find the runes for CoH..

Maybe this is the wrong thread but I wanted to share my fun and unbelievable luck with you guys !

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
Decided to give a small sacrifice to rune gods while running RFL (obviously the runes used were found way before RFL), created a second CTA with Aura, my 99-runner:

Seriously, I think if I ever get Aura to 99, he doesn't retire, just becomes a RW roller. First Hoto, 40all res, first CTA was 4/4/4, that 304es/-55elr Infinity and now that 5/6/2 CTA? This kiddo has some serious RW rolling luck. Although, I'll most likely roll some random RWs like Kingslayer, Passion, Lawbringer, Oath and Voice of Reason, before I start my luck with Beast/Doom/Grief. Anyhow, now I can finally move that old CTA to other characters so I have two CTAs to play around, since I won't loan any items from Aura to other characters as he is untwinked.

Back to CS!

Treeharl

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I got my recording software finally to work (took me 2 days and about 15 attempts of finding a bit representive gameplay) and as such I am able to record my Cow King running. This small vid shows how to farm some rare rings on 1.00 (and some mistakes I make).

Here it is: