Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

PandadudeSP

Diabloii.Net Member
why not Rhyme?
It is currently my best option. I don't have a good pala shield base for it though. It also has no %def, and I'm already planning on using treachery (also no %def) to help reach 5 frame zeal with conviction and gimmershreds. That would make holy shield / defiance bonus less valuable which is a shame since there is no other good place to dump skill points after 20 conviction + 20 sacrifice (6% ED/lvl from zeal, resist auras for +max resists).

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think def matters anywhere near as much as CBF

If you aren't playing single pass, I would look for an LK rack that drops pali shields. They usually arent very hard to find. Without much trouble you should be able to rack something good enough for use. Even if its just a stopgap, it's not like the runes are an investment or anything.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
While leveling up the eventual Zodathon winner, thought I would report that Pindle decided to drop me a crappy Rockstopper (with a killer level requirement!). And I was almost excited I wasn't going to have to waste a socket quest on twinking gear.

Code:
Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 398
Durability: 44 of 50
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0x3db3e910
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Indestructible
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+50% Enhanced Defense
+149 Defense
All Resistances +20
Damage Reduced by 11% 1 Sockets (0 used)
Few extras:
Code:
Vex Rune
Required Level: 55
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 137
Durability: 21 of 25
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x8982848b
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+93 Defense
All Resistances +64
Cannot Be Frozen 

Viper Horn
Coronet
Defense: 60
Durability: 19 of 30
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x17917fb0
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+47% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +18% 

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xadda7e4b
+65 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Trying to squeeze some upgrades before Zodathon.

Code:
Serpent's Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x2a620a5e
+13 to Mana
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Felicitous Ring of Fortune
Ring
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x1d8f1a9c
Item Level: 99
33% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Will try to gamble better ring, but that's enough for now. That SC was a nice surprise from Durance lvl 3. I'm running Meph and killing also Bremm's pack and Wyan Voidbringer along with the Blood Lord boss pack I happen to notice. Quite funny running for a change.

Meph is refusing to give me +3FB Ormu's, +3 Sorc +20% FSD Eschuta's or +50MF WTs. What a surprise.

But finding HRs from act bosses is always amusing:
Screenshot453.jpg

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Ohm Grape !! Definitely a good sign for the Zodthon.

I have a question (well, plenty of them, but this one belongs here): I wanted to post a screenie of the Tal's amulet I found yesterday evening here, not so much because of the amulet itself, but because I now finally have full Tal's in HC, but realised I only took the picture once it was id'ed and as such already in my inventory. Is that allowed, or should pictures always be taken when the item is still on the ground? I actually assume that is the case, judging by the pics in the D2 Gallery, but I'm not sure.

Also: how do I get a readout from an item, like the one in Grape's post?

Thanks, and sorry for going slightly OT.

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
T72,

For the item find thread in general, readouts are more important/interesting than screenshots. If you want to screenshot your Tal's Amulet, go right ahead, and ID'd in your inventory is fine, no difference from unID'd on the ground or in your inventory, etc.

You get readouts from GoMule. Open your character (.d2s file), right click the Amulet in your inventory, "View Item". Copy/paste.

ETA: The exception to what I said re: readouts vs screenshots is runes, fwiw. Runes don't have GoMule readouts, so screenshots (on the ground, before the rune is picked up), is what's expected/standard in that case.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Ohm Grape !! Definitely a good sign for the Zodthon.

I have a question (well, plenty of them, but this one belongs here): I wanted to post a screenie of the Tal's amulet I found yesterday evening here, not so much because of the amulet itself, but because I now finally have full Tal's in HC, but realised I only took the picture once it was id'ed and as such already in my inventory. Is that allowed, or should pictures always be taken when the item is still on the ground? I actually assume that is the case, judging by the pics in the D2 Gallery, but I'm not sure.

Also: how do I get a readout from an item, like the one in Grape's post?

Thanks, and sorry for going slightly OT.

Either way is fine, this is a laid back environment to post your finds. We don't mind if the screen is from the ground or when it's picked up and identified.

The readout is from GoMule. (view item and ctr+c the text) and then put between the [ code] and [ /code] tags

edit: Fabian was faster..

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, thanks a lot :). Hope you guys didn't hurt yourself falling over each other in an attempt to be the first to respond :p. Tss, them friendly people ...

maareek

Diabloii.Net Member
While I was doing some test runs before doing the Pindle Zerker video for the Zodathon, I horked a TC87.

Screenshot191.jpg

Code:
Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 238
Required Dexterity: 167
Required Strength: 134
Required Level: 73
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x2cf12647
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
7% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
20% Increased Attack Speed
+3 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
7>6 so thanks for the upgrade, Pindle.

Klonki

Diabloii.Net Member
I like this small charm. Currently a level 71 amazon in HC 1.09d. Ghonna put out a Guardian-thread some time in the future.

Fine Small Charm of Dexterity
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 21
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x6a44bbe
+2 to Dexterity
+18 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

KO Bossy

Diabloii.Net Member
Screenshot001.jpg

Well, it took many hours of grinding and wanting to move onto other things, but in the end, it was worth it. Now I just need a base and I can make my Enigma.

And thoughts on where I can find good socketables? I can do Cows on like...P2, otherwise its too slow. After I make Enigma, it'll be easier, I'm sure.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
Depends on what base you want. It's not uncommon to make it in a breastplate or other low bases so you have more flexibility. Since it doesn't have percent defense it doesn't make a big difference. It's also not a bad idea to not make it in a superior base to avoid high repair costs.

KO Bossy

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on what base you want. It's not uncommon to make it in a breastplate or other low bases so you have more flexibility. Since it doesn't have percent defense it doesn't make a big difference. It's also not a bad idea to not make it in a superior base to avoid high repair costs.
What do you mean by flexibility? Like I can transfer it onto other characters? Or that the stats requirement is low?

I mean, yeah, 3os BP has very low strength requirements, but its not that much higher for, say, a Mage Plate. And certain gear I have requires higher strength anyway. Trang's gloves needs 58 strength, and I need FCR/Cold Res, and an MP is 55 strength. I'm thinking I should go with that, but wanted opinions.